BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Cardiff (H) - Saturday 3rd October 2020

16 shots, only 6 on target. 61% possession to Rovers. Didn't have our shooting boots on.

Just no penetration or pace when we needed to turn it on. That said the miss by Gallagher- oh dear.

Cardiff big difficult to play against, very well organised. But you can see Bournemouth destroying them.

Well, that was screaming out for a player like Dack. Nobody looked like they had the quality to make the difference. 

- Nyambe was poor, offers little going forward (especially given Cunningham was on a yellow)

- 3 clean sheets in a row regardless of circumstances is great

- Johnson had a good game, hope he keeps this run going

- Gallagher is so frustrating. Offers nothing as a threat and gives away so many silly fouls 

- Cardiff won’t be anywhere near the top 6 this year, maybe their style of football will be effective on occasion, but they have very little quality to vary it. 

• Like 2

Just now, Miller11 said:

Don’t forget Rothwell. The rest of his game was a 9/10... a three would be generous for his shooting today.

Ive said that all along - he cant shoot for toffee. But did he really have as big a chance as those two? 

Just now, tonyoz said:

Let’s be fair..........it was very disappointing.

Hmmm ..take the result without the previous drubbings we ve handed out  ..and a draw ..with a clean sheet ..against a side that many on here said would be a major test . isnt that bad...

• Like 3

Just now, JacknOry said:

Reading wont be top 2 come the end, Watford possibly. Far too early to be saying we are so many points off this or that just yet. Cardiff did their homework and essentially, their strengths are our weaknesses as somebody put it earlier. Big physical sides like that we will struggle against I feel. Them getting a player sent off ensured it was a draw in my opinion. 

No they'll probably be mid-table like us.

Personally would have taken 7 points at this point before the start of the season. Disappointing not to break down 10 men but it's not like they had 10 men for the majority of the game. Were always gonna sit deep at that point.

Take the point, third clean sheet in a row, unbeaten in three. Better than the end of last season that's for sure.

• Like 5

Difficult game in difficult conditions.  Cardiff snuffed out Dolan and Brereton and stopped the threat down the wing.  Bell looked the best of the wide players - and in fairness did a decent job defensively.  We needed Armstrong to have taken the chance in the first half to get Cardiff to come out more.  Once they went down to ten they were happy to pack the final third.  Frustrating game and result but overall I'm pretty happy with the way we have started the season under Mowbray.  Once again, Williams looked the part in the centre of defence and Johnson always in control in the centre of the park.   

• Like 7

The real pleasure I took from that drab affair was seeing Tomlin sent off, a fat git who spends his time time trotting about making niggling little fouls and mouthing off at all and sundry. On the downside it made the oversized and quite physical Cardiff outfit even more defensive and difficult to breakdown. The ball seemed to be up in the air a lot!

Gallagher .... I actually don't like lambasting anyone in Blue and White so I'll leave that hanging. The positive is that he makes BB look like Pele.

We play decent possession football but our lack of creativity and some atrocious shooting and plain finishing cost us today.

Our Keeper looks the part and Ayala had a decent debut.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Brereton and Dolan hadn’t looked like making much happen. Neither did Gallagher but it was worth trying something.

Frustrating but a fair score line. Can’t win them all by 4 goals and Cardiff spent the last 25 minutes camped in their own penalty area. Don’t think anyone did particularly badly and not sure what else the manager could have done. Take the point and move on.

Can't see why any of us think it was worth the gamble to bring Gallacher on, this works possibly once a season, if that. 

We would have had an equal chance of scoring if we had brought a defender on. 

Brereton & Gally will score 7 or 8 goals between them this season, so unfortunately we can't say that it's not Rothwell's job to score because all our other players need to score 5 or 10 goals each to compensate. 

What will happen is that they will all score the same as Gally & Ben, which makes it more challenging to win enough games to squeak into 6th.

If only the management team could see this....

Still optimistic for a mid table season. 

Edited by garnersfags

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Hmmm ..take the result without the previous drubbings we ve handed out  ..and a draw ..with a clean sheet ..against a side that many on here said would be a major test . isnt that bad...

Sorry Howie, I stayed up till 2am to watch this. I deserved more!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Brereton and Dolan hadn’t looked like making much happen. Neither did Gallagher but it was worth trying something.

Frustrating but a fair score line. Can’t win them all by 4 goals and Cardiff spent the last 25 minutes camped in their own penalty area. Don’t think anyone did particularly badly and not sure what else the manager could have done. Take the point and move on.

I agree in the main. I edited this to say one and I meant the Dolan Gallagher sub. Dolan has some Ruben Rochina qualities, he makes mistakes but at the end of the day he could do something that wins the game. Just how Dack or Rhodes could do. Gallagher is useless even as a bruiser he’s terrible 

Just now, tonyoz said:

Sorry Howie, I stayed up till 2am to watch this. I deserved more!

Tony ..i salute you  .i do ..ive a cousin in Adelaide ..so well aware of the time differences and how you ve put yourself out .Ace being a Bloooo but ..id take a point .

Just now, unleaded said:

How can Gallagher walk back into the team with one weeks training and no warm up games .. Hes not that good ... Mowbray just playing him for the sake of it and he’s learnt nothing about playing him on the wing .....

To be honest, i don't think we have any other attacking options from the bench. Davenport, Bennett were the others on the bench. As many said, we were missing a Dack in this game. Bad day in the office for the attacking players. Not sure if we need just another striker on loan, think we are lucky if Brereton and Gallagher can give us 5 goals together all season.

• Like 1

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

First half I was saying Rothwell needs to start shooting. He skips into space on the edge of the box and dithers.

Second half I was saying Rothwell needs to PRACTICE shooting.

Yes, Johnson needs to give him lessons.

42 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

15k a week but can't play in the rain? 

I wasn't talking about any specific player but our whole team and style. It needs revising for games like this as it relies on the ball being played accurately on the deck, and for the counter, on pace to break away from the opposition. Both are hampered by a bogged down pitch, as anyone who has played on one knows. Being paid a lot of money doesn't make your game impervious to weather.

• Like 1