BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs. Wycombe - 19th Sept, 3pm

J*B

1 hour ago, yankfan said:

Checked in on the Noblers forum to see what they thought of Dolan. 

Seem to think he wouldn’t make the bench in their side. The delusion of fans never seems to amaze. 

9202AD5E-885E-4496-A32B-94FC70CAC6F1.png

Hilarious. Maybe he doesn't get in their side. Maybe he doesn't get in ours when Dack and others get back.

The point is that he's a baby in footballing terms, in a few years time he could be so far ahead of either of us that you could buy ten Tom Barkhuizens for what he might cost. And they gave him to us for nowt.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Tony Mowbray still has his ability to spot a good player.

To be fair his Academy coaching staff were the ones who persuaded him to get him in but that to me shows a very healthy management structure where the club manager trusts the advice of his staff.

It also shows that any player who shows the right attitude in training will get a shot of first team action. 
Dolans arrival seems to have had a positive effect on Chapman who had a terrific cameo when he came on.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

Andy Bayes on RL has just laid the blame on Newcastles goal on Nyambe. I thought Lenihan was far more culpable by getting drawn to the ball and letting his man run free. 

Wouldn’t disagree Tony, there’s usually two or three at fault for a goal. But if you are the last man back and you decide to step up for offside, you need to get it right. With his pace and athleticism, if he’d gone with the man I doubt there’d have been a clean shot at goal. I’ve never been impressed by his defensive brain and decision-making.

32 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

Excellent performance today.  We are playing some really attractive stuff the way Mowbray has us set up this season.  I thought Williams was outstanding at centre-back - won everything in the air.  Johnson was a rock in front of the back four which is an ideal position for him.  He has strength and a terrific passing range.  Dolan is a really exciting prospect and Mowbray seems to be letting him have his head in terms of running at team.  Whatever we do in the rest of the window we must keep hold of Armstrong.  It was good to see us give a strong performance over 90 minutes and with not a weak link in the team.  A nice way for Mowbray to celebrate 700 games as a manager.  There will be tougher tests ahead but I must admit that I really like the look of how we are going about the job this season.  In a League that looks very open I actually don't think we will be that far away if we can keep our key players injury free.

Not a weak link? Are you Bell's social worker, Parson? lol

• Like 5

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

Andy Bayes on RL has just laid the blame on Newcastles goal on Nyambe.

well Fraser did run of him and Nyambe did stop tracking him and was too deep beyond the rest of the defender but no reason to drop unless it was tactical or injury. 

Has Mowbray said why Nyambe didnt play today?

Did Nyambe have an injury or was it your call?

"It was my call. At home against a team that I thought we were going to get in behind, Rankin-Costello with his ability to pick a pass even though he didn't do it well enough at times today, I felt it was a chance for Rankin-Costello to play right-back rather than Nyambe.

"The first two games, Nymabe's physical data has been through the roof, higher than I've ever seen it and this was the third game in a week, we don't want another hamstring injury, another problem for another first-team player.

"I just thought it was a day where we didn't need Nyambe's one-on-one defensive capability, so I sat him on the bench to give him a rest."

source Lancs Live website. From Mowbray during his post match interview

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did Nyambe have an injury or was it your call?

"It was my call. At home against a team that I thought we were going to get in behind, Rankin-Costello with his ability to pick a pass even though he didn't do it well enough at times today, I felt it was a chance for Rankin-Costello to play right-back rather than Nyambe.

"The first two games, Nymabe's physical data has been through the roof, higher than I've ever seen it and this was the third game in a week, we don't want another hamstring injury, another problem for another first-team player.

"I just thought it was a day where we didn't need Nyambe's one-on-one defensive capability, so I sat him on the bench to give him a rest."

source Lancs Live website. From Mowbray during his post match interview

Given the circumstances I'll buy that explanation. It hasn't been just an 11 man game for a while now, you need options in your squad. I doubt wether Nyambe sees it like that though.  I'm expecting Nyambe to be back for the game at Derby though.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

Fantastic performance today. I think 7 or 8 nil would have been a fairer reflection of the gulf between the two sides. 

Everyone was excellent, but Dolan was the pick of the bunch. He could potentially be the bargain signing of the summer in the whole of the league. Arma has become such a top player that you just expect him to score every game. 

Bradley Johnson and Rothwell also shone. 

Very promising but I have to say I'll be surprised if there's a worse team in the league that Wycombe. 

5-0! Didn't see that coming in a million years.

Full credit to the players and management, avoided the usual banana skin in some style.

Didn't get to watch the game unfortunately but from the highlights you could see a couple of things that Dolan did well.

Wycombe will struggle badly if they carry on defending like that. Absolutely horrible stuff from them.

Today was good and we can only play what is in front of us.  However, anyone who has played football knows, we need a new left back for Two reasons.

1  We need better defence in that area when pressure is on, particularly when we are playing better teams than Wycombe.

2. We also need to improve the balance of the team, without the need for central defenders being pulled out of position to cover in that area.

• Like 2

So we have played the easiest and hardest fixtures of the season in the first two games. We were much closer to Bournemouth than Wycombe, if that’s any indicator to future fortunes.

Got to give a shout out to Brad Johnson, I’m usually pelting the guy, but he had a cracking game today.

Joe Rothwell was outstanding in midfield, harshly subbed but whatever. Amazing run in the first half where he travelled 40yards in about 2secs, Wycombe had no idea what to do with him.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 4

Top notch display from Rovers just the ticket.  Yes it was ONLY Wycombe Wanderers but this should give some of the lads that boost of confidence heading into a busy difficult period.  People maybe overlooking a 1st cleansheet for Kammy too which is NICE!  Also on the horizon we could be playing Derby County at the right time... two defeats in two...

Match review & more.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Im noticing the games BJ plays well we win. Today, Bristol away, others that escape me right now.

Cardiff away too, when Armstrong scored from 40 yards out.

He can without question be a frustrating player at times, he gives the ball away too much for a player who has reasonable ability. Having said that even when he doesn't play well he brings things to the team that others (Travis aside) can't in his physicality and know-how. He'll be an important figure over the coming months given how many young players we've got involved at present. 

• Like 4

Just now, Admiral Nelsen said:

Cardiff away too, when Armstrong scored from 40 yards out.

He can without question be a frustrating player at times, he gives the ball away too much for a player who has reasonable ability. Having said that even when he doesn't play well he brings things to the team that others (Travis aside) can't in his physicality and know-how. He'll be an important figure over the coming months given how many young players we've got involved at present. 

Cardiff that’s it. I also think just his presence helps us, and Dack says he’s toughest he’s played against.