BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Cardiff (H) - Saturday 3rd October 2020

Just now, DE. said:

I'm not that angry about the result as conditions were poor and we at least kept a clean sheet... but it feels like Mowbray instantly lost a chunk of recently built up goodwill by bringing Gallagher out onto the right flank again. Is he even worth £500k now, let alone £5m? 

7 points from 9 not a bad return just before the international break hits, but worrying signs today of normal service resuming. Cardiff going down to 10 was probably the worst thing that could have happened as it put the emphasis on us to attack and unlock them... and without Dack that's something we still seem unable to do. 

7 points out of 12, not 9. Average

• Like 2

Frustrating afternoon, Cardiff are an ugly side but to be fair to them they sat back (particularly after going a man down) and they kept us at bay, final ball just not there for us today. I do want to say though, I’ve massively slagged the guy off for a long time now but I thought Bell had a good game today. How good does Cardiffs right back look by the way? Kid on loan from arsenal, what a player. We regroup now and let’s hope we can bounce back next game, just one of those days today in terrible conditions. 

• Like 2

A lot of negativity on here. Obviously we weren't as good as previous weeks. But Cardiff had done their homework. I felt we were still the better side though and just needed to be more clinical. Arma and Gallagher missed sitters. Then lots of half chances or shots from range that we just didnt get hold of. 

Big positives are a third clean sheet in a row and in really slippery conditions Kaminski was good again. Loved seeing Ayala tearing into a couple of his teammates. The addition of those two should hopefully see us remain in the mix most of this season and stop the Mowbray spirals we've become accustomed too. Overall a good first segment of the season.

• Like 7

Just now, TheBigSmooth said:

Gallagher = Rubbish. Why take off two of our most imaginative players to bring on two of our least. Sometimes feels like Sunday league, games for the lads who turn up. 

Brereton and Dolan hadn’t looked like making much happen. Neither did Gallagher but it was worth trying something.

Frustrating but a fair score line. Can’t win them all by 4 goals and Cardiff spent the last 25 minutes camped in their own penalty area. Don’t think anyone did particularly badly and not sure what else the manager could have done. Take the point and move on.

• Like 3

• Backroom
Just now, jim mk2 said:

7 points out of 12, not 9. Average

The first game of the season is always an outlier and we played well in that one so not too worried about that. Today's performance was far more of a concern for me, particularly with the return of SG on the right wing. Unfortunately we're stuck with the lad as nobody else is paying to take him off our hands - even on a free who'd pay him the wages we have him on here? 

With that said if Arma has his shooting boots on today we win that match. We can't rely on Brereton or Gallagher to contribute as far as goals are concerned and Rothwell isn't exactly a goal machine either, so if Arma has an off day the chances of us winning reduce pretty drastically. The sooner we have Dack back in the team to help out the better.

Just now, TheBigSmooth said:

I don’t think that’s what he is there for. He creates chances. When Dack is back they’ll feed of each other 

He created nothing today. He has to be better from the edge of the box......a real weakness.

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

Poor today, 5 points off the top 2 already and only 4 games gone.

Very disappointing after the good start we've had.

Reading wont be top 2 come the end, Watford possibly. Far too early to be saying we are so many points off this or that just yet. Cardiff did their homework and essentially, their strengths are our weaknesses as somebody put it earlier. Big physical sides like that we will struggle against I feel. Them getting a player sent off ensured it was a draw in my opinion. 

• Like 3