BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Cardiff (H) - Saturday 3rd October 2020

5 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Cardiff fans not looking forward to this one. On their boards, 60% of them are predicting a win for us. They are actually very complimentary of how we are playing - some reckon we were the best team to play at their place last season too. 

https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=217488

The Rovers thread on their forum if anyone wants to have a nosey what they re thinking.( im presuming same one JacknOry)

• Like 1

How’s Cardiff done in there opening games . We all no being a rover your head makes predictions of 0-0 and 1-0 Cardiff after such highs of recent weeks but I believe we will continue in our impressive form and win, albeit not as comfortable as the last two games. Just hope this isn’t the crashing back down to earth moment we’re all so accustomed to COYB

Edited by Oldgregg86

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:

https://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=217488

The Rovers thread on their forum if anyone wants to have a nosey what they re thinking.( im presuming same one JacknOry)

Yup, and this one.

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?445902-My-18-versus-Blackburn-if-no-one-signs-for-us-in-the-meantime-and-are-all-fit-to-play

image.png.f334d7213291653a1d95ac895bddcc77.png

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 2

A game we should be looking to win. I have no snobbery towards Cardiff's style at all, a very effective and well managed side with Moore a big threat up front and plenty of width.

For all the hype regarding the 2 wins, a loss and our start is the same as last year, underwhelming. A win which is a reasonable expectation and it puts a marker down.

48 minutes ago, philipl said:

All I know is I am going to be seriously nervous as kick-off approaches.

Rovers are masters at giving us two week downers across international breaks.

I think it is in a Rovers fans DNA to fear the worst. What gives me hope - we have won 3, lost 2 in all competitions - but in the two we lost we actually played well. Confidence is a huge thing in football - years ago under Kendall confidence and momentum nearly got us promoted in successive seasons. Let's hope we have the start of the same momentum.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I think it is in a Rovers fans DNA to fear the worst. What gives me hope - we have won 3, lost 2 in all competitions - but in the two we lost we actually played well. Confidence is a huge thing in football - years ago under Kendall confidence and momentum nearly got us promoted in successive seasons. Let's hope we have the start of the same momentum.

if you watch the AA podcast in his thread, he mentioned that despite losing against Bournemouth, it still gave them confidence as if they could mix it with one of the preseason favourites just relegated from the PL, it meant that they shouldn't be afraid of anyone else. We played well, Bournemouth played well and were lucky to snatch it - could have gone either way. 

Certainly helped to play Wycombe as early as we did and catching Derby in a terrible run too. A set of fixtures that we feared are not looking all that bad now. 

• Like 1

It’s refreshing to see so much optimism about the Rovers on this thread, I don’t believe I have seen things this positive since I started looking at this board four or five years ago. 

However beaten up the squad have been, they’ve answered all questions the last two games. The midfield has been outstanding, and Bell & Williams haven’t looked this good since League 1 days. Kaminski has been just what the doctor ordered. 

I do not want to quash the enthusiasm, and normally I’m crapping sunshine. I guess I’m the voice of cautious optimism here, looking for Rovers to concede early, and fight like crazy to get a point. If so, my hopes for the rest of the season rise with each game, and each returnee as he becomes fit.

Yes, I will gladly take my plate of crow afterwards, chicken-fried and with cream gravy, please (what else for a Southerner?!)  

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I am absolutely frothing at the mouth for this game.

To be honest I won't be that upset if we lose as long as we keep playing the same ultra aggressive way.

I dont really get that, all about results and staying within the top 6. Being aggressive is the best way to do that I agree but a win and then 9 poins from 4 puts a marker down, 6 from 4 is bang average.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont really get that, all about results and staying within the top 6. Being aggressive is the best way to do that I agree but a win and then 9 poins from 4 puts a marker down, 6 from 4 is bang average.

I guess my point is to stick with and trust the system, as opposed to get spooked if we get a few poor results.

• Like 3

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree. Some days you batter teams,the ball just won't run for you, and you lose. Remember the Crewe game anybody.

I remember it well! Jason Kearton with the most incredible goal keeping performance I've ever seen. We could have played all night and not scored. Was it Cramb who got the winner for them?

• Like 1

Either way before the season started if you had looked at our opening 4 fixtures I think most people would of been happy to get 6 points on the board from them. Especially when you consider our injury list. So a loss here certainly isn’t a disaster, however it’s near impossible not to feel optimistic for this one, and if we continue to play as we have I can’t see past another 3 points. 

Same team apart from nymabe in for JRC and Gally taking the extra spot on the bench to give us an extra attacking option. 9 from 12 would set us up really nicely for the rest of the season with players like Ayala, Dack, Gally, Evans, hopefully a new left back and eventually Travis all to come back in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I remember it well! Jason Kearton with the most incredible goal keeping performance I've ever seen. We could have played all night and not scored. Was it Cramb who got the winner for them?

The only comparable goal keeping performance I can remember was that Polish goalkeeper in that England v Poland World Cup game in the seventies. He was diving the wrong way for shots and they were hitting his feet etc !

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The only comparable goal keeping performance I can remember was that Polish goalkeeper in that England v Poland World Cup game in the seventies. He was diving the wrong way for shots and they were hitting his feet etc !

I'm sure there is some poor quality footage of the Crewe game on Youtube and I've watched it back and wondered how he's kept half of the ones out that he did. A lot of luck involved as well.

A tough test this one as I expect Cardiff to be in and around the top 6 come the end of the season. 

A big game for Williams who despite starting the season well, doesn't fill me with confidence against a striker such as Moore. Hopefully he'll handle the physicality better than he did with the likes of Stockley and Jutkiewicz in games last season. Nyambe coming in at right back should be a bonus in a fixture like this.

Our midfield 3 looked fantastic last week and could win us the game here. A clever pass from Holtby or a driving run from Rothwell might be needed to open up a stubborn defence. Also looking forward to see how Dolan performs against a proven/experienced left back at this level in either Bennett or Cunningham.

Would be great to go into the international break with 3 wins on the bounce and then potentially bring in an extra body or two before the close of the window. COYB! 

• Like 1

So we came out of the match against Derby in good spirits, if we head into the international break with another win then I think we would have made a fantastic start to the season.  Cardiff are a tricky unit, and its been a while since we beat them at Ewood Park.  Confidence is high though, so hopefully we can maintain that vibe and come away smiling once again.  Not expecting much changes, maybe a cameo from Ayala from the bench??  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AJohnson said:

A tough test this one as I expect Cardiff to be in and around the top 6 come the end of the season. 

A big game for Williams who despite starting the season well, doesn't fill me with confidence against a striker such as Moore. Hopefully he'll handle the physicality better than he did with the likes of Stockley and Jutkiewicz in games last season. Nyambe coming in at right back should be a bonus in a fixture like this.

Our midfield 3 looked fantastic last week and could win us the game here. A clever pass from Holtby or a driving run from Rothwell might be needed to open up a stubborn defence. Also looking forward to see how Dolan performs against a proven/experienced left back at this level in either Bennett or Cunningham.

Would be great to go into the international break with 3 wins on the bounce and then potentially bring in an extra body or two before the close of the window. COYB! 

Defending against specific opposition threats should be a team game. The rest of the team need to be on their toes preventing Moore getting any sort of service.