BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Derby V Rovers

59 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

This will be an acid test of Mowbray's management, after a 5-0 win and playing well in general there is no excuse whatsoever for changing the starting line up with the possible exception of bringing back Nyambe (who hadn't done anything whatsoever wrong in the first place) for JRC.

Either way, Dolan shouldn't be dropped. Will Tony give the players their head and say 'same again" or overthink it and retreat into his shell and swap it about and go safety first based on his perceived view of the opposition strengths?

On a personal level I wouldn't mind a win tomorrow, had a £5 free bet on Betfair midweek on most of the favourites in the League Cup plus Rovers.

£399 if we win. Can cash out now for £122.

?

Hopefully for your sake Tony picks JRC.

Not sure why so many pick on one of our best performers. And talk of dropping him after he was in the EFL team of the week last week. 

Pick on? He was totally untested defensively, all of his crosses went to the keeper and was unlucky to hit the post from his shot. Not sure he warranted a team of the week selection, obviously thats subjective, he was fine but Nyambe will be needed at right back (who was in the team of the week thr week before) and I dont think hes done anything in an attacking sense to make himself guaranteed a spot further forward.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Pick on? He was totally untested defensively, all of his crosses went to the keeper and was unlucky to hit the post from his shot. Not sure he warranted a team of the week selection, obviously thats subjective, he was fine but Nyambe will be needed at right back (who was in the team of the week thr week before) and I dont think hes done anything in an attacking sense to make himself guaranteed a spot further forward.

Team of the week is based on data. He had a great game and as much as you seem to not be a big fan of him, he played well. 

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Well, unless Nyambe is injured there's something not right. Contract situation? 

Mowbray left him out last week and one of the reasons was that his 'numbers were high' in the previous two games. My take on that is the Nyambe worked too hard which is exactly what I would be demanding from every player if I was the boss. So after a week with no game Nyambe is still left out. There will inevitably be speculation as to why he isn't playing - personally I just don't think Mowbray rates him too much. As I said last week it's almost like Mowbray is giving him and his advisors a good reason not to sign a new deal (if they even offer him one).

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Mowbray left him out last week and one of the reasons was that his 'numbers were high' in the previous two games. My take on that is the Nyambe worked too hard which is exactly what I would be demanding from every player if I was the boss. So after a week with no game Nyambe is still left out. There will inevitably be speculation as to why he isn't playing - personally I just don't think Mowbray rates him too much. As I said last week it's almost like Mowbray is giving him and his advisors a good reason not to sign a new deal (if they even offer him one).

If Nyambe’s not playing then I think Mowbray has decided JRC is his preferred rb and is maybe tempting Nyambe and his advisors into pushing for a move? Maybe Nyambe has indicated he isn’t gonna extend? 

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Rovers form in the form of haiku:-

If Rovers score 4

And Derby don't score any more

we may get a draw. 

Sorry to be a pendant, but a haiku is 575, that's 585 *dons tin hat*

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

If Nyambe’s not playing then I think Mowbray has decided JRC is his preferred rb and is maybe tempting Nyambe and his advisors into pushing for a move? Maybe Nyambe has indicated he isn’t gonna extend? 

If Nyambe has said he wont sign a new contract then we have to sell him. 

But after week win is was always unlikely he wouldn't change the 11. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Its October next week, i think he's decided to sit tight now and start looking in January for his summer move.  It will be interesting where he ends up.  Mowbray obviously doesn't trust him.

30 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Sharpe was adamant he'd be back this week and last week was just a rest and nothing sinister. Mowbray has bigged Nyambe up recently. Somethings not right. I'm guessing Nyambe has refused a contract and has maybe got interest from elsewhere. Bit shit if true.