BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nottingham Forest Home

Looks a very tough game with what we have available and the new manager bounce, Let's hope the lads play out

of their skins, (thinking the likes of Bell) who know they're under pressure with the new arrivals.

BTW for anyone without pictures, I believe Talksport 2 have this game as their live commentary.

Edited by West Yorks Rover

Just now, LDRover said:

Makes the decision to give Holtby extended parental leave look very poor. I'm all for family but, bloody hell.....

Glad that Buckley has been trusted to start, it's a big game for him. But that bench....

FFS is that why he's out, thought it was just another sicknote.

At least its not because its his birthday party

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

FFS is that why he's out, thought it was just another sicknote.

At least its not because its his birthday party

Yep. I must admit I was defending Lenihan missed a game for the birth of his child. However this one takes the piss, kid was born over  a week ago...

He should be back doing what we pay him for today.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Displaced Rover said:

Yep. I must admit I was defending Lenihan missed a game for the birth of his child. However this one takes the piss, kid was born over  a week ago...

He should be back doing what we pay him for today.

It's all about man management. Lets see how we get on today, before the witch-hunts start.

• Like 1

Very, very weak bench and not the strongest line up, A shame that none of the new signings could be on the bench. Missing a lorry load of players. Hopefully at least most of Elliott, Trybull, Douglas, Holtby, Rothwell, Pears, Williams and Rankin Costello can be in contention midweek. Maybe Downing too.

Hopefully we can grind our way to a victory, Forest will be a different animal with a new manager but ultimately a home game v a team with 4 losses in 4 has to be one we expect to win.

7 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Interesting. See I also agree that he’ll be lickin his lips at the prospect of Douglas swinging crosses to the back post for Gally to throw himself at....but he’s loving this new set up and I think he’ll want to get on the training ground with them both first. Maybe he’ll throw them both on at some point. See if it clicks..

If Rothwell isn’t fit I’m almost certain it will be Evans Johnson Buckley which is more balanced. Evans fitness is a pain but when fit he very rarely lets us down imo.

Trybull is a 6 (Pivot) by all accounts. Plays at the base of the three, breaks play up and distributes. He’s covering Johnson who won’t be able to play twice a week until Christmas and based on last season could just fizzle out completely. Davenport, if he can kick on is a natural successor for Johnson next season.

Trav, Holtby, Rothwell, Evans and Buckley are 8’s. High energy, ‘up and downers’ with varied skills sets..(Evans and Trav more combative whilst the others are more creative).

Nit sure how I’ve got into 6’s and 8’s ?? but it’s clear we’re trying to emulate something like Klopps Liverpool...

I would disagree on the best roles of Evans and Johnson. Johnson is better breaking forward, sit him in front of the back 4 and he is not very good taking the ball on the half turn, his strengths lie in the power he offers and the goal threat he gives us breaking from deep. Whereas Evans is very conservative, a lot more neat and tidy and can take the ball on the half turn and perhaps more disciplined but offers absolutely zero going forward.

• Like 1

Amazing how peoples opinions change - not certain why so many think this is a drastically weakened team. Same front three, same back four - other than Williams replaced with Ayala (which many would consider an improvement). In midfield we are missing Holtby and Rothwell - replaced by an international and an up and coming midfield player. We may miss Rothwells pace - but Evans coming in should hopefully provide a bit more protection for Buckley.

COYB

• Like 2

Sounds like Forest have a lot missing due to COVID. Hadn’t heard anything about that but doesn’t sound like they have a fit RB and a very weak bench.

Thats the cue for us to lose.

(actually ignore that, it appears that the commentators were talking about Notts County)

Edited by Ricky