BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nottingham Forest Home

So disappointing.

Always said that Holtby sets the tempo and puts us on the front foot and feared when he was out and I cannot believe he was allowed to miss this game. However, that opened the door for Buckley who appears to have completely bottled his chance. He's a talented boy in my opinion but if he's mentally weak he'll never make it at this level.

Got to see how the new players bed in but more importantly how we recreate the intensity of our good wins this season. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Yeah I’d take the point take the positives of another clean sheet and never looked like conceding and see what the new lads bring. Boring game but it won’t be the first or last of them down at Ewood the difference is I’m not trudging back up the hill in the rain after losing 1-0. Silver lining and all that

Cheers for that ?

• Like 2

We had 61 percent possession. Forest had 15 shots and 4 on target, we had 6 and 2 on target. We have to invite teams onto us that come to defend instead of trying to pass around the edge of the area all game, it simply doesn't work for us. We are better on the counter, and harrying teams that are passing it around at the back.

• Backroom

Can't say we deserved anything else. Forest had 15 shots to our 6 and 4 on target compared to our 2. Nothing to do with luck. They had more chances and took one of them, whereas we had less chances and took none of them. Two goalless games and two insipid creative performances gives Mowbray perfect reason to shake the team up.

There are a lot of players out there today who should only be called upon in the event of an injury crisis. Bell, Evans, Gallagher and Brereton at the very least. £12m down the drain as far as the last two are concerned but it's obvious neither are up to it. I appreciate Brereton works hard but he doesn't contribute with goals at all and only the odd assist here and there. Not good enough for what we need - Harvey should take his place immediately. Johnson isn't consistent enough to be a starter but will be needed for the bench. 

Thankfully we do have numerous options for the midfield, so I'm not as concerned about that as I have been in previous years. Hoping Arma will start scoring again when surrounded by better, more creative players. Dack also can't return soon enough. 

Edited by DE.

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

do you really believe they will make a difference with  the mowbray tactical approach???

The tactical approach that worked so well in the first three games when we should have got something at Bournemouth and then smashed Wycombe and Derby? We were always going to struggle today with a midfield three of Buckley Evans and Johnson. We’ll be a different animal when Holtby and Rothwell get back in the side, for all some people don’t rate Rothwell we badly missed his drive today. We’ve got Douglas to come in for Bell and Elliott to come in for Brereton. No need to over react, football is a cruel game sometimes we didn’t deserve to win today but we definitely didn’t deserve to lose. Our MOTM Nyambe or Ayala today for me.

• Like 3

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

do you really believe they will make a difference with  the mowbray tactical approach???

Yeah I do believe they will make a difference.

Hard to play a similar style as we did in the Bournemouth, Wycombe, and Derby matches when we are missing Holtby who makes us tick and Rothwell who gives drive from the midfield.

Evans and Johnson together no creativity.Buckley was shit.So no midfield at all today so yes the returning players and new signings will make a difference

11 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Yeah I’d take the point take the positives of another clean sheet and never looked like conceding and see what the new lads bring. Boring game but it won’t be the first or last of them down at Ewood the difference is I’m not trudging back up the hill in the rain after losing 1-0. Silver lining and all that

Well..... you won't be trudging back up the hill in the rain anyway.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Apart from them hitting the post and us conceding one you were spot on with that.

• Like 1

Just now, booth said:

So you think he won't revert to playing Gallagher and Brereton week in week out? He keeps those two in the team they'll win f*** all.

Due to the money involved we won't get rid of those two till Mowbray goes.

2 of the worst players I've seen at Rovers. Complete shit.

I played with better in the amateur game.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Neal said:

If I never see Sam Gallagher again it will be too soon... F*cking w*nk!!! Stealing a living. 

Of the two much criticised signings, he's the one that baffled me at the time.

Brereton is turning into a very useful player. Gallagher, not so much. Has most of the attributes to be a good PL player, but doesn't use them. 

• Like 1