BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nottingham Forest Home

1 minute ago, philipl said:

Thing that bothers me is we are already 6 points off 2nd and have an away game at Watford up next. 

This season could suddenly turn into a long haul if we are not careful.

We may well be better suited to that game than this one tbh. Which is in itself something that needs to change.

19 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

The sooner Rothwell, Holtby, Dack and Elliott are back in that team the better. 

Poor performance from a disjointed team...I think Dolan will do well to start on Wednesday.

My starting XI 

kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Ayala Douglas

Holtby Trybull Buckley

Elliott Arma Brereton 

I think Dolan’s days as a starter are numbered too. Very naive today. Not a criticism of the lad, he made a great start but he’s 18 and expectations need to be managed.

• Like 7

If teams sit back, still employ the high press which creates mistakes in the final third.

I don't accept all these possession statistics as being too meaningful. I'd much prefer to rely upon what I see with my own eyes! 

Statistics can be dressed up and interpreted according to ones argument: ie today we had 60% possession and as such should have won. We know that's bollocks because we'd have been fortunate to get a point.

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 2

• Backroom

The only thing I will say in defence of Buckley is that he was surrounded by Gallagher, Brereton, Evans and Johnson. Dolan had a poor game as well. Far from ideal. He had a disappointing game but I'd like to see him tried when the likes of Elliott, Rothwell, Holtby and Dack are playing. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

Yeah, in the U21s. He’s not physically up to this league. A luxury player that has zero influence on the game. I suspect we won’t see him for a while the way Mowbray reacted to his substitution. A huge opportunity for him wasted today. 

He won't learn anything in the U23s. He needs mens football at this point - send him out on loan to L1 if he's not the first CM off the bench (which he probably isn't at this point). 

When was the last time we nicked a 1-0 away from home in stoppage time? Regardless of how well Bell has played defensively in recent matches we have to get Douglas in straight away to give us something going forward. On another note, Chris Hughton has a hex over us. I may be imaging it but we hardly ever seem to beat his sides. I knew as soon as he was appointed we were in for some pain today. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

Yeah, in the U21s. He’s not physically up to this league. A luxury player that has zero influence on the game. I suspect we won’t see him for a while the way Mowbray reacted to his substitution. A huge opportunity for him wasted today. 

Skilful but a lightweight who lacks pace which will hold him back when playing with the big boys.

Still young so will develop but should have gone to L1 on loan to grow up.

I wish him well but where are his PL suitors I've seen mentioned on here?

2 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

I think Dolan’s days as a starter are numbered too. Very naive today. Not a criticism of the lad, he made a great start but he’s 18 and expectations need to be managed.

We still don't really have any game changers on the bench and you know bringing Gallagher on is going to yield nowt. That's a role Dolan might be better suited to now opposition scouts have sat up and noticed him.

I think Chapman struggles at this level and always might but it's good to see hin getting a chance at least.

Well. Garbage game. Forest were as poor as us. Neither team deserved to win. 

First, positives (if there are any)... Feel sorry for the back 4, didn't deserve to concede. Didn't really put a foot wrong, thought Ayala was rock solid again. Didn't look like they were going to concede. 

So many players I could gladly never see again. Evans can f*ck off on the next train to Stoke. Nothing sideways footballer. Gallagher should retire. He won't even get 5 goals this season. He's never ever in the game, just running round like bambi on ice, 5 Mill utterly wasted... Just go away fella, sick of looking at you. Buckley needs to go on loan, I've not seen anything from him to suggest he will make it at this level. Chapman is a league 1 player and will never be anything more. 

As much as I blame Johnson for today, his performance was beyond words, looked hungover... Yet, he's shown enough this season to have the opportunity to put it right. Maybe Brereton too, who was also absolutely crap. 

Felt sorry for Armstrong, he had nothing round him, worked hard, held it up well at times but got nothing. A truly thankless task. 

As a window closes, this game highlights the importance of the next one or at least next summer. A lot of deadwood primadonna's. 

Seriously, does Evans want a lift to Stoke? I'd kick the f*cker out the door half way down the m6. Useless. Just get out my sight. 

• Like 4

Just now, Trinidad Rover said:

I think Dolan's inclusion in the starting eleven and effectiveness  is very much dependant on the overall team selection. He's flourished when JRC was right back and combining with him down the right flank but struggled in the past 2 games when Rhino has deputised for JRC. 

With the options available from here on in, from what we've seen of Dolan to date, he's an exciting member of our squad and Nobenders can continue to slag him off as not good enough for their squad. They may reconsider however when he slips the ball past their goalie at the Town End to guarantee 3 points for The Rovers!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Agree with Gallagher but I think Brereton has looked ok this season not a 7 million man ,not today tho but again we had no creativity in the 3 behind.Armstrong was crap today aswell but I don't blame him Johnson, Evans and Buckley showed nothing.

In fairness Brereton hasnt started many matches for rovers and Mowbray has had no problem leaving him out so don't agree with your point that Mowbray shoehorns him in or will start him every week because of his fee

He's a striker that doesn't score, it's as clear as that with me. Fair enough he's 21 and has time to develop. I can't see it but there's a chance it'll happen. Sam Gallagher on the other hand is 25 and realistically we are now stuck with the bastard child of Ashley Ward and Rodney Trotter. 5 millions worth of him.

Tony Mowbray's school of football management.

Sign a striker on a big contract for big money - balls it up. Sign another striker on more money upfront to disguise the other striker that can't score - balls it up. Chance upon a young player so everyone forgets earlier misfires - WIN. Entire team has a shit day - end game playing with both strikers that you pissed away most of our funds on, both of which can barely stand up properly never mind play football.

After today I fully expect both of them to be playing next game and for the majority of games this season.

When I saw Gallagher lining up I thought he was going to swap him with Brereton.

Johnson and Evans should have been replaced a long time ago. Buckley is in the same camp as Brereton, not ready and maybe never will. We certainly shouldn't be pinning our hopes on players like that to do jobs for us.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

When was the last time we nicked a 1-0 away from home in stoppage time? Regardless of how well Bell has played defensively in recent matches we have to get Douglas in straight away to give us something going forward. On another note, Chris Hughton has a hex over us. I may be imaging it but we hardly ever seem to beat his sides. I knew as soon as he was appointed we were in for some pain today. 

A bloke who will get Forest promoted. Meanwhile, we will continue to flatter to deceive.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Statistics can be dressed up and interpreted according to ones argument: ie today we had 60% possession and as such should have won. We know that's bollocks because we'd have been fortunate to get a point.

Disagree. Both teams were shite. 

One of those days.

• Like 3

• Backroom
Just now, Mattyblue said:

Didn’t they have three times the shots we had? And hit the woodwork twice (as the away side).

I can't understand this idea that we were 'unlucky' today. They had more chances and better chances than us, so how is that unlucky other than the timing of the goal being near the end of the match?

Neither team looked particularly decent, but if anybody deserved to win it was Forest, unfortunately. It is what it is - move on and hopefully a much different team on Wednesday.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I think Dolan's inclusion in the starting eleven and effectiveness  is very much dependant on the overall team selection. He's flourished when JRC was right back and combining with him down the right flank but struggled in the past 2 games when Rhino has deputised for JRC. 

With the options available from here on in, from what we've seen of Dolan to date, he's an exciting member of our squad and Nobenders can continue to slag him off as not good enough for their squad. They may reconsider however when he slips the ball past their goalie at the Town End to guarantee 3 points for The Rovers!

Agree with all of that. No doubt the team sent out today was never going to suit him - zero energy and mobility. He still showed glimpses. 

Watching Brereton today confirmed he will never be a top player at this level, certainly not a £6m player. We all want him to succeed but he just doesn’t have the technical ability or football intelligence. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Didn’t they have three times the shots we had? And hit the woodwork twice (as the away side).

So you think they played well and created clear cut chances? I seem to recall their undeserved winner taking a cruel / lucky deflection. 

I think our GK only had one decent save to make. Thrilling(!)