BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Derby V Rovers

Just now, JacknOry said:

Dacks a better finisher that AA. AA is better from range but in the box with little time to think, no one better than Dack.

He would have put that AA chance away today.

Yep. Dack is clinical.

i wonder if something has occured behind the scenes for this complete change of style,this year we are everything we wer`nt last year,quick,incisive and urgent,i know it`s only 3 games in but even against bournemouth,one of the favourites for promotion we looked very good,injuries and fatigue may catch up with us but it`s pretty exciting at the moment,we hav`nt played football like this since the souness era

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

And he contributes with goals and assists. Having a wide player do that all season will make massive difference. 

He did what all good wingers should do for the first goal - if the ball is on the other flank get in the box as fast as you can. He gambled, got right in, and was rewarded with a tap in. You've got to be in it to win it.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i wonder if something has occured behind the scenes for this complete change of style,this year we are everything we wer`nt last year,quick,incisive and urgent,i know it`s only 3 games in but even against bournemouth,one of the favourites for promotion we looked very good,injuries and fatigue may catch up with us but it`s pretty exciting at the moment,we hav`nt played football like this since the souness era

Mowbray has been messing around with the 433 for a while, So he's obviously fancied it. He had Downing playing the role of Holtby and Gallagher on the right wing in the last few games of last season, but the basic ingredients were there. Obviously they have doubled down and committed to the "gegenpresse" over the break as that is improved.

Of course there's a bit of fortune in there as well -  Dolan has been a complete surprise and Gallagher being injured so he got starts was also useful.

But it does to me seem like something we have been working towards since April / May. Credit where it's due. Mowbray decided we've got a very fit set of young players who can press and also keep the ball and he's built the team around that.

Playing 433 is a very bold move. Good on him.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Bloody hell! They must’ve been edited by a dingle!

Mind you, I’m all for them flattering Derby and playing us down. We can just go about our business quietly without any hype and unwanted attention from other clubs for our players.

I'm not impressed with Bell on that cross that their guy headed over the bar. On another day that's a goal. After initially tracked the winger closely Bell just gives it up and lets the guy cross the ball unimpeded.  A real full back would be throwing themselves into an attempted block there.

I was impressed with the way we got bodies forward and flooded the area around the box with players. Derby are obviously brittle mentally and going behind early on really rocked them but to win anywhere away 0-4 is a great result. We also managed to play the game out without too much trouble. Happy days !

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Anyone who was at pride park in March that was sat near the home fans, I’m thinking of that teenage Derby fan that was by far the biggest twerp I seen at a football game. I’m thinking of him tonight, 4-0!!! Get in.

What a great word twerp is 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Dacks a better finisher than AA. AA is better from range but in the box with little time to think, no one better than Dack.

He would have put that AA chance away today.

One on one I would say Armstrong has more chance of not scoring than scoring. Always been the case with him. However out of the box I would be pretty confident he would score or at least work the keeper. Very frustrating.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

One on one I would say Armstrong has more chance of not scoring than scoring. Always been the case with him. However out of the box I would be pretty confident he would score or at least work the keeper. Very frustrating.

On one on ones he lacks the ability or confidence to go around the keeper most of the time so it's got to be a close in shot. Some go in some don't.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

Another fantastic result!

Rothwell has settled in well in the middle, Dolan continues to thrive, we finally have a decent keeper and surely Bereton will find the net soon! Good times!

Key for me is a settled side and players in their actual position, too often TM chopped and changed, shoe horning in players (Gallagher on the wing etc) and now we seeing the benefit.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

JRC...didnt play the pass through to Arma at the right time, then played it badly, then swanned back to position casually looking unfit or not arsed. You're the right back lad, get back in position!

This game is going amazingly well, but that's still looking like the wrong choice.

B0llocks

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Nyambe situation is baffling. Needed a rest apparently, has had one and still not in the side. JRC did okay but nothing special and wasnt even tested defensively - will be different today. 

Baffling when JRC was on EFL team of the week last week? Why change a fantastic 5-0 winning team. Said that before today's match too.

Hope JRC won't be out too long.

3 minutes ago, JPTSwindon said:

Another fantastic result!

Rothwell has settled in well in the middle, Dolan continues to thrive, we finally have a decent keeper and surely Bereton will find the net soon! Good times!

Key for me is a settled side and players in their actual position, too often TM chopped and changed, shoe horning in players (Gallagher on the wing etc) and now we seeing the benefit.

Realistically as the season progresses we are going to need to rotate. But that actually works for us as most of our players fit into the 433 really well (Buckley, Evans, Chapman etc can all slot straight in) with two notable exceptions - Dack and Gallagher. When they get fit it will be interesting to see if they can adapt. If they can't they could find themselves warming the bench.

21 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm not impressed with Bell on that cross that their guy headed over the bar. On another day that's a goal. After initially tracked the winger closely Bell just gives it up and lets the guy cross the ball unimpeded.  A real full back would be throwing themselves into an attempted block there.

I was impressed with the way we got bodies forward and flooded the area around the box with players. Derby are obviously brittle mentally and going behind early on really rocked them but to win anywhere away 0-4 is a great result. We also managed to play the game out without too much trouble. Happy days !

Well noticed, I saw that too, gave the guy far too much space and was at sixes and sevens when turned inside and out, he is a weak link that needs upgraded.

delighted with the result and performance all the same, some players revitalising a rovers career I thought was finished - Johnson and Williams I’m talking to you. Iv been critical of both so credit where credits due

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Well noticed, I saw that too, gave the guy far too much space and was at sixes and sevens when turned inside and out, he is a weak link that needs upgraded.

delighted with the result and performance all the same, some players revitalising a rovers career I thought was finished - Johnson and Williams I’m talking to you. Iv been critical of both so credit where credits due

He just looks like a winger that's filling in at full back to me. There's no way that ball should have come across so easily.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Our keeper impressed me though. On the slo-mo, even as Nyambe jumped and missed, his eyeline moved to be watching the guy behind so was well prepped for the header. I’m starting to think he might be our best since Brad.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

B0llocks

It happened. I saw it. Stand by what I said. On top of that, JRC, who I think has looked distinctly slower in the last few games and had been suspecting was carrying some sort of strain, did his hamstring and came off. We didn't look any worse for Nyambe coming on, who played well as usual when given the chance.

Obviously we were outstanding today and didn't give Derby time to breathe, terrorising them up top. That had very little to do with the choice of right back though. The choice of right back just ended up being immaterial. Think I could have played there today and we'd have still won 4-2 or something ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Neal said:

This is as good as we've ever played. He made us better when we had the likes of smallwood in midfield... Those days are gone. 

He has scored 24 in 64 in the Championship. He is a brilliant player at this level who will improve us further which is a good thing. I think you are forgetting how good he is. And thats a positive. Smallwood was out of his depth as soon as we got in this league, Dack excelled.

• Like 4

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/top-scorers

Have a look at that top scorers list...

1. Adam Armstrong (5)

2. Bradley Johnson (3)

Then Dolan tied with six others on 2!

In fact, they've essentially put him in 4th, by virtue of the guy in 3rd having an assist, and Dolan having the best 'goals per 90' of them all (exactly 1)

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 3