BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Cardiff (H) - Saturday 3rd October 2020

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Crunch couple of games coming up starting with Cardiff tomorrow: win them both and it really throws down a marker, lose them and we're back to square one.

If we play as we have to date, I think Cardiff will struggle to contain us on what is bound to be a greasy pitch. 

I haven't looked forward to a game as much in ages, shame we can't be on Ewood. It's the way that we have played and the overall performances for 90 minutes, rather than just the results, that I'm most pleased with.

COYB!

Real banana skin this one. I remember the times last season where we strung a couple of results together only for the wheels to come off. Our only consistency has been our inconsistency and I'm not holding my breath for the Cardiff game!

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Out of contract in June, be interesting to see if he even gets offered a new deal, as opinions on his actual ability aside, we just don’t get the games out of a player who you imagine is one of our top earners.

If he was fit enough hed be worth it but I would let him go and bring a young lad through.

Reckon he will miraculously string together 10 good games at the end of the season though, just in time to change everyone's mind.

• Like 4

Got a 'big game' feeling about this. I'm definitely expecting us to be tested alot more than we did in our last 2 games, but absolutely no reason why we can't win this. With the injuries we have you would imagine that the team almost picks itself,nyambe coming in for JRC is all I expect to see. 

*I've just noticed that someone is selling the new home shirt for £21.99 on ebay and seems to have loads of stock *

Not sure how that's possible but it's certainly better than paying £50 for it ?

3-1 rovers. BB, Arma x 2

Edited by Roverinbelfast

23 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah - I can easily see us losing this one to be honest. They are well equipped for our weaknesses.

I expect them to sit back and ping it straight over our midfield onto Moore's bonce. Huge game for the back four and keeper.

Lenihan needs to clean Moore out early and then physically dominated him. And Dolan and Brereton need to pin their wide players back on the defensive. 

If I was Harris I would be tempted to go 442 and put someone like Hoilett up front to get the knock-downs. Not how they usually play though.

I'd play Hoilett up against Bell.

13 hours ago, den9112 said:

I believe you  can , I did try last Saturday but failed on the 3 payment methods for some reason, however last night I tried for this Saturday and it let me pay for a video pass, all I got was a conformation email and a purchase id number ...Not sure how it works on the day as it does not come live until one hour before the kick off..Last season I got a email with a code so I presume the purchase id is the code you put in..

Hi I am currently on holiday in Turkey, will I be able to watch Rovers on ifollow as usual or is that only possible in the UK?

Just now, philipl said:

I'd be very tempted to get Ayala in to counter Moore but who would you drop out of Williams and Lenihan?

I don’t see how Ayala can be fit enough already for a war with Moore. 

Just now, philipl said:

His 60 minutes against Leicester u-23s was more of a leisurely stroll than an intense match. Not his fault but Leicester really weren't any good.

U23 football is completely different, I suspect he will need at least another full 90 minutes and some behind closed doors games. I listened to the CounterAttack Adam Armstrong podcast this week - he said it’s around 50% of the pace of senior football and there’s never any pressure to win, it’s more important to ‘learn’.