BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Cardiff (H) - Saturday 3rd October 2020

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Defending against specific opposition threats should be a team game. The rest of the team need to be on their toes preventing Moore getting any sort of service.

Couldn't agree more however it's inevitable a centre half is going to have deal with a big physical centre forward in an individual battle at some stage during 90 minutes. 

• Like 1

All their goals this season have come via set pieces. They are quite a big team whereas we are generally quite small apart from a few. if Ayala was anywhere fit i would have him in just to head things away. 

Either that or we just play them off the park and dont give them many set piece opportunities. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

All their goals this season have come via set pieces. They are quite a big team whereas we are generally quite small apart from a few. if Ayala was anywhere fit i would have him in just to head things away. 

Either that or we just play them off the park and dont give them many set piece opportunities. 

Yeah - I can easily see us losing this one to be honest. They are well equipped for our weaknesses.

I expect them to sit back and ping it straight over our midfield onto Moore's bonce. Huge game for the back four and keeper.

Lenihan needs to clean Moore out early and then physically dominated him. And Dolan and Brereton need to pin their wide players back on the defensive. 

If I was Harris I would be tempted to go 442 and put someone like Hoilett up front to get the knock-downs. Not how they usually play though.

Edited by joey_big_nose

4 hours ago, AJohnson said:

... Also looking forward to see how Dolan performs against a proven/experienced left back at this level in either Bennett or Cunningham.

... COYB! 

We've not off-loaded him, have we, AJ?!? And to the team we're playing on Saturday, too!

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I was reading earlier on a Cardiff board and thought the same! also said Cunningham could play as a CB.

Yeah I saw that - they have an ACTUAL LB called Bennett who generally keeps Cunningham out of the side. Perhaps we could switch Bennett's and hope they do not notice. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, AJohnson said:

??? I'd be backing us to hit six this week if we managed that!

The way things tend to work, if he was playing for them he would play a blinder and score.

Didn't Cardiff's Bennett score against us last season or the one before or am I making that up? I'm sure I remember thinking we own a Bennett, but more goals have been scored against us than for us by a Bennett. Much like there was a game where we didn't even have the best goalkeeper named Walton on the pitch.

Going to be an interesting game. Two VERY different styles of play. Our defence will face a big physical battle and lots of high balls into the box. I’m not sure we’re well equipped for that.

On the other hand, their big, strong defence will be very fearful of the terror that the likes of AA, TD & BB could rain down on them.

The battle could be won By either team in stopping the supply into the forward lines.

Rovers 3-1 for me. Confidence high and Cardiff unable to deal with our midfield passes into a mobile and youthful forward line.

Only change - Nyambe in for the injured JRC. Which also provides us with more physicality to nullify their threats.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Can this game be watched on iplayer as a one off or not? 

I believe you  can , I did try last Saturday but failed on the 3 payment methods for some reason, however last night I tried for this Saturday and it let me pay for a video pass, all I got was a conformation email and a purchase id number ...Not sure how it works on the day as it does not come live until one hour before the kick off..Last season I got a email with a code so I presume the purchase id is the code you put in..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, den9112 said:

I believe you  can , I did try last Saturday but failed on the 3 payment methods for some reason, however last night I tried for this Saturday and it let me pay for a video pass, all I got was a conformation email and a purchase id number ...Not sure how it works on the day as it does not come live until one hour before the kick off..Last season I got a email with a code so I presume the purchase id is the code you put in..

Thanks was this via the ifollow app or the rovers website, I usually use the rovers website but can't find on there 

51 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Thanks was this via the ifollow app or the rovers website, I usually use the rovers website but can't find on there 

I used the Rovers website ,logged in to my I follow account and followed the steps..As said i had a season ticket and yo got a email with a code in so not sure how this version works ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Try this link mate https://www.rovers.co.uk/my-account/?register=true&sku=efl_9OYwVshF1NvVtU6XDrdd_GBP&redirect=https://www.rovers.co.uk/matches/fixtures-results/first-team/202021/october/blackburn-rovers-vs-cardiff-city-on-03-oct-20/

• Like 1

Crunch couple of games coming up starting with Cardiff tomorrow: win them both and it really throws down a marker, lose them and we're back to square one.

If we play as we have to date, I think Cardiff will struggle to contain us on what is bound to be a greasy pitch. 

I haven't looked forward to a game as much in ages, shame we can't be on Ewood. It's the way that we have played and the overall performances for 90 minutes, rather than just the results, that I'm most pleased with.

COYB!

• Like 1