Derby V Rovers

6 hours ago, Miker said:

Has any team won games 5-0 back to back before? Would love for us to do that,

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Our first three games back in the old First Division in the 1958-59 season -

Newcastle A Won 5-1

Leicester H Won 5-0

Tottenham H Won 5-0

Oh Mr Shoelaces! You've beaten me to it. I've been trawling through this thread since page 6 and loving every minute of it. I was going to give this same info when lo! and behold! my reply is given for me. ?

What a great result. But............(back down to earth) it's only 3 games into the season. Looks very promising. Let us hope it continues. We need to grind it out.

And, we won't be 4th come Monday night.

Still............for now...............woooooohoooooo?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He has scored 24 in 64 in the Championship. He is a brilliant player at this level who will improve us further which is a good thing. I think you are forgetting how good he is. And thats a positive. Smallwood was out of his depth as soon as we got in this league, Dack excelled.

Not at all, I've said how reliant we were on him because he was our best player but that's exactly my concern. We no longer need to rely on him, we have goals from everywhere. That said, I do remember many many games he was absolutely awful, especially without DG. If we can keep this form up, how can he improve us? Where does he fit in? As I said, I believe his success with us was heavily down to his partnership with DG. Listen, I hope I'm wrong, because if he can somehow make us even better then there's an even better chance of us getting promoted, so happy days. As this is just matter of opinion though, given the financial uncertainty, our current form, need to strengthen in other areas, I would sell for the right price. Remember, this is just an opinion on a totally hypothetical question... I'm not saying we should be hanging a price around his neck. 

1 minute ago, Neal said:

Not at all, I've said how reliant we were on him because he was our best player but that's exactly my concern. We no longer need to rely on him, we have goals from everywhere. That said, I do remember many many games he was absolutely awful, especially without DG. If we can keep this form up, how can he improve us? Where does he fit in? As I said, I believe his success with us was heavily down to his partnership with DG. Listen, I hope I'm wrong, because if he can somehow make us even better then there's an even better chance of us getting promoted, so happy days. As this is just matter of opinion though, given the financial uncertainty, our current form, need to strengthen in other areas, I would sell for the right price. Remember, this is just an opinion on a totally hypothetical question... I'm not saying we should be hanging a price around his neck. 

He is almost a 1 in 2 goalscorer and he isnt a striker. And he isnt a lump depedant on long ball, he is technically as good as any of our players. There is no reason why he can only play in a direct team, I think plenty forget how good he is. There might be a price for him but I cant wait to see him play again. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Neal said:

On paper, I think Swansea look poor and weaker than last season. Not many I'd swap with ours. 

I think that Gibbs White is dangerous at this level...Ayew is always good too...the manager gets good loans in due to his england youth contacts.  Decent at the back too, our defence still needs sorting whatever has happened in the last couple of games.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He is almost a 1 in 2 goalscorer and he isnt a striker. And he isnt a lump depedant on long ball, he is technically as good as any of our players. There is no reason why he can only play in a direct team, I think plenty forget how good he is. There might be a price for him but I cant wait to see him play again. 

He's definitely not dependant on a long ball but he was dependant on scraps from DG winning the 2nd ball in the final 3rd. I'm not sure he'll be quick enough or fit enough to fit in to this side and be effective in the high press. 

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

I think that Gibbs White is dangerous at this level...Ayew is always good too...the manager gets good loans in due to his england youth contacts.  Decent at the back too, our defence still needs sorting whatever has happened in the last couple of games.

And they want Williams... 

Left back needs sorting. 

• Like 1

I guess everything been said! However (!)----Unsteady start---should have been one down, liked the way we were "into them" rather than standing off and waiting, Kaminski was immense---such a pleasure to see a keeper assured enough to use so much of the pitch, Brereton---part of it all at last and so unlucky not to score, Johnson----that's some shot he has on him, Dolan---how did we get him?

Edited by 47er
  • Like 4

On Dack, it's gonna be down to him to take his chance when he does comeback. Simple as. There is plenty of competition and expectations have increased, down to him to rise to it. I don't think he'll be put into the team if he clearly causes a decrease in our overall levels of performance. 

I think he will be a quality addition when he is back and I'm excited just to see where and how that happens. He's looking lean and has had a lengthy amount of time to reflect and hopefully learn and be in touch with Mowbray's expectations. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Our first three games back in the old First Division in the 1958-59 season -

Newcastle A Won 5-1

Leicester H Won 5-0

Tottenham H Won 5-0

Yes; I was looking forward to quoting those stats when I'd caught up with all the posts from about halfway down page 26. I vividly remember being insufferable to the Blackpool-supporters - and one Burnley supporter! - in my class at Grammar school. A goal difference of 15!!?

As it goes, the Burnley supporter emigrated later to New Zealand, where I've visited him a few times. These days, we have a chat on WhatsApp on Sunday mornings [UK time] most weeks. After our result, and Ings' goal last night, I'm rather looking forward to today's chat!?

• Like 6

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think its hard to go under the radar when you win by 5 and 4! First look at the results and thats what you are drawn to.

And when you're the country's top scorers! Those stats are also an impressive golf score!! Night night, all!?

Edited by m1st
Realising I'd reached the end of the thread!!

Another great win as the manager's careful planning bears fruit.

Website whoscored.com has 3 of our players - Johnson,Armstrong and Dolan-in the division's top 7 with Johnson way clear as the best player in the league. Important those 3 stay fit although Dolan will probably need a break at some stage as most players in their first season in professional football do - fortunately it looks as if the penny might have dropped with Chapman who can cover.

30 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Another great win as the manager's careful planning bears fruit.

Great feeling to have won 2 in a row in such style but let's not get carried away too early eh? We've probably played the worst 2 sides in the division in succession.

One of my mates is a Derby supporter and he's been telling me all summer that he expects relegation this season. They were a shambles.

Winning is a habit and builds confidence so we should  continue to feel this effect going into the game against Cardiff. That's the true value of a win such as this.

• Like 3