Final League Position - Poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish this season?

• Top 2
    • Play-Offs
    • Top Half
    • Bottom Half
    • Relegation

Went top half ie similar to last year. Ayala a good signing. Kaminski still difficult to judge at this point. Still have the main weak point (Bell) in the team and seemingly no urgency to replace him. Armstrong a goalscorer that not all teams have, Dack a second but a real conundrum in how we get them both firing together. Travis a big loss. So a mixed bag really. Not good enough for top 6 but certainly too much to get dragged in to anything at the wrong end. Problem is, I cant see us keeping our best players next summer if we dont go up.

Top half, struggle with strength in depth. A crucial injury early on, no guarantee of funds for a replacement. Dack to come back, but not soon it seems. Tony isn't a "go getter". Worst of all, our bloody owners! I was nearly sick when I saw Barry Bling's cardboard cut out next to Sir Jack in the stands.....what an insult!

• Like 3

With the likelihood of injuries and suspensions if we fail to bring in another defender preferably a left back then I think we’ll slide into the bottom half. If we do strengthen and keep hold of everybody then I think we’ll creep into the top half. Either way I think we’ve nailed on that 8th-14th zone. 

• Backroom

Top half for me. I think our thin squad depth will ultimately keep us from getting into the top six. If we were extremely lucky and went through the entire season with our best players staying fit, suspensions at a minimum and Dack coming back looking better than ever and slotting into the side without a problem - then top six would be a distinct possibility. Oh, and no playing Gallagher on the right wing. Also Bell would need to be replaced. 

Bottom half. We will play good stuff, create and score, but also continue to leak goals unless something drastic changes which will prevent any higher than last year.

A lack of depth which is already being felt at this early stage with Gallagher, Evans, Travis and Dack out. More absences particularly in defence and we could be in serious trouble.

9 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

This is like asking a lad at 2am what he thinks of the girl he's just brought home from the bar. She's a 10, obviously.

On the back of this 5-0 win we're clearly going to piss the league.

This is like asking a lad at 2am, who is pissed out of his skull, what he thinks of the girl he's just brought home from the bar. She's a 10, obviously.

I voted Playoffs, by the end of this window we will be a stronger and better squad than last season.

At a push I would settle for anywhere above Preston Knob End

Edited by AllRoverAsia

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

A 5-0 win (as enjoyable as it was) against the worst side to come to Ewood in the last decade doesn't sway my decision.

I think that may be a point worth repeating. They are essentially a L2 side who have massively overachieved in the last 2 years due to having a very talented manager (it would seem)

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Sheffield Wednesday’s points deduction aside, our convincing wins were against bottom three sides with 1 win in 10 games between them.

A false dawn?

I think the excitement  understandably came from the manner and scoreline of those wins, there were specific small periods in which we scored 3 in quick succession.

There doesnt seem to be an in between at the moment, in neither of the last 2 games did we even threaten the goal.

Ultimately, a start of 2 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses is decidedly average.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Pretty much where i think we’ll be. Genuinely like the bloke but I’ve seen nothing to think that we won’t be a win one, draw one, lose one team yet again under Mowbray. 

In contrast, Forest just won Hughton’s first game in charge after four straight defeats.

Not making the play-offs must surely make this Mowbray’s last season here.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Not making the play-offs must surely make this Mowbray’s last season here.

He’s been backed to the hilt - he simply has to deliver this season. Surely even Mowbray’s biggest of fans would think the same.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1