BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers vs. Wycombe - 19th Sept, 3pm

J*B

Just now, Miller11 said:

Apart from the 10 at the beginning of last season where he had to play second fiddle to Bennett.

He was injured for plenty of those, no? 

In any case, I'd be astonished if this is down to anything other than being cautious about his fitness. Not saying it's the right call either, but very much doubt it's just him being dropped. 

• Backroom

Would have given Davenport a start over Johnson. If he isn't even trusted to start at home to Wycombe when will his time come? I guess when either or both of Holtby & Johnson get injured. 

Our bench certainly highlights a lack of squad depth. Not many (any?) game changers there. Chapman at a push.

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

what does davenport have to do to start???,nyambe dropped and the two muppets bell and williams included as well,mowbray never fails to annoy me

Change his name by deedpoll to Bennett.

In the LT article about his team selection against Newcastle, Mowbray said he wasn't going to protect any player from getting injured.

1 minute ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

In any case, I'd be astonished if this is down to anything other than being cautious about his fitness. Not saying it's the right call either, but very much doubt it's just him being dropped. 

No. He was on the bench for all of them (bar one which Mowbray claimed was tactical). Mowbray preferred Bennett at the start of last season.

• Like 1

Just now, Richard Oakley said:

In the LT article about his team selection against Newcastle, Mowbray said he wasn't going to protect any player from getting injured.

on the positive side,i can`t see johnson or holtby lasting the whole match,he might get on and have a stormer,then not get picked again next week?

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I mind this less. If it was Bennett it can only be favouritism. 

Nyambe should be starting every game he is fit. Let’s not try to soften it up with “at least it’s not Bennett”.

Something very wrong here.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I just don't buy the minor knock thing and then have him on the bench. If JRC is injured in the warm up Nyambe would have to start. Unfortunately for Nyambe he seems to be Mowbrays patsy.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

That comment and then Nyambe on the bench suggests it isn't a fitness thing.

Mowbray just can't fucking help himself can he? As soon as we start to feel optimistic about recent signings, he has to go full Mowbray again and remind us he can't be relied on to steer the ship tactically for the season. There better be an explanation for this after the game, and it better be that Nyambe is a little tired so we are being cautious. Though you have to question why he is on the bench in that case.

Also find it strange that Nyambe has been dropped, hopefully Mowbray is asked about it after the game.

Great to see Dolan get a 2nd start in a row... hoping to see a goal from him today. Brereton also needs to prove something today, preferably by scoring!

Very attacking lineup today - with Travis & Evans out, it looks like we are in desperate need of another CM. I think a midfield 3 of Holtby, Johnson and Rothwell will be able to handle Wycombe, but against better teams that is nowhere near enough defensive cover.