BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Derby V Rovers

What a great first half, very exciting stuff.

Rothwell finally putting in performances that he always threatened to do. Dolan and Brereton are superb. Keep it going Rovers.

Not missing Nyambe too much at the moment or Raya for that matter ?

• Like 1

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Yeah so

When is everyone getting on my bandwagon? 

When he starts actually notching for himself.

I've liked his general play since lockdown too though. Just simply has to start adding goals and/or assists. Hopefully it will come.

Just now, moerpho said:

Soooo happy right now......and for some reason worried for the 2nd half.

This is a very new feeling.

All the little bits of “player development”, “changing our style” and “building a club” are starting to bear fruit.

If anyone can’t see the strides we’ve made under TM - in what is now the toughest times we’ve ever had... then you’re blind.

Behind closed doors is exactly what we needed.

• Like 2

Half time standing ovation required, super stuff and very refreshing.

Hope Johnson doesn't ease off because he's on a yellow. JRC/Dolan link up play shows great promise down the right. All in all a magnificent first half team display.

More of the same second half would do me. It may be just the lift we all need from all the doom and gloom.

Fuck Waggott & Co, We Are The Rovers!!

COYB

• Like 3

Absolutely outstanding, 3-0 up and Armstrong has been rubbish. Hardly touched the ball, should have scored from point blank range then missed an easy chance to play Brereton in.

Dolan, Rothwell outstanding,  Brereton really good again just needs a couple of breaks in front of goal.

Really good to watch. Keep it up lads.

• Like 3

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Absolutely outstanding, 3-0 up and Armstrong has been rubbish. Hardly touched the ball, should have scored from point blank range then missed an easy chance to play Brereton in.

Dolan, Rothwell outstanding,  Brereton really good again just needs a couple of breaks in front of goal.

Really good to watch. Keep it up lads.

Bang on! 

Looking at the table we've scored double the amount the 2nd highest scorers (10 for Rovers vs 5 for QPR). If only this sparks the owners to do some investment in our defence and we look like we're all set to "give it a go"! Early days though, but boy am I relishing the moment. Bring on 2nd half! COYB!!!

3 minutes ago, Miker said:

JRC has done pretty well at RB, but he lacks pace and has had to make up for it with some well timed tackles. I wouldn't be against Nyambe coming on in the second half with fresh legs to make sure they don't get back into the game.

Kaminski has been solid so far, but he has a habit of saving the ball into the path of opposition players, which is a bit of a worry.

Not keen on keepers that punch the ball instead of catch.  He tried bloody chesting a cross out at one stage??‍♂️.  Seems the usual eccentric keeper?.  

Still, he can be as odd as he wants and long as he keeps a clean sheet!!

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Mate, they’re just embarrassing. Teams 3-0 up at half time, away from home and mans claiming he knows more than the manager! ??‍♂️

I wouldn’t mind but Dolan didn’t even play for us the last time Gally was fit. Weird.

Haha. Mowbray said if Gally was fit Dolan would have been in the U'23's pre-season.  And he didn't sign him. Keep up. 

58 minutes ago, Miker said:

JRC was in the Championship team of the week along with Johnson, Williams, Dolan and Armstrong.

He also had the 2nd most touches and 2nd most shots on goal last week (including hitting the wood work), so was heavily involved in everything we did. 

Yes, TM has changed winning sides before... but how many times have we won 5-0 before?

The team of the week is based on just data, right? So whilst that's nice, I don't really care as I watched the game, and whilst I'm not saying he was awful, he wasn't 'let's keep our best right back out of the side' good. His delivery was worse than I've come to expect from him, and wasn't great in the game before that. When you win 5 nil against a poor team it's not as amazing to rack up good stats.

If we win this emphatically it won't matter who is at RB today, but looking forward it worries me he made this call. If we sell Nyambe for a Raya style pittance I'll be furious.

35 minutes ago, Stuart said:

He has definitely been the difference.

Since the season restarted, undoubtedly. His individual brilliance and also as a catalyst. I doubt he would have been ready back in Jan though. I think the failure to get offered a deal by Preston has really focused him. If he had been this good back in January we wouldn't have got anywhere near him this summer.

• Like 1