Jump to content

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

This will be an acid test of Mowbray's management, after a 5-0 win and playing well in general there is no excuse whatsoever for changing the starting line up with the possible exception of bringing back Nyambe (who hadn't done anything whatsoever wrong in the first place) for JRC.

Either way, Dolan shouldn't be dropped. Will Tony give the players their head and say 'same again" or overthink it and retreat into his shell and swap it about and go safety first based on his perceived view of the opposition strengths?

On a personal level I wouldn't mind a win tomorrow, had a £5 free bet on Betfair midweek on most of the favourites in the League Cup plus Rovers.

£399 if we win. Can cash out now for £122.

🤔

Hopefully for your sake Tony picks JRC.

Not sure why so many pick on one of our best performers. And talk of dropping him after he was in the EFL team of the week last week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pick on? He was totally untested defensively, all of his crosses went to the keeper and was unlucky to hit the post from his shot. Not sure he warranted a team of the week selection, obviously thats subjective, he was fine but Nyambe will be needed at right back (who was in the team of the week thr week before) and I dont think hes done anything in an attacking sense to make himself guaranteed a spot further forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vilesinner said:

JRC missing despite being in the EFL team of the week last week? Incredible!

Nyambe has to come back in. Maybe in for Brereton if you want

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d bring Nyambe back and replace Bell with JRC. Then let loose! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Pick on? He was totally untested defensively, all of his crosses went to the keeper and was unlucky to hit the post from his shot. Not sure he warranted a team of the week selection, obviously thats subjective, he was fine but Nyambe will be needed at right back (who was in the team of the week thr week before) and I dont think hes done anything in an attacking sense to make himself guaranteed a spot further forward.

Team of the week is based on data. He had a great game and as much as you seem to not be a big fan of him, he played well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

I’d bring Nyambe back and replace Bell with JRC. Then let loose! 

Easily the most sensible option 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always worry when a team is having a bad run and their next game is us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Rovers form in the form of haiku:-

If Rovers score 4

And Derby don't score any more

we may get a draw. 

 

Like it!

And precisely why I am really looking forward to this game and nervous as hell at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same team but the bench could be different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mercer what's the betting today? I'm putting a £10 on 3 goals or more. Or maybe 4 or more. Can I retire on that?

Edit: on PP it's 13/5 on 3.5 or more and 6/1 on 4.5 or more. 

I'm going both teams to score and Rovers to win @4/1. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I hope JRC replaces BB. I say this in the hope BB scores and proves me wrong!

 

JRC is at right back again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsor
Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Well, unless Nyambe is injured there's something not right. Contract situation? 

Mowbray left him out last week and one of the reasons was that his 'numbers were high' in the previous two games. My take on that is the Nyambe worked too hard which is exactly what I would be demanding from every player if I was the boss. So after a week with no game Nyambe is still left out. There will inevitably be speculation as to why he isn't playing - personally I just don't think Mowbray rates him too much. As I said last week it's almost like Mowbray is giving him and his advisors a good reason not to sign a new deal (if they even offer him one).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Mowbray left him out last week and one of the reasons was that his 'numbers were high' in the previous two games. My take on that is the Nyambe worked too hard which is exactly what I would be demanding from every player if I was the boss. So after a week with no game Nyambe is still left out. There will inevitably be speculation as to why he isn't playing - personally I just don't think Mowbray rates him too much. As I said last week it's almost like Mowbray is giving him and his advisors a good reason not to sign a new deal (if they even offer him one).

If Nyambe’s not playing then I think Mowbray has decided JRC is his preferred rb and is maybe tempting Nyambe and his advisors into pushing for a move? Maybe Nyambe has indicated he isn’t gonna extend? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Rovers form in the form of haiku:-

If Rovers score 4

And Derby don't score any more

we may get a draw. 

 

Sorry to be a pendant, but a haiku is 575, that's 585 *dons tin hat*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Same team but the bench could be different.

Unsurprising after a 5-0 win. Wonder if it’s Gallagher for Davenport on the bench? Ayala for Wharton?

Edited by Paul Mani

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

If Nyambe’s not playing then I think Mowbray has decided JRC is his preferred rb and is maybe tempting Nyambe and his advisors into pushing for a move? Maybe Nyambe has indicated he isn’t gonna extend? 

If Nyambe has said he wont sign a new contract then we have to sell him. 

But after week win is was always unlikely he wouldn't change the 11. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mike E said:

Sorry to be a pendant, but a haiku is 575, that's 585 *dons tin hat*

Oh bollocks!. I know it's 7 and I counted three times as well!! Take the 'And' and shove it😉😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

If Nyambe’s not playing then I think Mowbray has decided JRC is his preferred rb and is maybe tempting Nyambe and his advisors into pushing for a move? Maybe Nyambe has indicated he isn’t gonna extend? 

Its October next week, i think he's decided to sit tight now and start looking in January for his summer move.  It will be interesting where he ends up.  Mowbray obviously doesn't trust him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Mowbray left him out last week and one of the reasons was that his 'numbers were high' in the previous two games. My take on that is the Nyambe worked too hard which is exactly what I would be demanding from every player if I was the boss. So after a week with no game Nyambe is still left out. There will inevitably be speculation as to why he isn't playing - personally I just don't think Mowbray rates him too much. As I said last week it's almost like Mowbray is giving him and his advisors a good reason not to sign a new deal (if they even offer him one).

Sharpe was adamant he'd be back this week and last week was just a rest and nothing sinister. Mowbray has bigged Nyambe up recently. Somethings not right. I'm guessing Nyambe has refused a contract and has maybe got interest from elsewhere. Bit shit if true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Sorry to be a pendant, but a haiku is 575, that's 585 *dons tin hat*

Pedant

Hiding under the table

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.