BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Derby V Rovers

7 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Sharpe was adamant he'd be back this week and last week was just a rest and nothing sinister. Mowbray has bigged Nyambe up recently. Somethings not right. I'm guessing Nyambe has refused a contract and has maybe got interest from elsewhere. Bit shit if true. 

I agree something just isn't sitting right with this story. Mowbray was pretty fulsome in his praise of Nyambe only two weeks ago and was dropped after another decent performance against Newcastle. I can't see him having refused a new deal as, according to reports, they have only just recently started discussing it. 

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-nyambe-mowbray-contract-18955676

14 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Sharpe was adamant he'd be back this week and last week was just a rest and nothing sinister. Mowbray has bigged Nyambe up recently. Somethings not right. I'm guessing Nyambe has refused a contract and has maybe got interest from elsewhere. Bit shit if true. 

We’ve just won 5-0

If ANY of our squad doesn’t understand why the same players might start then they can bollox.

Is this confirmed btw?

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

We’ve just won 5-0

If ANY of our squad doesn’t understand why the same players might start then they can bollox.

Is this confirmed btw?

I don't disagree on team selection after a win but the general feeling was he was only absent because he needed a rest and chance for his body to recover. He is injury prone after all. He should be back this weeks as he's our best FB and we're playing a better team on paper with a good winger.

@arbitro called it last week so I'm guessing it's the same source?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JoeH said:

Team of the week is based on data. He had a great game and as much as you seem to not be a big fan of him, he played well. 

Exactly, basing a team of the week solely on data without any perspective is inherently flawed.

The data is useful but I think you sometimes struggle to appreciate that it is of little use alone.

Rankin Costello had a great game in your opinion, not as a matter of fact because of the data.

My personal opinion of his performance was that he was ok. Going forward, came close with a shot, crossing was poor. Defensively, totally untroubled. On the ball, neat and tidy.

I have yet to see anything particularly stand out to suggest that he should be a regular at this stage. Nothing wrong with that, he is a young lad who as a squad player may be very useful and hopefully he can become much more influential over the season.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Exactly, basing a team of the week solely on data without any perspective is inherently flawed.

The data is useful but I think you sometimes struggle to appreciate that it is of little use alone.

Rankin Costello had a great game in your opinion, not as a matter of fact because of the data.

My personal opinion of his performance was that he was ok. Going forward, came close with a shot, crossing was poor. Defensively, totally untroubled. On the ball, neat and tidy.

I have yet to see anything particularly stand out to suggest that he should be a regular at this stage. Nothing wrong with that, he is a young lad who as a squad player may be very useful and hopefully he can become much more influential over the season.

Agree with most of that re: statistics - but for me JRC has shown flashes of brilliance, he has endeavour and adaptability.

I won’t complain if he starts RB, LW, LB, RW - he can offer a lot anywhere and will give 110%

But I’m in love with Ben Brereton so my opinion on players should be taken with a pinch of salt! ?

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Agree with most of that re: statistics - but for me JRC has shown flashes of brilliance, he has endeavour and adaptability.

I won’t complain if he starts RB, LW, LB, RW - he can offer a lot anywhere and will give 110%

But I’m in love with Ben Brereton so my opinion on players should be taken with a pinch of salt! ?

His pass at Hillsbrough was good, apart from that, not much. I dont think he lets us down at all, but equally I dont think hes really stood out, I definitely think he will prove a weakness at full back too, even v Doncaster he struggled there. Clearly not where he is best. Hes a young lad though, im not saying he should be the finished product, im not saying hes let us down, he is crap, anything like that, just that his appearances thus far, perhaps at times partially hindered by the position he was chosen in, have been underwhelming IMO.

As a utility man, I prefer him to Bennett because of the lack of recklessness that he brings, but I also wonder if his versatility might not necessarily be of benefit to him long term?

Looking forward to the game tonight. We've played probably the worst and best team in the league so far, so will be interesting to see how we do against a side with similar aspirations and performances to us. I'll go with a 2-1 Rovers prediction as well.

Would be harsh to drop JRC, but I don't think he is that great as a full-back honestly. Nyambe is much better and more reliable. JRC has great technique and gets himself into good attacking positions, so should be playing further up the pitch. 

Brereton needs to keep getting starts for now to keep building his confidence. I'm still not convinced by him playing out wide though, as he doesn't have the pace of Rothwell, Armstrong or Dolan. Personally I prefer him playing more centrally where he can drop deeper to pick up the ball and bring the wide strikers and box-to-box midfielders into play.

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

awaiting the team news and expecting some mowbrayism(changes even though we won 5-0 last week!)

Hasn’t someone posted the team earlier in this thread? Same starting 11, some tweaks on the bench including Ayala coming in. 

Dont get the non selection of Nyambe again. Seems a player easy to leave out by the manager. He was "rested" to avoid burn out, did Rankin Costello play better than Nyambe had done the week before? No, so put Nyambe back in.

Time for a Brereton goal today in a meaningful game. He is getting regular starts, no excuses.

Edited by roversfan99