BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nottingham Forest Home

Nothing like actually watching Rovers play to bring you back down to Earth sometimes ?

Need to be braver. Need more creativity. Holtby and Rothwell big misses - and like Cardiff we know Dack could easily be the differences in these games.

Would bring Buckley in the middle for Evans and get Chapman out wide.

Edited by CD_93
  • Like 1

• Backroom

A disappointing half, but not unexpected considering the lineup. The midfield is back to that slow, sludgy dynamic we had gotten used to. Unless some of these lads get their arses in gear (Bell, Evans, Buckley, Johnson, Brereton, Dolan especially) they aren't giving Mowbray much of a headache when it comes to replacing them with our new signings/returning players. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 3

Two teams effectively cancelling each other out. Johnson and Evans been poor, Buckley some good forward passes. I don’t think the RW combo of Dolan and Nyambe works: Dolan can set Nyambe free but the guy can’t cross; Nyambe hasn’t the guile to set Dolan free. Armstrong nowhere to be seen.

This is the Rovers of old... Think this is a fine example of how much we miss Rothwell without him in the side. His forward passing and general direct link up play is totally what this game needs. Literally just watched Evans and Johnson play safe sideways passes for 45 minutes. Too predictable. 

Both teams very wasteful in possession, poor game. 

• Like 3

Had we beaten Cardiff a 0-0 here wouldn’t be a disaster but we didn’t so we just need to grind out a win here somehow. There’ll be plenty of games like this to overcome and if we seriously want to be a top 2 contender we need to find a way to win these.

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Two teams effectively cancelling each other out. Johnson and Evans been poor, Buckley some good forward passes. I don’t think the RW combo of Dolan and Nyambe works: Dolan can set Nyambe free but the guy can’t cross; Nyambe hasn’t the guile to set Dolan free. Armstrong nowhere to be seen.

Dolan has been poor, but it's to be expected. He's young and learning the game. 

At this stage of his career he should be an impact sub - which I suspect he's about to be with the new signings. 

That's a poor half, too many sloppy passes and  a very pedestrian midfield performance.  I have to think that might be down to the mix of the midfield 3.  Evans does look off it at the moment.

Credit to Hughton who's got Forest well organised which is putting Rovers off.

Armstrong is dealing with scraps and if anyone looks likely at the moment it's Brereton.

Need more dynamism and slick passing in midfield if we are going to get anything today, more worried that Forest look the more likely.

It was always going to be like this with Evans and Johnson playing together in midfield. One of them needs to come off asap (I'd chose Evans) to be sacrificed with someone who looks forward and not just back and sideways. To be fair, I don't know who's on the bench so I could be talking out of my arse! We need to be able to create much more otherwise Grabban, Lolly and Ameobi will make us pay in the second half. The writing is already on the wall.

COYB!!

Just now, Neal said:

This is the Rovers of old... Think this is a fine example of how much we miss Rothwell without him in the side. His forward passing and general direct link up play is totally what this game needs. Literally just watched Evans and Johnson play safe sideways passes for 45 minutes. Too predictable. 

Both teams very wasteful in possession, poor game. 

Spot on. Dolan comes to life with the likes of Rothwell. That midfield  3 remind me of the Evans and Smallwood days. Fuck all creativity. 

Evans needs to go.

• Like 1