BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Derby V Rovers

Derby away next week might seem a tough game when the fixtures come out but theres no reason why we shouldnt go there targeting a win. 2 losses for them so far at home to Reading and at Luton, and seemingly problems at both sides of the pitch. They signed Kamil Jozwiak who we have been linked with and who set up a goal before going off with a knock, as did Jack Marriott who went off after scoring his first goal in a while.

Would like to see a new LB in this week but based on Mowbrays comments it seems we are having a re think in terms of transfers so assuming we dont add, I would go:

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Ayala Williams

Rothwell Johnson Holtby

Dolan Armstrong Brereton

Subs: Eastham, Rankin Costello, Wharton, Davenport, Buckley, Chapman, Gallagher

2 changes, both at full back where Nyambe comes back in. Also Bell is a weakness and Williams is a better defender, and that in turn allows Ayala to come in.

Hopefully we can pick up where we left off.

• Like 1

No need to change too much after a 5-0 win. Nyambe over JRC as Derby offer much more going forward. Either Williams or JRC at left back over Bell for me. Rest of the team picks itself at the minute, even if fit I think Johnson’s played well enough to consider himself ahead of Corry Evans

Williams won't play left back unless he's had a mass change of heart so i don't know why it keeps getting suggested. As daft as the Mulgrew for left back, Midfield etc. Not happening especially after the managers comments about Bell. 

Wouldn't change a think really there shouldn't be a need injuries aside after that win. Tony will need to be on the sleeping tabs this week over this one.

3-3 draw.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Williams won't play left back unless he's had a mass change of heart so i don't know why it keeps getting suggested. As daft as the Mulgrew for left back, Midfield etc. Not happening especially after the managers comments about Bell. 

Wouldn't change a think really there shouldn't be a need injuries aside after that win. Tony will need to be on the sleeping tabs this week over this one.

3-3 draw.

It is only my suggestion rather than what I think would happen. I feel that Williams is average but as a left back is better than Bell, and whilst he would prefer to play centre back, at a time when we have 2 very good centre backs and no competent left backs, id like to think that Williams wouldnt refuse to play there.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

3-3 draw.

Yes, completely insane. Williams is terrible at fullback. Bell has pace which is so so important. But hopefully we do find a replacement for him.

Definitely would play Nyambe.

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It is only my suggestion rather than what I think would happen. I feel that Williams is average but as a left back is better than Bell, and whilst he would prefer to play centre back, at a time when we have 2 very good centre backs and no competent left backs, id like to think that Williams wouldnt refuse to play there.

I think defensively he's still more solid than Bell but unless it's a crisis i'd let him concentrate on centre back now he's settling in there again.

Just now, Vilesinner said:

Yes, completely insane. Williams is terrible at fullback. Bell has pace which is so so important. But hopefully we do find a replacement for him.

Definitely would play Nyambe.

Its not very important if it doesnt help either defensively or going forward, pace alone is of little use. Williams is better defensively one on one and a better crosser. And he himself is not up to the standard that we need as a left back. Just the lesser of two evils.

Might be a decent time to play them, seem to be missing a few up front. Waghorn & Lawrence not played yet this season & I think I'm right in saying that Marriot & their new Polish winger both went off injured against Luton. They let Martin go at the end of last season too, could be down to the bare bones up front. 

Expect Nyambe to come back in, otherwise the same team as against Wycombe. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I think defensively he's still more solid than Bell but unless it's a crisis i'd let him concentrate on centre back now he's settling in there again.

To be fair I can understand why there is no urgency to dislodge Williams immediately with his performance on Saturday and of course with Ayala getting up to speed.

I would say that I think there is little doubt that Ayala and Lenihan will become our first choice partnership though. My thought process was that although Williams is better at centre back for sure than at left back, the difference is far less than between Ayala and Bells respective abilities.

Ideally, although seemingly very unlikely now, we sign a left back to come in for the weekend, Williams keeps his place for now and we take things from there. Keep another clean sheet and he keeps his place, get beat or concede a couple and maybe Ayala comes in v Cardiff to deal with Kieffer Moore.

• Like 2

Play how we have in the previous 3 games and we will win this. Seems like a good time to play Derby aswell.

kaminski 

nymabe Lenihan Williams JRC

Rothwell Johnson Holtby 

Dolan Arma BB

Wouldn't be against starting bell and saving JRC for the bench. If we have a new left back then I would throw him straight in aslong as he’s fit. 

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Can't change too much off the back of a 5-0 win.

Nyambe for JRC is about all really.

In the middle 3 against Wycombe we played 1DM (Johnson) and 2AM (Rothwell, Holtby). I could see him flipping it round, and putting JRC in there for more legs and pushing Rothwell further up.

Kaminski

Nyambe.    Lenihan   Williams.  Bell

JRC.   Holtby.  Johnson. 

Dolan.    Armstrong.   Rothwell. 

Subs : Fisher, Wharton, Ayala, Davenport, Buckley, Chapman, Brereton, 

No idea how the game will turn out but I think it will be a cracker.

• Like 1

Can't wait to this one. Almost by accident we have an exciting team.

Derby effectively blew our play off hopes with that comprehensive 3-0 defeat in our last game in front of a crowd.

They will be dangerous after their stuttering start but no reason we shouldn't have revenge.

Edited by philipl

3 minutes ago, philipl said:

Can't wait to this one. Almost by accident we have an exciting team.

Derby effectively blew our play off hopes with that comprehensive 3-0 defeat in our last game in front of a crowd.

They will be dangerous after their stuttering start but no reason we shouldn't have revenge.

I don't really think its fair when any mistakes are blamed on Tony but when we play well it is "almost by accident".

Tony has quite deliberately tested out and implemented the 433 and picked the players. It's success is as attributable to him as it's failures.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Neal said:

Got to be looking at beating teams like Derby if we have any aspirations. Hardly a single player of theirs I'd swap for ours. 

"got to be beating teams like Derby" 

Not having a go at you but I hate that anology. Last season I was quite upbeat at the prospect of a win there given our form. But God! What a non event that turned out to be. 

I'll be happy with a point there tbh, preferably without conceding. Oh! For the days we should be beating teams like Liverpool ???