BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Shots on target

Apologies for the vagueness but does anyone else remember a match a number of years back now against Sheffield United where, with John Ruddy in goal (I'm sure it was him!), we had about 20 or 30 shots on target and he was just unbeatable on that day? I was trying to find footage recently but I wasn't sure I had my facts remembered correctly for the search and then I wasn't sure I'd even remembered correctly at all... :-).  But if I do remember it, it really was something extraordinary.  We absolutely peppered the goal and could easily have won 6,7,8 nil.  Maybe even into double figures!!   

2 hours ago, RoversSA said:

Apologies for the vagueness but does anyone else remember a match a number of years back now against Sheffield United where, with John Ruddy in goal (I'm sure it was him!), we had about 20 or 30 shots on target and he was just unbeatable on that day? I was trying to find footage recently but I wasn't sure I had my facts remembered correctly for the search and then I wasn't sure I'd even remembered correctly at all... :-).  But if I do remember it, it really was something extraordinary.  We absolutely peppered the goal and could easily have won 6,7,8 nil.  Maybe even into double figures!!   

We played Crewe around 1999 I think and Jason Kearton gave arguably the best ever goalkeeping display I have seen. He was simply unbeatable and without him it would have been a massacre. Perhaps it's that game you are thinking of. From memory it was a Sunday game and live on Sky.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, arbitro said:

We played Crewe around 1999 I think and Jason Kearton gave arguably the best ever goalkeeping display I have seen. He was simply unbeatable and without him it would have been a massacre. Perhaps it's that game you are thinking of. From memory it was a Sunday game and live on Sky.

Rovers had over 30 shots and scored 0. Crewe had 1 shot and scored once.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RoversSA said:

Appreciate the comments others have made regarding the Crewe game, however, if it is a Sheff Utd game you are referring to, would it have been Paddy Kenny in goal for them. Can't say I remember any such game tbh, although I stand to be corrected.

2 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Appreciate the comments others have made regarding the Crewe game, however, if it is a Sheff Utd game you are referring to, would it have been Paddy Kenny in goal for them. Can't say I remember any such game tbh, although I stand to be corrected.

Kenny had that ability to stop everything thrown at him. 

There is only a game on 9 September 2006 at Bramall Lane which ended 0-0 in which Kenny achieved a shut out against us.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can't honestly recall another game were we were so much on top in a game that we lost. It was ridiculous.

The ultimate championship manager match that one. 

Found some (awful) highlights: https://crewe.vitalfootball.co.uk/blackburn-0-1-crewe/

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!