Jump to content
J*B

Rovers vs. Wycombe - 19th Sept, 3pm

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Stupid decision to drop Nyambe.

That team is not particularly strong, who is going to score bar Armstrong?

Must win today.

Dolan 1st goal today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Johnson is needed for his height in what is a relatively small team - hence I would have him rather than Davenport.

XstTXqT.jpg

According to this he's shorter than a fair few in the team today!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt actually and consider that this might be a one off tactical move. JRC will be a lot better there than Bennett was. We probably expect to spend the game with Wycombe parking the bus and therefore Nyambe's bursting runs are less important. Instead we want someone who can cross from the flank, and JRC is better at that.

Where it may fall short is that we will be susceptible to a counter, and Nyambe is the absolute best player we have at recovering quickly to deal with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

So you don't think they'll all be substituted during the match, do you?

Whhhooooooooooshhhhh!

Go and have another look at it. Hopefully I won't need to explain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

No. He was on the bench for all of them (bar one which Mowbray claimed was tactical). Mowbray preferred Bennett at the start of last season.

Just checked, to be fair he was on the bench more than I remember, but he still missed a few. Anyway, he's started the vast majority of the games that he's been fit for since about October-ishlast year and he's started this year really well, so I'd be really surprised if Mowbray's just dropped him it being partially a fitness precaution. I hope so anyway, because it really wouldn't make sense otherwise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Whhhooooooooooshhhhh!

Go and have another look at it. Hopefully I won't need to explain.

Your comment had no business in this thread. Try keeping your mind, such as it is, out of the gutter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still fancy us to win, let’s be honest we should be winning but if that’s a tactical decision to drop Nyambe it’s bonkers so have to assume he’s picked up a knock.

Otherwise maybe we are thinking of selling him before he leaves for nothing, Tony has been harsher with him that many others 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Your comment had no business in this thread. Try keeping your mind, such as it is, out of the gutter.

Jesus christ, relax man. And I'll do no such thing, I like the gutter. 'Your mind, such as it is' lol...I've got a 140 IQ mate :) Don't get pissy because you didn't get the joke and ended up looking silly.

Edited by bluebruce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

If I was Nyambe I’d be slapping in an immediate transfer request, never mind signing a new deal.

Maybe he has already 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looking through the line up and it`s lightweight to say the least.i hope wycombe don`t brutalise us,luton physically had far to much for us twice last season and i think wycombe are a similar side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one who thought his defending for Newcastle’s goal on Tuesday was pathetic? Plus, against a team who rely on long balls to a big number 9 and against who we expect to dominate possession, I’m not inspired by his one assist and no goals in 150 starts. Or maybe without Travis for him to pass reverse angle balls to from promising positions. Or maybe JRC and Dolan combine much better in training. Or maybe he just doesn’t fancy him.

Anyway, I’m keen to see Dolan/JRC in tandem, could be the new Bentley/Emerton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ewood Park is looking alot better than it did pre season.. there's something positive :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Am I the only one who thought his defending for Newcastle’s goal on Tuesday was pathetic? Plus, against a team who rely on long balls to a big number 9 and against who we expect to dominate possession, I’m not inspired by his one assist and no goals in 150 starts. Or maybe without Travis for him to pass reverse angle balls to from promising positions. Or maybe JRC and Dolan combine much better in training. Or maybe he just doesn’t fancy him.

Anyway, I’m keen to see Dolan/JRC in tandem, could be the new Bentley/Emerton.

Andy Bayes on RL has just laid the blame on Newcastles goal on Nyambe. I thought Lenihan was far more culpable by getting drawn to the ball and letting his man run free. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsor

Sorry but that looks like an atrociously weak team. Whoever is injured or waiting for fitness, it looks like last year's (inadequate) team but with major holes. How does TM keep his job is beyond me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, arbitro said:

Andy Bayes on RL has just laid the blame on Newcastles goal on Nyambe. I thought Lenihan was far more culpable by getting drawn to the ball and letting his man run free. 

bayes is mowbrays fanboy,he would`nt take issue with him if we were bottom of the league by 15 points and conceding 4 goals a game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JRC in his best position.

 

Rothwell Man of Match today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

Sorry but that looks like an atrociously weak team. Whoever is injured or waiting for fitness, it looks like last year's (inadequate) team but with major holes. How does TM keep his job is beyond me. 

Concerning thing for me is Trav and Evans being fit doesn’t change the ‘game changer’ options for the bench - whoever they knock out of the 11. We’re only missing Gallagher as Dack’s a good couple months away yet. A forward coming in is a must - if we go behind and need something off the bench, then there is absolutely zilch to turn the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ifollow is about 30 seconds behind radio. Lets hope that's my only complaint today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worried that Kaminski chose to punch that. I don't like keepers who do that, always goes tits up at some point.

Not camped in Wycombe's half so far as expected....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

JRC in his best position.

 

Rothwell Man of Match today

Disagree, he's too weak defensively to be a full time FB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we just ignoring that that was a clear foul inside or just on the edge of the box? JRC got the touch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.