BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Derby V Rovers

7 hours ago, Aqualung said:

"got to be beating teams like Derby" 

Not having a go at you but I hate that anology. Last season I was quite upbeat at the prospect of a win there given our form. But God! What a non event that turned out to be. 

I'll be happy with a point there tbh, preferably without conceding. Oh! For the days we should be beating teams like Liverpool ???

My intention wasn't to coin a phrase, it's my genuine belief. Derby on paper look garbage, followed by a performance at Luton to back it up. If (like the manager alludes to) we intend to have a go at promotion then yes, we need and should be beating sides like Derby. 

If you look at many of the sides who have been promoted, they look to win their next game, not take a point, go and win. We have the ability to match the expectation. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

There's several teams who've lost their first two that will finish in the top half, and some maybe even above us. \

You can't really read too much into form at such an early stage.

We lost to Charlton early 2019/20, they got relegated and we finished 11th.

10 hours ago, Aqualung said:

"got to be beating teams like Derby" 

Not having a go at you but I hate that anology. Last season I was quite upbeat at the prospect of a win there given our form. But God! What a non event that turned out to be. 

I'll be happy with a point there tbh, preferably without conceding. Oh! For the days we should be beating teams like Liverpool ???

Or putting SEVEN past Spurs.

Looking forward to this one as it's a good opportunity to see what we might be capable of this season. Not sure if it's a good or bad time to be playing Derby with their recent form. No doubt they'll be desperate to pick up their first points of the season but confidence must be low.  

The midfield area will be crucial and fingers crossed Mowbray has learnt his lesson from last season. The prospect of going into the top 6 got the better of him on the day and we lined up with some sort of 4-2-4. Travis and Downing got completely over ran against their 3 in midfield and we were comfortably beaten. 

The trio of Johnson, Holtby and Rothwell looked promising on Saturday. I fancy us to nick this 2-1 if we control that area and pick them off with our quality in the final third. Nyambe to come back into side at right back and hopefully Ayala on the bench. His experience could be crucial if we're under cosh and hanging on in the final minutes. 

Edited by AJohnson

Nyambe to come back in. It’d be Brereton making way for me with JRC moving into his preferred advanced position.

Confidence ought to be high for this, and hopefully theirs is through the floor! A level of performance that matches what we’ve already seen and I’m sure we will get a result.

59 minutes ago, philipl said:

When a club starts as badly as Derby, the third game is when they roar back- we have done it ourselves at least twice in recent seasons.

Dangerous if we let them get on top and start feeling confident.

Need to ram (ho ho) home the inevitable Derby self-doubt 

I agree that there tends to be a bounce at some point, and Rovers do have an unfortunate habit of being the fall guys in these kinds of games. However, if we continue to play to the strengths demonstrated in our opening games, I'm sure we can get something from this.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I’ve watched us lose to Leicester , Bournemouth and Newcastle, missed the Wycombe game because of work and I’m sorry to tell you all I will be watching this one so don’t listen to mercer and keep your cash in your pockets ?

You weren't watching that one very closely mate ?

• Like 6

On 21/09/2020 at 23:01, Oldgregg86 said:

I’ve watched us lose to Leicester , Bournemouth and Newcastle, missed the Wycombe game because of work and I’m sorry to tell you all I will be watching this one so don’t listen to mercer and keep your cash in your pockets ?

We drew 1-1 with Leicester, I think we'll be ok if you watch the Derby game.

• Like 1

On 22/09/2020 at 17:48, McClarky said:

What does Derby mean to me?  Simon Garner going nap and that atmosphere at Ewood for the play off semi in 92.  2nd leg wasn’t bad either but too tense to enjoy.

2nd leg is remembered by me for the Lionheart of Ireland............

Kevin Moran scoring our vital goal.

• Like 3