BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Cardiff (H) - Saturday 3rd October 2020

They're a tough side upper end Championship club so always going to be a tough test although i do think TM has predictably drawn the horns in a bit again.  Chance falls to the right one and we nick it but we didn't blow it either so a fair point probably and big plus was the defense again.

Lets judge Nyambe on his defending that's what he's there for first and foremost we can't be pointing fingers at full backs not creating enough in games like this. Mowbray always asks too much of them in that respect, they are just second tier players not Brazilians.

Disappointed not to have won another game but only complaint is Gallagher you can bet your last quid he'll be starting out there again now. 

• Like 2

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

put your big donkey centre forward up front and hit it long to him if other things ar`nt working out,it`s called mixing the play up,what does tony do,he puts our donkey on the wing,sometimes i really wonder what the **** he`s doing,this centre forward as winger **** will never work,has never worked and furthermore has not got a chance of working,other than that at least we did`nt lose,last season we`de have found a way of getting beat,so i suppose we are improving

Yup think Tony got it wrong today, and sadly more options fries his brain too much. We tried with armstrong up top, the small nimble striker, it wasn’t getting us much success so why not go for the opposite and get gallagher up top with chapman and Dolan either side to swing balls in. Hey it might not work, but it’s something different which the fans would appreciate the through process. We all know gallagher on the wing doesn’t work 

• Like 4

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Yup think Tony got it wrong today, and sadly more options fries his brain too much. We tried with armstrong up top, the small nimble striker, it wasn’t getting us much success so why not go for the opposite and get gallagher up top with chapman and Dolan either side to swing balls in. Hey it might not work, but it’s something different which the fans would appreciate the through process. We all know gallagher on the wing doesn’t work 

it`s basic common sense,thats what annoys me,we ended up completely one dimensional and the cardiff defence had an easy time,we are better away from home playing tony`s current favoured set up

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Preben said:

We've thrashed two very poor teams, something we previously haven't done often.

We've played two decent teams and have a return of just one point.

The most worrying aspect for me was Gallagher playing wide, or playing at all.

You mean the poor Derby team that won away at Norwich today?

• Like 5

Cardiff are a good side, they’ll be challenging for 6th this season based on today alone. The weather didn’t help us and benefitted them. Dolan is going to need to get used to being clattered and still deliver for us if he’s to stay in the team, the element of surprise has been lost. 0-0 isn’t a bad result all things considered, into the international break in 6th place. Dack would have made a difference today, I would like us to have the 4-2-3-1 option available to us. 

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

Cardiff are a good side, they’ll be challenging for 6th this season based on today alone. The weather didn’t help us and benefitted them. Dolan is going to need to get used to being clattered and still deliver for us if he’s to stay in the team, the element of surprise has been lost. 0-0 isn’t a bad result all things considered, into the international break in 6th place. Dack would have made a difference today, I would like us to have the 4-2-3-1 option available to us. 

Voice of reason ..

• Like 1

It’s been a great start to the season, we look a much better side than last, all across the park, with very little tinkering. 

I said give the manager 10 games to prove we’re making progress, so far he’s getting a B+, and long may it continue.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

I'm not going to be down about a draw on the back of two great wins. I thought we played ok. I will just give 1 positive and 1 negative.

On the positive side, I've thought clean sheets against Derby and Wycombe were due to their ineptitude going forward. However another clean sheet today against a side who are always going to be decent in this league gives hope we may have improved defensively somehow. 

Worryingly, Gallagher was only noticeable for missing a decent chance when he came on, and then two silly, petulant challenges which led to him getting booked. Our striking options after Arma are limited.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Preben said:

We've thrashed two very poor teams, something we previously haven't done often.

We've played two decent teams and have a return of just one point.

The most worrying aspect for me was Gallagher playing wide, or playing at all.

One team just beat Norwich away.

3 minutes ago, Preben said:

Yawn.

Not playing as they did against us.

You said they were one of 2 poor teams period. No mention of anyone having an off day.

Using a similar argument to your own: perhaps we had an off day today similar to Derby last week.

Don't yawn, think about it. Just saying.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, garnersfags said:

Very happy that our stellar goal difference means that we'll go into the next round of games in 6th place. 

Unless Birmingham and/or Brentford win tomorrow - in which case we’ll be 7th or 8th.

The most important bit about the game today for me was the clean sheet. When was the last time we had three in a row?

Decent Point today and I won't be disappointed by that either. Tough test against a well organised team under Harris. Harris had a defensive plan against us and they stop us from playing. 

Harris make sure that Dolan, Armstrong, Brereton, Rothwell and Holtby couldn't influence the game last previous games. Dolan will learn more from today's performance and how they double up on him then previous games. Buckley came and make things happened so good signs there and I think there is plenty to come from this hugely talent player

Rothwell tried to make things happen and for me our best attacking player today. Armstrong and Gallagher should have scored today but it wasn't to be. 

One huge positive is a third clean sheet in a row. Kaminski is looking like a good signing judging on the 5 games he has played in. Ayala organised the defence and very vocal. Good signs going forward. 

7 points from 4 games is a good start from Rovers. Onwards and upwards. Just a shame its the boring international games now. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, only2garners said:

Unless Birmingham and/or Brentford win tomorrow - in which case we’ll be 7th or 8th.

The most important bit about the game today for me was the clean sheet. When was the last time we had three in a row?

Brentford can't go ahead of us even with a win unless they win by 7

Genuinely believe Cardiff were there for the taking today. We lacked that bit of quality in the final third. If Dack had of been playing I think we would have won that game. 

Plenty of positives as well. Bell was good. Del was good again, ayala impressive and the keeper looks a bargain signing. 

Not the end of the world. On to the next one. #rovers

Trying to be realistic in a difficult unpredictable league 0-0 against a decent Cardiff team after the start we’ve had is a decent result. Against ten men it’s slightly disappointing but it is what it is. Hopefully we can carry on after the Break with a few first teamers nearer to fitness And improve the way we hope. I’m quite a negative poster due to the last ten years but from what I’ve seen over the years we would have lost one nil today and been throwing the hard luck lines out. As it is we are in the top six and have played reasonably well overall and exceptional at times so I’m going to try and keep the positivity going. I do keep my cautious head as I know we are only a draw and defeat away from a horrendous run or equally a surprising run of results but that’s the league we’re in . 

i thought rothwell played really well today until the final third where he’s final ball or shot were poor but I believe he will score goals if Tony keeps faith in him. The midfielde three look good together with holtby as the anchor but I would like to see Buckley really break into the first 11 and make the difference in games like today where defences need unlocking .  I like the look of the new keeper. Plays it safe rather than gambles and his kicking is decent . Brereton is a strange one as I had completely wrote the guy off  yet somehow this season I watch him and think there could be a player in there without him actually proving There is. Gallagher needs some slack imo. He’s a striker. I said the same about Armstrong and never wrote him off when people wanted him dropping and Gallagher is nothing but a poor mans andy Carroll. Play him to his strengths or don’t play him at all.  Overall I’m more optimistic than I was at the start of the year but I’m sure it’s going to be much of the same win a few , get a few scalps, lose at home to some fodder draw a few and just miss out as usual, difference is I’m actually enjoying it this season unlike last which had me tearing my hair out And a third clean sheet is in a row is something to be proud of considering the worries we had defensively  

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

I dont think it is necessarily negative to be disapointed at todays result either.  A home game against a potential direct rival who went down to 10 men. An opportunity to get 2 extra points. As long as its reasonable, which it is, ie nothing saying that its a disaster because its still a point and a clean sheet.

I have mentioned before that I think sometimes our fans (and presumably fans of other clubs) underestimate our side or dont see it as an actual genuine top 6 contender compared to other clubs. It was like when we went 2 up against Brentford last season and then only drew yet the majority of posts were content ones. 

There are of course positives but especially with the circumstances regarding them going down to 10 men for me its hard to not see it as an opportunity missed.

• Like 3

I didn’t see the game today. Before hand I thought we would win.

What we have to remember is come May we will have lots of draws on the board, so a draw here, against Cardiff, isn’t the worst result in grand scheme of things. 

We been scoring for fun so goals don’t worry me, and it’s another clean sheet which I’m happy to get.

Wont win them all, on to next.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I dont think it is necessarily negative to be disapointed at todays result either.  A home game against a potential direct rival who went down to 10 men. An opportunity to get 2 extra points. As long as its reasonable, which it is, ie nothing saying that its a disaster because its still a point and a clean sheet.

I have mentioned before that I think sometimes our fans (and presumably fans of other clubs) underestimate our side or dont see it as an actual genuine top 6 contender compared to other clubs. It was like when we went 2 up against Brentford last season and then only drew yet the majority of posts were content ones. 

There are of course positives but especially with the circumstances regarding them going down to 10 men for me its hard to not see it as an opportunity missed.

If Sam Gallagher doesn't miss from 2 yards out we would have had 3 points.

The conditions were also terrible today and in seasons gone past we would have got beat. 

It's been a decent start to the season we would have taken 7 points from the last 3 games,2 points per game should be the target and we are just off it,a mixture of poor conditions,their tactics and not being clinical when our chances came about meant we only came away with a point but I do believe it's the sort of game we would have lost last season.

A frustrating afternoon for sure but not the worst result. a lot of possession without an end product. 

I have to say that Buckley really impressed me when he came on. Some of his passing was superb and he just looks so comfortable on the ball. He is going to be a real asset in my opinion. 

• Like 3

Just now, islander200 said:

If Sam Gallagher doesn't miss from 2 yards out we would have had 3 points.

The conditions were also terrible today and in seasons gone past we would have got beat. 

It's been a decent start to the season we would have taken 7 points from the last 3 games,2 points per game should be the target and we are just off it,a mixture of poor conditions,their tactics and not being clinical when our chances came about meant we only came away with a point but I do believe it's the sort of game we would have lost last season.

Im not sure we would. But I dont think that I am being negative personally about being disapointed about not capitalising on our opposition having 10 men and getting the win. Nor does it mean that I think its a disaster or that we dont have aspects of the team to be happy about.

Ultimately their tactics arent unique and I fear that we may have issues at time breaking teams down.

7 points is a decent start, 9 would have been a good or even a very good start.