BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nottingham Forest Home

Mate of mine, a Bristol City fan, said Forest were excellent against them a couple of games back, should've won. We can't take this game lightly, they've a strong squad & a manager who knows how to get results in this league.

That said, we've got to be confident & be on the front foot from the off. Assuming there's no Holtby or Rothwell, I like Rev's team. A little concerned about Ayala & Douglas being new to the back 4, but worth giving it a go with Bell benches.

Options off the bench are v promising, with Elliot likely to get a 25 minute run out whether we're struggling or cruising.

18 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Mate of mine, a Bristol City fan, said Forest were excellent against them a couple of games back, should've won. We can't take this game lightly, they've a strong squad & a manager who knows how to get results in this league.

That said, we've got to be confident & be on the front foot from the off. Assuming there's no Holtby or Rothwell, I like Rev's team. A little concerned about Ayala & Douglas being new to the back 4, but worth giving it a go with Bell benches.

Options off the bench are v promising, with Elliot likely to get a 25 minute run out whether we're struggling or cruising.

Not eligible to play. Only transfers done before noon yesterday are eligible to play on Saturday - I believe. 

Douglas and Trybull are fine but Pears and Elliott are not.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 2

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Definitely out then?

Unfortunately so, no idea on state of quarantine rules etc (whether it 2 weeks, 10 days etc) but been told he tested positive in the rounds yesterday. Annoying for us and him.

Knowing TM's aversion to play newcomers in the starting eleven and the fact that none of them are likely to be match fit or available, I think we are likely to start with 3 at the back, being Nyambe, Ayalla and Darragh. A midfield 4 of Buckley, Evans, Johnson & Bell and Brereton, Arma and Dolan as the front 3. You can perm any of the recent acquisitions and the usual crew on the bench.

Today is likely to be a tough encounter and would be brilliant if we were to win and would set us up nicely for when the new boys are likely to come in to the reckoning. The rest of the season is an exciting proposition.

Thoroughly looking forward to the match, just sad we're not there to cheer the boys on.

From my armchair, sat on my jack jones, COYB!

Edited by darrenrover

17 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Unfortunately so, no idea on state of quarantine rules etc (whether it 2 weeks, 10 days etc) but been told he tested positive in the rounds yesterday. Annoying for us and him.

I find that infuriating. You would have thought that everyone involved with the first team squad would be told to effectively self isolate permanently for the time being when not at Brockhall or Ewood. That way the chances of contracting Covid are virtually nil. I appreciate that would be difficult but they are paid a kings ransom comparatively and have a duty to do their utmost to protect themselves. I appreciate that this is over and above the normal restrictions applicable to us all but their remuneration isn't similar either.

The additional concern is has it been passed to other members of the squad or support team. Further, what if they then suffer from the effects of 'long Covid' as some people that I know are? It's not just the 2 weeks convalescence, it's also what effects this has long term too. They're elite athletes, so long term breathing difficulties won't do much good for the bleep test!

I wish Rothwell and any others a speedy recovery and sincerely hope he doesn't have any long term symptoms.

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

I did notice on Rothwells Instagram that he had been out and about. Even in Blackpool at one point! Seems like a strange decision on his part to risk himself but footballers are humans too. I’m sure nobody is more annoyed than himself if it’s true

Absolutely irresponsible if that's the case. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atko's Engine said:

I have absolutely no concerns over Ayala. Seasoned experienced pro and leader. 

Got to go for it. The mentality of playing for a point should be long gone, with the quality we have we should be looking to win every game. Focus on the quality we have and how best we can hurt teams. That's not to say we shouldn't respect anyone but simply not change our style of play that has served us well so far. Stay on the front foot, keep the high press, keep feeding Dolan, keep Gallagher on the bench. Even if we lose, commit to this style of play and learn. Too long have looked like a side void of any method and style...

Just go for it Mogga. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Has there been anything official reported on this Rothwell nonsense?

The rovers insta page had a matchday post with a photo of rothwell as the player. Would be weird to promote the game with a player whos not in the squad. 

Edit just had another look and theres no sign of it! it definately came up on my feed!

Edited by benhben