BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Derby V Rovers

Just now, JacknOry said:

Nyambe situation is baffling. Needed a rest apparently, has had one and still not in the side. JRC did okay but nothing special and wasnt even tested defensively - will be different today. 

Play JRC at left back. He would not do worse than Bell. Then bring Nyambe back in at RB. Simples.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

is jrc a better full back than nyambe,emphatically no,therefore it`s a braindead decision by a manager with obvious  cliques in the squad

Why change a team that has won 5-0?

Let's see how the game progresses but JRC is one of the first names on the teamsheet these days.

For me nyambe should start but tony has chosen to play a team that won the last game 5-0 so no problem for me keeping the same team. If we win or draw and play well fine. If JRC has a mare against a team I’m expecting to be defending against (hence why I would start nyambe and backed his decision last week) then he will deservedly get called out and criticised 

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Mowbray left him out last week and one of the reasons was that his 'numbers were high' in the previous two games. My take on that is the Nyambe worked too hard which is exactly what I would be demanding from every player if I was the boss. So after a week with no game Nyambe is still left out. There will inevitably be speculation as to why he isn't playing - personally I just don't think Mowbray rates him too much. As I said last week it's almost like Mowbray is giving him and his advisors a good reason not to sign a new deal (if they even offer him one).

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head Tony, that’s all it boils down to, although I think who partners better with Dolan might be a factor. The fact he’s preferring JRC knocks on the head all the not upsetting Benno, doesn’t like youth nonsense. 

5 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Why change a team that has won 5-0?

Let's see how the game progresses but JRC is one of the first names on the teamsheet these days.

Seriously? 

AA, Travis, Nyambe, Lenihan, Holtby, Dack (when back) are the first names on the team sheet.

• Like 2

Last time out, I was fuming that TM dropped Nyambe for JRC. However, I rationalised it (before kick off I may add) by posting that he probably expected to sit in Wycombe's half most of the match, therefore Nyambe's barnstorming runs are less necessary to move us up the pitch and that perhaps he thought putting a midfielder in there, with better delivery, would be more fruitful. The result and TM's comments after the match backed this up, and the talk about how much football RN had played, and being a player whose hamstring might suffer from too much intensity, made sense in this context.

This decision is an entirely different kettle of fish. Another week has passed, so unless there's been a bit of a niggle problem in training, fitness isn't an issue. And this isn't Wycombe at home, it's Derby away. They've started with two defeats and may be vulnerable, but we certainly can't expect to dominate the game the same way. On top of that, I'm a fan of JRC but he hasn't looked that great in his last two outings, whereas Nyambe has looked in great form with improved deliveries. Not playing Nyambe is hardly going to help with contract discussions either. I'd genuinely want to leave if I was him (excluding the fact I'm a Rovers supporter).

This is a big hairy dropped bollock. We might get away with it on the pitch today but it's a very worrying sign that Tony STILL hasn't figured out that Nyambe is by far and away our best fucking right back. In fact he's by far and away our best full back. It would have made considerably more sense to drop Bell for JRC and keep Nyambe at RB. By not doing so, TM is virtually saying that Bell is a better full back than Nyambe. It's madness.

Unless JRC has morphed into a far superior RB in the last week, there are only so many possible forgiveable explanations for this:

1) Nyambe had some niggles in training and we are wary of giving him a full 90 on the back of them.

2) Wait no, there's just number one.

The unforgiveable ones include that it's because of an unsigned contract, or TM is just up to his usual shit of making the wrong selections.

Even if we win today, then unless it ends up being very clearly because of JRC, it will have been the wrong decision as it simply makes no sense unless it's because of niggles. The rest of the team, I'm good with given our options.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 6

I would imagine the reasoning for JRC over Nyambe is that Jozwiak is going to tear apart whichever one plays, so may as well use the lad who has the better forward ability so we can outscore them.

Tough call i suppose ..JRC or anyone for that matter would feel hard done by to be dropped from a team winning 5-0 .

Maybe TM sees Derby as a weak side seeing  their results and performances (going off their fans views they ve been woeful and we all know on here .. the fans views are gospel !) and sees no reason to bring him back.

Just now, JoeH said:

I would imagine the reasoning for JRC over Nyambe is that Jozwiak is going to tear apart whichever one plays, so may as well use the lad who has the better forward ability so we can outscore them.

I don't recall ever seeing anybody 'tear apart' Ryan Nyambe. Even seen him keep the likes of Grosicky quiet at times.

• Like 3

Just shows the difficult decisions to make in squad selection right now. Going to be made even harder once Evans, Travis, Dack, Gallagher and Ayala are all available as well.

JRC and Dolan combined very well down the right flank last week, it would be harsh to break that up.

Any talk of Mowbray not favouring Nyambe or dropping him due to an unsigned contract is rubbish. It's a complete injustice to Nyambe to suggest that he would be sulking because of contract issues and has been dropped as a result. 

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I dont think that a player who may well be talented but is new to the country and a bit of an unknown quantity will tear apart any right back as a foregone conclusion!

That would be crazy logic. He may be a big threat but you surely put your best right back on to hopefully reduce his threat.

Evidently that’s not what the manager thinks. I believe it’s only right to skate JRC over Nyambe if a) as a team we defend poorly and b) if JRC is poor in the game.

Let’s talk tomorrow and see how it’s gone. We can be berating team selection until the games done.