BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nottingham Forest Home

Just now, booth said:

Thanks to his gamble he'll still play Gallagher and Brereton and shift someone better out. I'd have kept Danny Graham, despite his age better than both.

Infact take any young bricky from a building site and stick them there, tell them they'll be a millionaire before they are 25 and I'm sure they'd put more into the game.

Actually take an aged bricky with a wooden leg and they'd still put more in.

Agree with Gallagher but I think Brereton has looked ok this season not a 7 million man ,not today tho but again we had no creativity in the 3 behind.Armstrong was crap today aswell but I don't blame him Johnson, Evans and Buckley showed nothing.

In fairness Brereton hasnt started many matches for rovers and Mowbray has had no problem leaving him out so don't agree with your point that Mowbray shoehorns him in or will start him every week because of his fee

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Of the two much criticised signings, he's the one that baffled me at the time.

Brereton is turning into a very useful player. Gallagher, not so much. Has most of the attributes to be a good PL player, but doesn't use them. 

What does Gallagher actually do? He can’t pass, he can’t shoot, he can’t head the ball, he can’t hold the ball up. I’d rather have Ashley Ward. Totally useless. That’s in his best position, out wide he’s even more useless. We are down to ten men when he comes on. Pity that he’s Mowbray’s second favourite player after Bennett :( 

When the ball is about to go to Gallagher or Bell I’m already cursing, as you know nothing is going to happen.

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Whenever we have 60% possession, we usually struggle. Wycombe was an exception. 

We can’t score when we have all the ball, we need to operate on the counter

If we want to be in the top six we need to find ways to win in both scenarios. If a team sits back then a counter-attacking game isn't going to work very well either. Hopefully with the addition of the likes of Trybull and Harvey Elliott, plus the return of Rothwell and Holtby, and eventually Dack, we'll see more endeavour and creativity in games where we have significant amounts of possession. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Yep, I put together the stats to show it last season some time around Dec or Jan I believe and showed how much worse we do when we control possession. I need to update the data to show it again but not got round to it. Anecdotally though, I've been paying attention to it and I know the picture hasn't changed.

Edited by bluebruce

Just now, JoeH said:

It was too easy for NF. We simply never looked like scoring playing with no midfield. Goal was down to Johnson mistake.

If anyone on here supports a man of the match I demand an inquiry.

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We must have given Liverpool some guarantee that Elliot will get minutes otherwise he wouldn't be here on loan.

You think Dack won't start when he comes back?

Evans will play when Trybull is available?

Holtby won't start? Rothwell?

On this performance he'll walk into the team. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i hope tony does`nt make dolan the scapegoat,he needs development not dropping

Dolan wouldn’t have ever got in the team if golden bollocks Gallagher wasn’t injured :rolleyes 

• Like 1

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

It was too easy for NF. We simply never looked like scoring playing with no midfield. Goal was down to Johnson mistake.

If anyone on here supports a man of the match I demand an inquiry.

He has to take the blame for it, cost us a point.

And he misplaced quite a few passes during the game too. The real Johnson is back!

Maybe the late signing of Harvey Elliott shows that TM has realised that Gallagher is a cart horse. Definitely pleased we signed an offensive player given the toothless showing today. I knew they would score and the deflection was inevitable given the new manager curse...not that we challenged enough to prevent it happening though. Oh well. 

7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

What a ridiculous statement. Why bother supporting a team if you're not entertained by them?

Winning is the best entertainment in football.

Because winning games is what improves your club and ultimately sees it thrive.

If you can do it with ‘style’, great, if not, just find a way to win.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Yep, we're good on the counter and have been since Mowbray got here. We struggle when we have to break down teams at home and have been since Mowbray got here. Nothing has changed. Hughton was always going to be a bit too clever for Mowbray. 

16 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

The sooner Rothwell, Holtby, Dack and Elliott are back in that team the better. 

Poor performance from a disjointed team...I think Dolan will do well to start on Wednesday.

My starting XI 

kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Ayala Douglas

Holtby Trybull Buckley

Elliott Arma Brereton 

Lets hpoe so

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Buckley needs to play. 

Yeah, in the U21s. He’s not physically up to this league. A luxury player that has zero influence on the game. I suspect we won’t see him for a while the way Mowbray reacted to his substitution. A huge opportunity for him wasted today. 

51 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Don’t. You’ll upset some people with talk like that.

its his first start. He needs to be working harder and trying to make an impression. Don’t care if others have been poor, Buckley is trying impress and he’s done the opposite. Wasteful in possession and awful work rate. you have to be an unreal player to get away with his lack of work rate. 

Thing is, the really hard-working battling type just isn't the type of player he is. And I accept that, for now. Where he upset me today was in the areas he is supposed to be good! Sloppy passing, poor touch, no clever balls to unlock the defence. Plus the usual physical shortcomings of pace and strength. It's the worst I've seen him play. He won't be seeing much more game time this season if he doesn't step up considerably from that.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

The sooner Rothwell, Holtby, Dack and Elliott are back in that team the better. 

Poor performance from a disjointed team...I think Dolan will do well to start on Wednesday.

My starting XI 

kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Ayala Douglas

Holtby Trybull Buckley

Elliott Arma Brereton 

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Dolan wouldn’t have ever got in the team if golden bollocks Gallagher wasn’t injured :rolleyes 

i wonder if gally has ever gone to mowbray and said "boss,stop putting me out wide,your making me look useless,i need to play central" i suspect he has`nt which just illustrates the fact that he is comfortable earning a sizeable wage and has no ambition,which is 50% of what is wrong with the current regime,half the squad are not hungry just content

• Like 2