BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Football Manager

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Ben Brereton 16 goals?!

Sam Gallagher 12 goals?!

Always knew that game was unrealistic but jeez.

Hmm. Not sure.

Scored well over 100 goals in a season but still can only finish 6th.

Defence typically awful as usual.

18 minutes ago, frosty said:

Phil Foden on loan wouldn’t be bad either ? Travis must have been playing as a ball winning midfielder with hard tackling to rack up that amount of cards? 

Android version so no option for indvidual instructions but team instructions are standard.

Was worried in the playoff final when he got booked after 20 mins and was still on the field in extra time! Didnt get sent off once all season! 

14 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Ben Brereton 16 goals?!

Sam Gallagher 12 goals?!

Always knew that game was unrealistic but jeez.

On my version, same edition as him I think (FM 20, it was available for free a few weeks ago, first one I've played since FM 11), I just sold Ben Brereton for 11 million to Everton after he notched a mighty 2 goals in 4 starts and 10 sub appearances.

Sam Gallagher, on the other hand, has 17 goals. It's February 2020....

In fairness I've no idea why he has so many. It's not like the game has given him amazing stats. Finishing, technique, composure and long shots, all at 11 out of 20. Heading at 12. Those are the key goalscoring stats. Not blisteringly quick or super strong either. Best attributes are teamwork, work rate and jumping reach. I have theoretically better strikers who perform worse. I did, however, play him in the middle up front........

I'm currently sat in 5th place, 13 points clear of 7th, but 9 away from 2nd. The playoffs await me too.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Prelude said:

First thing I did was cancel Walton's loan, bring in a better keeper and sign Dolan for 180k! 

Just seen you're on android version so stats could differ, but Dolan is meh on mine with bog standard potential. I've kept Walton and tbh he has been fine. I was going to bring a better goalie in for the Jan window, but my budget got squeezed by me buying a fuckton of promising youngsters to loan out then turn over for a profit, my usual tactic.

The first thing I did was snap up Martin Olsson on a free and he has been fab. Although Bell has actually played very well in the midweek games when I usually rotate nearly the whole team.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

On my version, same edition as him I think (FM 20, it was available for free a few weeks ago, first one I've played since FM 11), I just sold Ben Brereton for 11 million to Everton after he notched a mighty 2 goals in 4 starts and 10 sub appearances.

Sam Gallagher, on the other hand, has 17 goals. It's February 2020....

In fairness I've no idea why he has so many. It's not like the game has given him amazing stats. Finishing, technique, composure and long shots, all at 11 out of 20. Heading at 12. Those are the key goalscoring stats. Not blisteringly quick or super strong either. Best attributes are teamwork, work rate and jumping reach. I have theoretically better strikers who perform worse. I did, however, play him in the middle up front........

I'm currently sat in 5th place, 13 points clear of 7th, but 9 away from 2nd. The playoffs await me too.

You dropped a Raya selling Big Ben I am afraid.

Now worth 24 million, called up to the under 21's and scoring goals for fun...

Gallagher on the other hand not good enough for the Prem and will do well to get my money back for him in the transfer window. 

Screenshot_20201010-071837_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20201010-071901_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20201010-071741_FM20 Mobile.jpg

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Just seen you're on android version so stats could differ, but Dolan is meh on mine with bog standard potential. I've kept Walton and tbh he has been fine. I was going to bring a better goalie in for the Jan window, but my budget got squeezed by me buying a fuckton of promising youngsters to loan out then turn over for a profit, my usual tactic.

The first thing I did was snap up Martin Olsson on a free and he has been fab. Although Bell has actually played very well in the midweek games when I usually rotate nearly the whole team.

Yeah sadly Dolan not going to make it at prem level but at least I will make a nice profit on him. Will probably keep him until he is 21 to maximise profit. Good idea on Olsson but get Bell back in your side he is good in this game even in the prem and I like his stats although he seems to have peaked

Screenshot_20201010-071510_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20201010-073531_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20201010-073648_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20201010-073704_FM20 Mobile.jpg

7 hours ago, RoverKyle said:

Lucas Pratto is gold 

He is great in The Championship but since promotion I have recruited well and will only need him If I have an injury crisis. 

Jack Vale is rated the same as him with more potential and at 31 Pratto has peaked.

Screenshot_20201010-074136_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Edited by Prelude
Forgot to attach image

7 hours ago, RoverKyle said:

I don't have the stats behind the season as I'm 4 or 5 seasons deep now but it was a great promotion season.

Screenshot_20201010-001412_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20201010-001804_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Impressive! Spookily I also had the same keeper in the premiership but keep an eye out for our youth keeper Fisher! I am hesitant to throw him in the side being so young though! 

Screenshot_20201010-075352_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Managed to get Tosin on loan for a 2nd season!

Ryan Nyambe is a Rhino! So good and you will stuggle to find stats as high as his in the correct stats for the position! Not for sale at any price!

Travis is great as well.

Adam Armstrong has one player of the month in his first month in the Prem! And earnt him a call up to the England squad! Although didnt see any game time.

Jack Vale is banging on the door for game time as well! Been giving him some cameo appearances at the moment! 

Screenshot_20201010-074519_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20201010-074609_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20201010-074656_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20201010-074825_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20201010-074853_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20201010-075352_FM20 Mobile.jpg

1 hour ago, Prelude said:

He is great in The Championship but since promotion I have recruited well and will only need him If I have an injury crisis. 

Jack Vale is rated the same as him with more potential and at 31 Pratto has peaked.

Screenshot_20201010-074136_FM20 Mobile.jpg

I sign him on all my saves & you get two good seasons out of him before his stats & form drop off a cliff. Well worth picking up especially for a promotion push.

• Like 1

In my FM20 save I am managing in Croatia - Istra 1961. I picked up Dominic Samuel on a free after the first season when Rovers released him.

He was appalling. Got about four goals in a season in the Croatian first division, where the general standard of footballer is probably about league 2.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Prelude said:

You dropped a Raya selling Big Ben I am afraid.

Now worth 24 million, called up to the under 21's and scoring goals for fun...

Gallagher on the other hand not good enough for the Prem and will do well to get my money back for him in the transfer window. 

Screenshot_20201010-071837_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20201010-071901_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20201010-071741_FM20 Mobile.jpg

Nah no bollock dropped with Brereton. I considered it very carefully and I was reluctant to do it but it was the right call. It allowed me to do a lot of business, including buying freshly turned 18 year old Fran Lopez for 1.3 million. His CA is slightly better than Brereton's according to my staff, and his PA is similar. I also signed Rouwen Hennings who was top scorer in the Bundesliga, for 300k (!!), who should add more to my promotion push than BB was. It let me tie up a few other important bargain deals too. Unlike with the Raya scenario I more than adequately replaced him!

The players I snapped up with the dosh will go on to be worth far in excess of that 24 million. There was enough left over to get the board to upgrade the training facilities at senior and youth level. Plus I put a 25 percent of next sale clause in.

Like I said though there could also be some stat differences between the mobile version. And every game you start randomly changes PA a bit for all players. Ben was showing as a high potential player though, 4 to 5 star (my scouts are saying only 4 now though). And I dont like selling players before they're at or near their PA. So it was a carefully considered decision I was loathe to make, and someone else told me on their game BB never really hit his potential anyway.

On Olsson/Bell, I use both. Bell has surprised me with his performances, as he is basically just tons of pace and below average actual ability, but it works for him. He is second choice this season though, he normally rotates in for midweek games or when Olsson is injured. Made 12 apps by Feb, averaged 7.08, got himself a new deal. Naff all like the real Bell except for his stats are weighted about right (no clue why they think he is as fast as Arma though).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Nah no bollock dropped with Brereton. I considered it very carefully and I was reluctant to do it but it was the right call. It allowed me to do a lot of business, including buying freshly turned 18 year old Fran Lopez for 1.3 million. His CA is slightly better than Brereton's according to my staff, and his PA is similar. I also signed Rouwen Hennings who was top scorer in the Bundesliga, for 300k (!!), who should add more to my promotion push than BB was. It let me tie up a few other important bargain deals too. Unlike with the Raya scenario I more than adequately replaced him!

The players I snapped up with the dosh will go on to be worth far in excess of that 24 million. There was enough left over to get the board to upgrade the training facilities at senior and youth level. Plus I put a 25 percent of next sale clause in.

Like I said though there could also be some stat differences between the mobile version. And every game you start randomly changes PA a bit for all players. Ben was showing as a high potential player though, 4 to 5 star (my scouts are saying only 4 now though). And I dont like selling players before they're at or near their PA. So it was a carefully considered decision I was loathe to make, and someone else told me on their game BB never really hit his potential anyway.

On Olsson/Bell, I use both. Bell has surprised me with his performances, as he is basically just tons of pace and below average actual ability, but it works for him. He is second choice this season though, he normally rotates in for midweek games or when Olsson is injured. Made 12 apps by Feb, averaged 7.08, got himself a new deal. Naff all like the real Bell except for his stats are weighted about right (no clue why they think he is as fast as Arma though).

Update and I am shocked by this but Bell is now backup to Sam Hart! Rated more by my staff! Only played 5 games so far but playing really well and bonus he takes a wicked corner kick! 

Anyone had any success with Buckley and JRC? 

9 hours ago, Prelude said:

A couple of FMs ago, think it was FM 18, JRC turned out a good player - well, his stats weren’t amazing (not really anything above 14 or 15 apart from maybe the odd physical or mental attribute) but he performed well at Championship level, got a few goals and eventually I sold him to West Ham for about £15m a few seasons in. He didn’t play much there though.

Haven’t played as Rovers on FM since then but probably will do on FM 21. Hopefully players like him and Buckley will have decent potential now they’ve properly broken in to the first team. Buckley should already have some decent attributes (passing, composure etc) to work with.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Prelude said:

Update and I am shocked by this but Bell is now backup to Sam Hart! Rated more by my staff! Only played 5 games so far but playing really well and bonus he takes a wicked corner kick! 

Sam Hart is going nowhere on mine! Probably be selling him for a few hundred k when the season ends. Left him on loan, and he has Championship potential at best it seems.

Buckley surprised me on several cameos as his performances outstripped his stats, so I kept giving him chances and now he has displaced Holtby in the first 11. Theoretically he shouldn't, I dunno what it is, much like with Gally. But when players are in form you have to run with it. Holtby has been disappointing, he should be top notch in this league. Maybe he is just worse in that particular role, but he wasn't much use in CAM either. But Buckley and Travis is my number one CM pairing now.

JRC was starting to be used as a sub for the flank attacking positions, and getting the occasional start with injuries and fatigue as he set off ok. Form started being quite average so I loaned him out when I signed a new guy from Barcelona youth, Jardi. I got New York Red Bulls to loan him, for 120k a month...til the end of their next season. 2.8 million total! Just for a loan. So yeh done alright off him. Hopefully he comes back better and I can sell him for a ton, his potential isn't too high though.

• Like 1