BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs. Wycombe - 19th Sept, 3pm

J*B

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Big shout that. Definitely technically has potential but even on Saturday he got crowded and bullied off the ball a few times before he settled.

Created 5 chances in his 22 minutes on the field according to some stat I seen on twitter.

He looks quality on the ball but still feeling his way in.I agree with oldgregg he is going to be a big player for us 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Created 5 chances in his 22 minutes on the field according to some stat I seen on twitter.

He looks quality on the ball but still feeling his way in.I agree with oldgregg he is going to be a big player for us 

It was against a 10 men and 4 down Wycombe team. 

That being said, the pass for the fifth was superb.

Size doesn't matter. Over time Buckley will learn that he hasn't got it in him to try and shoulder a player off the ball anymore. He might have got away with it at youth level but in the adult world you come up against people who are genetically bigger than you. No biggie.

Buckley isn't a tall lad, so that low centre of gravity will benefit him, and over time you'll see how his game will evolve so that he doesn't get in situations where he needs to out strength an opponent. Some of the best players in the top divisions are small (Bernardo Silva, David Silva, Lionel Messi....) all known for their passing, technicality and not their pace or strength.

That is what will define Buckley as a player. If he has the ability to counter his lack of physicality, and he definitely does, then he will be destined for a top league no doubt about it. He's quite simply one of the best footballers we have seen at Ewood in modern times.

Core strength and a good football brain will see him through. I am excited to see him this season and think he'll play a much bigger part in the later stages of games.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Big shout that. Definitely technically has potential but even on Saturday he got crowded and bullied off the ball a few times before he settled.

Is there a player you have full, unmarred excitement over? Every time someone posts something about a young talent at the club, you seem to shoot it down and say that it's over the top. Like every time without fail ?

I can honestly say I have never reported anyone. And if I wasnt prepared to have my opinion questioned I probably wouldnt come an internet messageboard. I saw the line about being fun at parties @Dreams of 1995 and certainly did not take any offence to it, I took it as the joke as intended.

And I cant imagine being on my own in thinking that describing Buckley as "quite simply one of the best footballers we have seen at Ewood in modern times" is hyperbolic. I made it clear that his assist was superb. 

I dont think its unreasonable to post a positive and a negative about a player, thats not being pessimistic, surely thats having balance or trying to? Is doubting predictions that Dolan will get a big money move to Europe within 18 months and Buckley will become our key midfielder or is one of the best footballers seen at Ewood in modern times being needlessly and unncessarily pessimistic and miserable? Maybe it is.

In terms of players that I have rate, I have had numerous posts in the last few days bigging up Dack saying that he is one of the best players in the division and I cant wait to see him link up with Armstrong who I am only positive about. Ayala I have been very positive about the signing of, I mentioned him at the start of the window but thought it might be unrealistic so was very happy. I keep defending Lenihan based on the PPG we pick up with and without him. Ive been very pro Nyambe when posters have questioned his attacking side, which I dont necessarily disagree with but I think the focus is on conceding less. Travis, cant think of much negative to say about him. Evans, I have often defended because I feel that he is underated. Holtby I think is a big player too.

Beyond that clutch of what I consider to be our best players, I admit there are positives and negatives. Buckley looks technically very good but also very weak. Rankin Costello looks steady. Dolan looks very talented indeed but I am wary of people going over the top because its very early and I dont people to expect too much. 

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

I do wonder if the newly-found 'quarterback' role for Holtby ought to be Buckley's? 

There is an argument for that as he would get on the ball more. However, for now I'd like him a bit further forward playing the killer pass. Holtby is just fine moving the ball forward quickly and setting the tempo.

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

I do wonder if the newly-found 'quarterback' role for Holtby ought to be Buckley's? 

The skinny Tugay ?

? BUCKLEY eat a Turkish delight 

in all honesty I’ve seen him harass and win balls back the way travis does albeit in the youth set up. He is as good defensively as he is going forward. With his vision and passing ability he could play that role , however I think he’s better playing further forward like that unit Foden does ?

Edited by Oldgregg86

8 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

It's so good. I've made up my mind about his talent, we've seen other midfielders (and some good ones) play hundreds of games for Rovers without weighting a pass that well.

He'll probably still need some bedding in over the coming months as he learns to improve and manage his weaknesses, but I hope that we'll finish the season with him being as established name on teamsheet like Travis has become. 

Best pass I ever saw at Ewood in recent times - From just outside the right hand corner of our penalty box a ball like an arrow right into MGP's stride out on the left wing almost on the edge of our opponents penalty box. The passer - step forward Aaron Mokoena. That cross from Kuqi out on the touchline right onto MGP's foot for that volleyed goal wasn't bad either.

Regarding Buckley, good players can always turn away from trouble into space. Ordinary players turn into trouble lots of the time. Simon Barker wasn't the quickest but he was brilliant at turning away from trouble and into space.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Best pass I ever saw at Ewood in recent times - From just outside the right hand corner of our penalty box a ball like an arrow right into MGP's stride out on the left wing almost on the edge of our opponents penalty box. The passer - step forward Aaron Mokoena. That cross from Kuqi out on the touchline right onto MGP's foot for that volleyed goal wasn't bad either.

Regarding Buckley, good players can always turn away from trouble into space. Ordinary players turn into trouble lots of the time. Simon Barker wasn't the quickest but he was brilliant at turning away from trouble and into space.

What about more recently the Jason Steele ball to emnes , whose touch was a thing a pure beauty before bamboozaling two Wigan defenders and slotting home for a well needed 1-0 win. 

regarding Buckley the first thing that made him stand out to me was the space he found himself in, the time he had on the call to pick the passes, he just made the game so easy with the time on the ball he had 

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

• Backroom

The pass was sublime and his class in that aspect is exciting; I’ve felt In the past more often than not he’s been lost in games he’s started but hopefully now he and Mowbray have focussed on what he does really well and basing his game around that.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I remember that goal, may be wrong but feel it was against QPR in a game a lanky Young Peter Crouch scored 

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

vs Southampton in April 2005, MGP Scored from it too.

• Like 2