BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Derby V Rovers

40 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

In all seriousness, it looks  a very even Championship this year, they'll probably suspend FFP, so your backers in India will be able to put funds in .... the relegated sides don't look particularly good, nor do the promoted ones. Of the bigger Clubs, Forest, Derby, Boro', QPR and Birmingham all have various issues ( mainly Financial ), Stoke are struggling and Sheffield Wednesday are starting at -12 .... If you finish above Swansea and Norwich, I think you've every chance .....

We, on the other hand, need to carry on as normal, tie some players down to extended deals, pick up wins against the lesser ranked teams and get a couple of eye-catching results such as our 0-2 win at Old Trafford, and the 1-1 at Anfield .... but I'd take 17th now if I was offered it !! Enjoy your evening, all ! 

Anybody can win at Old Trafford now, the Fergie Fear Factor is long gone.

41 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

The change in playing style and personnel has really been remarkable since the days of Richie Smallwood and long punts to Danny Graham. Kaminski, Holtby, Dolan all have been magnificent upgrades and cost buttons. The current forward line has been eye-opening: Dolan has more tricks than Ronaldo, Armstrong fabulous pace and finishing, Brereton a bull running at defences - hard to see how a defence can keep all three quiet - and average age is what, 21?

I really wouldn't underestimate Dolan's impact in all this either.

He's set the bar with his enthusiasm and dragged the rest with him imo. Similar impact dare I say to Bellamy albeit different level obviously.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

two different types of player,dack will find space anywhere and picks the final pass well,the sign of a really good player,armstrong is pacier and needs the ball played in front of him,who do you pick though,the goalscorer or the provider??

Dack's first movement quite often is towards the ball and away from goal, Armstrong's first movement is usually away from the ball and towards goal. Two entirely different styles of " centre forward " play.

• Like 4

Just now, tomphil said:

I really wouldn't underestimate Dolan's impact in all this either.

He's set the bar with his enthusiasm and dragged the rest with him imo. Similar impact dare I say to Bellamy albeit different level obviously.

And he contributes with goals and assists. Having a wide player do that all season will make massive difference. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Madon said:

I hope there isn't a 'like' limit on the forum as I've just liked about 50 posts in an hour, grinning from ear to ear! 

You and me both, Madon! ?

I got in from shopping about half past four - had made a point of not checking this Board while I was out - and put Final Score on TV. Couldn't believe my eyes - have been ecstatic ever since.

COYB!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Madon said:

On a serious note, who do you drop for Dack? 

That's a decision I wouldn't like to make. 

I hope there isn't a 'like' limit on the forum as I've just liked about 50 posts in an hour, grinning from ear to ear! 

At the moment you would have to leave him out. All the forward players are currently playing aswell as he ever did. 

• Like 1

Unbelievable to win, let alone by another stunning scoreline.

Dolan has had a cracking start to his Rovers career. Can't believe PNE let him go.

I've been critical of BB in the past but it seems like he is finally starting to put in some performances and some consistency as well.

Armstrong on fire at the moment too.

Rothwell and Holtby finally have positions on the pitch that suit them.

Great to see Chapman getting more game time and contributing too. Gallagher surely cannot be back playing RW again.

2 great wins, just need a left back to come in and we still have Ayala waiting for his debut.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Madon said:

On a serious note, who do you drop for Dack? 

That's a decision I wouldn't like to make. 

I'd be open to offers if there are any. It sounds ridiculous but I think he'll suffer without DG and slow play down for us on the counter. This team works, Dack doesn't have the pace to fit into the high press and quick transitions. Hope I'm wrong because he brings goals but we were far too reliant on him, it made us very one dimensional and I fear it may take us back to what we were. Now we have goals from everywhere and a decent fee would help at left back, a 2nd keeper and ease the financial burden which could quite possibly derail a potential promotion winning season. 

1 hour ago, Roverinbelfast said:

I had a nosey in the PNE boards and they claim that Dolan wanted to leave and refused to sign as soon as he heard we were interested. 

That's made me love him even more ???

Anybody critical of the debates and opinions on here needs to take a look at PNEs Twitter feed.

What a bunch of throbbers they are. Over expectations are not unique to Rovers by any means ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Neal said:

I'd be open to offers if there are any. It sounds ridiculous but I think he'll suffer without DG and slow play down for us on the counter. This team works, Dack doesn't have the pace to fit into the high press and quick transitions. Hope I'm wrong because he brings goals but we were far too reliant on him, it made us very one dimensional and I fear it may take us back to what we were. Now we have goals from everywhere and a decent fee would help at left back, a 2nd keeper and ease the financial burden which could quite possibly derail a potential promotion winning season. 

Jesus, that’s a huge statement. Dack’s a talisman and the best finisher at the club. Gets in, just a case of where and who for.

• Backroom

That’s a ridiculous result, bloody brilliant.

I wasn’t sure Johnson had much of a future here but he seems to have really pushed on a level, the emergence of Dolan is unexpected at this level but absolutely amazing to see, not since Duff have I remembered such an instant impact, early days but Wow!

Tony is getting it all right at the moment and it’s paying off in spades, whatever it is just keep doing it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Neal said:

I think thats harsh. Dack has shown before that he is a player very capable on the counter attack. He is not immobile even if he hasnt got the blistering pace of an Armstrong, and he also makes the right decisions, think back to the counter attack at Peterborough away.

He isnt a player who can only play in a direct team, its just that it was how we played until very recently. He is technically very good and it should suit him playing as such. I bet players like Armstrong and Holtby will love him back as quality players love playing with more quality players. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Jesus, that’s a huge statement. Dack’s a talisman and the best finisher at the club. Gets in, just a case of where and who for.

None of what I said is untrue though IMO. Also, he's nowhere near as good a finisher as Armstrong.