BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Cardiff (H) - Saturday 3rd October 2020

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree we need plan B but with Gallagher not being fit until recently and smaller pre-season I guess most of the work has been on the 4-3-3 formation so far, with 2 weeks gap hopefully we've got now we can work on a plan B. 

Come on Chaddy it's not rocket science, put the big man (Gallagher) through the middle and get the ball up to him. Instead we stick him out wide, whilst at the same time bringing on Buckley to carry on trying to score through playing tippy tappy football which we never looked like doing the whole game.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Come on Chaddy it's not rocket science, put the big man (Gallagher) through the middle and get the ball up to him. Instead we stick him out wide, whilst at the same time bringing on Buckley to carry on trying to score through playing tippy tappy football which we never looked like doing the whole game.

Yes, and we all have great memories of classic goals scored by our own team storming down the flanks and crossing to the battering ram in the middle. It is so out of vogue these days, it is almost worth reverting to it as a retro game plan, especially as we clearly have the resources to do this now.

There are some great examples in here...

How much would the SAS be worth in today's money????? :) Eee them were' t days!

Edited by WIR Second Coming
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, USABlue said:

Anyone else notice how after distributing the ball really well in the first few games he suddenly started to kick out wide, couple times straight into touch.  (Walton & Rayaesque) Has he been told to do this?  Is he being prepped to support ToMo's genius tactic of a 6ft striker on the wing?  Had to wonder.  Nyambe off today but who can blame the lad, dropped for no reason (although can't.argue with the results) the lad must have had about enough now.  I am sure it is in his head that no matter how well he plays he get's dropped so why bother bustin his arse.  I think he runs down his contract and starts playin a blinder toward the end of it, then he's off.  Piss poor man management/motivation by Mowbray, he has form for it.

Williams did the same twice as well in the first half also. Noticed both of them cut it out from about midway in the first half. I put it down to weather/pitch conditions.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

To be honest I think going direct would just straight into Cardiff's centre backs strengths to be honest. 

He played the right side of a 3 man forward line. I wouldn't move Armstrong from that centre role during that game. 

We created some chances like Armstrong and Gallagher chances. 

Buckley made a positive impact when he came on. Getting better game by game, 

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

How exactly?

Got on the ball and tried to make things happen .Every game he is showing improvement and trying to get more involved.

You wanted to send him to the conference If I'm not mistaken? Buckley has a big future and will be a premier League player imo

A chance was put on a plate for Gallagher, he should have put that in the back of the net and if he does we win the game 

Edited by islander200

Just now, islander200 said:

Got on the ball and tried to make things happen .Every game he is showing improvement and trying to get more involved.

You wanted to send him to the conference If I'm not mistaken? Buckley has a big future and will be a premier League player imo

And I still would, a massively overrated player by many on here. In a couple of years he will be playing League 1 at best. His contribution yesterday was side ways and backwards passing under no pressure as the Cardiff backline was happy to sit in and watch him do it as they knew he wasn't going to hurt them.

And I still would, a massively overrated player by many on here. In a couple of years he will be playing League 1 at best. His contribution yesterday was side ways and backwards passing under no pressure as the Cardiff backline was happy to sit in and watch him do it as they knew he wasn't going to hurt them.

He played a lovely ball to the back post that both Gallagher and Nyambe got in a muddle over and played another couple of very nice forward passes.

I think you are completely wrong with Buckley and if you can't see the potential he has then I'd question if you know much about the game.

Guarantee he  will not play the majority of his career at league one level.

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Putting crosses in isn't alehouse, it's how we won the Prem!  Sadly wingers who get to the by-line are no longer part of the game. 

There's a reason why crossing the ball has gone out of fashion. It's seen as something of a lottery and therefore wasteful by the " Keep Ball " lovers of possession based football.

What I meant by alehouse football was the long ball down the middle type tactics. They have their place if you have the players to exploit it.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

13 minutes ago, islander200 said:

A chance was put on a plate for Gallagher, he should have put that in the back of the net and if he does we win the game 

I think he has a big future also. Especially in todays football were the ability to pass the ball accurately is becoming all important.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I think you are completely wrong with Buckley and if you can't see the potential he has then I'd question if you know much about the game.

No need to get personal with me.

The only times that Buckley has really looked the part was at Charlton last year and they ended up in League 1. And when he came on at 4-0 up against the side who finished 9th in League 1 last season and who were down to 10 men.

No need to get personal with me.

The only times that Buckley has really looked the part was at Charlton last year and they ended up in League 1. And when he came on at 4-0 up against the side who finished 9th in League 1 last season and who were down to 10 men.

I'm not getting personal with you sorry if it appeared that way,I just think you are completely wrong with your opinion of Buckley.

For me his class is evident and I believe he will be a top player.I don't agree with your opinion that he should be sent to the conference to "toughen up" getting kicked up and down the field would do nothing to aid the development of a player of Buckley's type.

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I'm not getting personal with you sorry if it appeared that way,I just think you are completely wrong with your opinion of Buckley.

For me his class is evident and I believe he will be a top player.I don't agree with your opinion that he should be sent to the conference to "toughen up" getting kicked up and down the field would do nothing to aid the development of a player of Buckley's type.

Don't agree. He's a typucal academy player.  Passes it safe, never ever dribbles past defenders, doesnt make late runs off the forwards.  Just safe.  I hope something clicks but look at Dolan 2 years younger....

Theres a couple more at PNE twice the player Buckley is and will be. And they are younger.

Was around 12 months ago that I first heard from a member of the Rovers youth set up that Buckley is the jewel in the crown that is our academy. That accolade seems even more impressive considering they were including those from our academy who are already involved (Nyambe, Trav, Lenihan).

At the time I hadn’t even seen Buckley play and then only saw a couple of cameos last season which didn’t blow me away. Then I saw the Everton and Leicester scouts are the games pre Christmas and wondered who they were watching. Both claimed to be there for Buckley. There was a lot of talk buzzing around the lounge that day that if Bucko had a run in the team then there may be a bid in Jan. There was even a suggestion that Rovers had said they wouldn’t accept anything other than 8 figures. Apparently those two and another PL team had been tracking him for a while.

Since this time I’ve followed him more closely and he is just SO highly regarded by everyone I speak to. Ability, mentality, work rate, personality...they’re adamant that if any of the lads are going to make it BIG it’s him. I’ve seen a change in him too but one things for sure, if / when he starts effecting games for the first team like he does for the 23’s we are going to have one, if not the best player in the league. Hope so!!

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Don't agree. He's a typucal academy player.  Passes it safe, never ever dribbles past defenders, doesnt make late runs off the forwards.  Just safe.  I hope something clicks but look at Dolan 2 years younger....

Theres a couple more at PNE twice the player Buckley is and will be. And they are younger.

He isn't just safe he makes forward passes.I don't care if it was against Wycombe in 22 minutes he created 5 chances.

Yesterday he played a lovely ball into the back post only for Gallagher and Nyambe to make a muddle of it.

He is the main man for Rovers in the under 23s.Mols who you rave about was on the bench for the under 23 other on Friday despite Buckley and Davenport not being involved

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

You are allowed to play 2 strikers.

Yes you could if you want too Ewood 

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Totally crazy when he is good enough for the Championship already and deffo need any spell at league 1 or Conference level. 

Just now, islander200 said:

He isn't just safe he makes forward passes.I don't care if it was against Wycombe in 22 minutes he created 5 chances.

Yesterday he played a lovely ball into the back post only for Gallagher and Nyambe to make a muddle of it.

He is the main man for Rovers in the under 23s.Mols who you rave about was on the bench for the under 23 other on Friday despite Buckley and Davenport not being involved

Mols is 22 years old and never made a Rovers 1st team league match day squad, so he isn't good enough. Time to cut our losses with him. Ive seen him play and not been over impress by him. Also he never gone on loan so clearly scouts haven't either.