BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nottingham Forest Home

21 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I suspect differently but we'll see on Saturday. I hope he goes for it and they pile bodies forward, we're poor against defensive sides with actual structure.

It would be at odds to what most managers would do for their first game managing a side that has lost all 4 of its first games, especially an experienced one without the distraction of a demanding crowd.

As you say, lets hope they are playing with wreckless abandonment though, it might suit us. Although we will need to get over that weakness either way to make the top 6.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crimpshrine said:

Slightly worrying that our squad could be looking a little thin already.

Ayala - only one match under his belt

Nyambe - Not really a CB

JRC - very inexperienced

And with Bell at LB ? - Not ideal really. 

With Lenihan being injury prone and picking up bookings regularly, I think Del looks like a vital player this season - this doesn't reduce the worrying! 

It is worrying I would prefer to keep Nyambe on the right and Play Maglore in the centre but I think Maglore is injured. What other viable options do we have Carter? I would like to see either play but I think Tony will opt for experience.

• Like 2

If Lenihan and Williams are out I think Tyler Magloire showed himself to be the most able of our young defenders personally, would certainly provide pace alongside a much slower Daniel Ayala with one game under his belt.

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

If Lenihan and Williams are out I think Tyler Magloire showed himself to be the most able of our young defenders personally, would certainly provide pace alongside a much slower Daniel Ayala with one game under his belt.

No point putting Magloire in at this level until he is able to jump and head the ball. I don't understand why Carter and Magloire aren't out on loan they are well short of Championship level, one is nearly and the other is nearly 22 they should be out on loan playing and learning their trade.

7 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

No point putting Magloire in at this level until he is able to jump and head the ball. I don't understand why Carter and Magloire aren't out on loan they are well short of Championship level, one is nearly and the other is nearly 22 they should be out on loan playing and learning their trade.

So you'd prefer Nyambe at CB? I think if Lenihan and Williams are out then Magloire is the best option. Not personally a huge Scott Wharton fan and I think Ayala & Wharton would be a very static defence.

7 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

If Lenihan and Williams are out I’d play Wharton but i just know Tony will move nyambe central and play Bennett or JRC (preferably if he is to move nyambe central ) RB

Is there any indication Lenihan won't have recovered?

Just now, JoeH said:

So you'd prefer Nyambe at CB? I think if Lenihan and Williams are out then Magloire is the best option. Not personally a huge Scott Wharton fan and I think Ayala & Wharton would be a very static defence.

If Lenihan and Williams are out then Ayala and Wharton is the paring that I would go with. Wharton is much closer to being a Championship standard centre back than Magloire.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Williams isn't great in the air and he's got by so far.

Think Tyler's pace would work well alongside Ayala. 

29 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I know you love a Stat according to Football manager Ayala has pace as 9 and Maglore 19 so less than half the speed ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vilesinner said:

Williams isn't great in the air and he's got by so far.

Think Tyler's pace would work well alongside Ayala. 

I actually think that Williams is half decent in the air, at both ends of the pitch. Whenever I have seen Magloire play he appears to be unable to jump.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I actually think that Williams is half decent in the air, at both ends of the pitch. Whenever I have seen Magloire play he appears to be unable to jump.

Although Magloire did win 5 headers in the pre-season game you claimed he hadn’t won one ? I think a pairing of Magloire’s pace and power with the experience and aerial ability of Ayala would be more effective than two very slow Centre Backs in Ayala and Wharton

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Although Magloire did win 5 headers in the pre-season game you claimed he hadn’t won one ? I think a pairing of Magloire’s pace and power with the experience and aerial ability of Ayala would be more effective than two very slow Centre Backs in Ayala and Wharton

You don't need pace to play centre back. In fact most of the games great centre backs have had little pace, what makes a good centre back is his ability to read the game. 

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Although Magloire did win 5 headers in the pre-season game you claimed he hadn’t won one ?

Do you do the stats for the government by any chance? Only you told me after the Leicester game he won 3 headers now it appears that since the final whistle there has been a 66% rise.

37 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

You don't need pace to play centre back. In fact most of the games great centre backs have had little pace, what makes a good centre back is his ability to read the game. 

Do you do the stats for the government by any chance? Only you told me after the Leicester game he won 3 headers now it appears that since the final whistle there has been a 66% rise.

Was just a throwaway joke comment, not supposed to be taken seriously, a simple friendly jibe. ?

Not one for cherry picking individual team selections to compensate for certain players in terms of picking inferior players as a result.

Ayala is a defender that has been around the block and indeed Williams is hardly fast.

Wharton is fourth choice centre back having played plenty of games in senior football compared to Magloire who looked incapable of winning a header when he last played for the first team. I know a few got a bit giddy after a friendly in which he did ok in but he is behind Wharton in the queue and should Lenihan and Williams not make it, which is very hypothetical at the moment, then it has to be Ayala and Wharton.

I also hope that he doesnt piss around in that eventuality and put Nyambe at CB and Rankin Costello at RB, putting 2 players out of position in one move. Keep it simple, if 2 of the first CB's are out, pick the 4th choice, it isnt rocket science. If you are unwilling to do that, then you may aswell move Wharton on at this stage.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Of course you need pace. Tyler's pace was how he stopped Vardy from scoring against us.

Pace is ultra important in the modern game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Of course you need pace. Tyler's pace was how he stopped Vardy from scoring against us.

Pace is ultra important in the modern game.

A good centre back doesn't need pace as a good centre back will read the game well enough not to need it. If a centre back is needing to use his pace too often it is because he has no positional sense. Look at all the great Italian centre backs form yesteryear none of them had pace, Bobby Moore England's finest centre half never had an ounce of pace.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

And keep a lad thats never played in his place. Considering whartons obvious experience? Doesn't make sense.

One would get a fee on the market and the other has more years to develop.