BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Derby V Rovers

53 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Cocu is doing a media conference this morning (about now I think) with an update about the injuries to Marriott and Jozwiak from their last game. Looking like one if not both won't be fit. 

If they're both out, then they look well short up front. 

Rovers being Rovers, I still don't find this reassuring. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Evans is still out with a ‘bruised foot’.... keep yourself in that cotton wool Corry lad, almost time for the international squad announcements.

I know he divides opinion but I genuinely would give him away for free. Im sick of seeing him miss games , shine for Northern Ireland and then the few games he plays he is mediocre and have enough players to do the job he does as well , if not better , on a more consistent basis. He’s a wasted wage . Get rid 

• Like 5

Looking forward to this one as it give an indication as to what kind of season we can look forward too.  We got spanked by the Rams last time around, and we have started this season with some excellent high tempo football.  If we can put in another decent performance and bring home the points I believe we could be a dark horse for the top 6.  Keeping Armstrong in the mix with the goals is a boost, and the longer Dolan goes unnoticed we have right bobby dazzler on our hands!  Match preview and more.

https://youtu.be/bgRe1Mfw1rY

• Like 2

I know it's the previous game, but I didn't want to resurrect the last thread just for it. Just watched this and thought it was funny as: https://m.facebook.com/groups/702046296583427?view=permalink&id=3434303000024396&comment_id=3434877833300246&notif_t=group_comment_mention&notif_id=1600785601977203&ref=m_notif

• Like 1

I'm confident about tomorrow, though not complacent. We have enough about us offensively to cause any team in this division problems, so if we can keep it tight at the back then we have every chance.

I'd be bringing back Nyambe and move JRC forward to replace Dolan, with a view to bringing Dolan on 2nd half against touring defenders.  I think away from home against a strong opponent JRC will have a bit more steel about him and allow us to take early control of the game. I'd stick with Bell just for the sake of balance, but really do think we badly need a replacement.

No changes elsewhere for me.

I'm going for a 3-1 win inc a brace for Armstrong, Derby to follow in Forest's footsteps with 3 defeats on the bounce as I think they'll underestimate us based on what happened there in March.

This will be an acid test of Mowbray's management, after a 5-0 win and playing well in general there is no excuse whatsoever for changing the starting line up with the possible exception of bringing back Nyambe (who hadn't done anything whatsoever wrong in the first place) for JRC.

Either way, Dolan shouldn't be dropped. Will Tony give the players their head and say 'same again" or overthink it and retreat into his shell and swap it about and go safety first based on his perceived view of the opposition strengths?

On a personal level I wouldn't mind a win tomorrow, had a £5 free bet on Betfair midweek on most of the favourites in the League Cup plus Rovers.

£399 if we win. Can cash out now for £122.

?

If we play with the same level of quality and workrate as we have done so far this season then I genuinely believe we have turned a real corner. I've been really impressed by our play and performances and have a real optimism for the season ahead which I haven't had in a long long time. 

Derby 1 - 3 Rovers (Armstrong (pen), Rothwell, Brereton) 

On 24/09/2020 at 15:42, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski

Nyambe  Lenihan  Williams  Bell

Rothwell  Johnson  Holtby

Dolan        Armstrong     Brereton

Subs:- Fisher, Wharton, Bennett, Buckley, Chapman, Davenport, Rankin-Costello

JRC missing despite being in the EFL team of the week last week? Incredible!