BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Derby V Rovers

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think thats harsh. Dack has shown before that he is a player very capable on the counter attack. He is not immobile even if he hasnt got the blistering pace of an Armstrong, and he also makes the right decisions, think back to the counter attack at Peterborough away.

He isnt a player who can only play in a direct team, its just that it was how we played until very recently. He is technically very good and it should suit him playing as such. I bet players like Armstrong and Holtby will love him back as quality players love playing with more quality players. 

I can see what you're saying but I don't think clubs really know when to sell anymore. Don't get me wrong he has got ability but I've seen many a game pass him by or he's gone wandering into areas of the pitch where we don't need him. He's been out a long time too, there's no guarantee he'll come back the same. Sounds like I'm throwing him under the bus, I love Dacky but like I say... The art of knowing when to sell... 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Neal said:

I'd be open to offers if there are any. It sounds ridiculous but I think he'll suffer without DG and slow play down for us on the counter. This team works, Dack doesn't have the pace to fit into the high press and quick transitions. Hope I'm wrong because he brings goals but we were far too reliant on him, it made us very one dimensional and I fear it may take us back to what we were. Now we have goals from everywhere and a decent fee would help at left back, a 2nd keeper and ease the financial burden which could quite possibly derail a potential promotion winning season. 

Disagree, I think it was Graham that made us extremely one dimensional. 

As daft as it sounds I thought Armstrong had a really poor game today. Don't want to lose either but if we HAD to sell either of Dack or Armstrong for £20m and Dack was back to full fitness I'd keep Dack all day long.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Neal said:

I can see what you're saying but I don't think clubs really know when to sell anymore. Don't get me wrong he has got ability but I've seen many a game pass him by or he's gone wandering into areas of the pitch where we don't need him. He's been out a long time too, there's no guarantee he'll come back the same. Sounds like I'm throwing him under the bus, I love Dacky but like I say... The art of knowing when to sell... 

Not only is he more skilful and gifted than most, he is more streetwise and more effective, he gets goals so often, I think he has never gone more than 6 games without a goal here. I just think that the team gets better with Dack in.

I would be surprised if there is much interest anyway unless he gets back with plenty of time to play before January. 

13 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Bloody hell! They must’ve been edited by a dingle!

Mind you, I’m all for them flattering Derby and playing us down. We can just go about our business quietly without any hype and unwanted attention from other clubs for our players.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As daft as it sounds I thought Armstrong had a really poor game today. Don't want to lose either but if we HAD to sell either of Dack or Armstrong for £20m and Dack was back to full fitness I'd keep Dack all day long.

Not a choice I’d like to make... but to be in a situation where we are having discussions like this really does show things appear to be on the up!

14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If we HAD to sell Dack or Armstrong for an obscene amount of money? Had to?

I'd snap their hand off. 

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not only is he more skilful and gifted than most, he is more streetwise and more effective, he gets goals so often, I think he has never gone more than 6 games without a goal here. I just think that the team gets better with Dack in.

I would be surprised if there is much interest anyway unless he gets back with plenty of time to play before January. 

This is as good as we've ever played. He made us better when we had the likes of smallwood in midfield... Those days are gone. 

35 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Opinions I guess but look how badly it went with Dack as a false 9... 

Think the fitness might be down to the short break this time so the players will peak quicker, mid season it'll really tell but its certainly done the likes of Holtby and Johnson no harm.

Then again when you are basing the side on youth the one thing you should always get from young legs is graft, no excuse not to. Credit to the manager for getting it out of them and letting them have a go.

We've said it before too many times but that suits what he has far more than containment possession based sitting back stuff that was turgid.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

This thread is very refreshing to see, about time something positive was happening to our club...

Keep it going Mr. Mowbray , you are winning me round ...

After all ...Tony Mowbray had a dream to build  a football team !!!

If you watch training sessions you Will notice what impact Damien Johnson has done.. great first team coach.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

First class today from Rovers. Derby and Rooney looked like they had no belief whatsoever. Relegation places after three defeats for them.

Rovers meanwhile in the nose-bleed territory, finally getting into the top six - currently fourth.

Mowbray has at last given his players a license to play attacking football with the opposition having to worry about us, something I’ve been asking for for two years.

Dolan has been the gem of the decade. Holtby taking to that central midfield role with vision like Tugay and more mobility. Brereton looked like a footballer today making intelligent runs, holding the ball up well and linking up well with his teammates. Arma quiet but got his goal by being in the right place at the right time - the position really that Brezza should be in. Williams is looking like Cafu at the minute and Lenihan needs to keep pace with him to avoid being replaced by Ayala. Kaminski looks like the commanding and competent keeper we’ve been missing. If we can upgrade on Bell then we have the makings of a play-off season at least.

A poor Derby side but still better than Wycombe. Something to build on.

To be fair Bell has played Will lately bit we do need a left back.

Edited by neophox
  • Like 1

I'm in real danger of getting carried away on the basis of today's performance, so I'll try not to go overboard in my praise. All I'll say is this.

Whilst Rothwell, Johnson and even Holtby have come in for some justified stick over the last 12 months, the three of them together is an extremely well balanced midfield. Watching Holtby today was an absolute joy.

Brereton, whilst not scoring, is clearly worth his place in the team on the basis of how hard he is to defend against. He used to be a liability for how easily he gave the ball away, today he was a menace whose performance was only missing a goal.

A couple of swallows don't make a summer for Bell, but beyond a horror 15 minutes against Doncaster, his season so far has actually been better than decent.

• Like 8