BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nottingham Forest Home

9 minutes ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

When was the last time we nicked a 1-0 away from home in stoppage time? Regardless of how well Bell has played defensively in recent matches we have to get Douglas in straight away to give us something going forward. On another note, Chris Hughton has a hex over us. I may be imaging it but we hardly ever seem to beat his sides. I knew as soon as he was appointed we were in for some pain today. 

The issue i have with both our full backs is they cant cross a ball, bell in particular is found wanting, where as Douglas has a wand of a left foot, 10000% better than bell in all aspects of the game, its a no brainer.

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

So you think they played well and created clear cut chances? I seem to recall their undeserved winner taking a cruel / lucky deflection. 

I think our GK only had one decent save to make. Thrilling(!)

Thought it was a textbook away performance.

I’d be thrilled as a Forest fan, yes.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, martonrover said:

A bloke who will get Forest promoted. Meanwhile, we will continue to flatter to deceive.

No better than Mowbray according to a few here ?

He'll have them in the top end this season if TM finishes above him we'll have done very well i reckon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

No better than Mowbray according to a few here ?

He'll have them in the top end this season if TM finishes above him we'll have done very well i reckon.

I'll guess that we'll finish about where we are now.

1 minute ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Agree with all of that. No doubt the team sent out today was never going to suit him - zero energy and mobility. He still showed glimpses. 

Watching Brereton today confirmed he will never be a top player at this level, certainly not a £6m player. We all want him to succeed but he just doesn’t have the technical ability or football intelligence. 

i really don`t know what you can do with brereton,he`s gone back to his usual self,if we are serious on getting up the table then you can`t be carrying him,mind you there are half a dozen who we are carrying tbh

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So you think they played well and created clear cut chances? I seem to recall their undeserved winner taking a cruel / lucky deflection. 

I think our GK only had one decent save to make. Thrilling(!)

You're partially right but using your argument, did we have any shot on target, never mind one that worked their goalkeeper.

In truth we really got what we deserved today, NOWT!

5 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

The issue i have with both our full backs is they cant cross a ball, bell in particular is found wanting, where as Douglas has a wand of a left foot, 10000% better than bell in all aspects of the game, its a no brainer.

I guess that's why we've signed Douglas, no?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i really don`t know what you can do with brereton,he`s gone back to his usual self,if we are serious on getting up the table then you can`t be carrying him,mind you there are half a dozen who we are carrying tbh

Unless I’m missing something, his whole game seems to be based on picking the ball up deep, running with it for a bit and then looking for a foul.

Sure that wasn’t what TM thought he was buying, £7million or £700k...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, booth said:

I'll guess that we'll finish about where we are now.

Yeah i can see that i was thinking about 9th with the new recruits and same as last season before the signings. Difference being i think we'll genuinely flirt with the top 6 at times but ultimately fall some way short.

• Like 1

Just now, WacoRover said:

I can’t believe some of what I read here sometimes. 
No Dack, Bennett, Travis, Holtby, JR-C, or Williams. None of our 4 new players made the 18. We lose on a plucky shot, at 90’. 
we can’t catastrophize after this one game. C’mon. 

we had the same performance against cardiff,thats why a lot are fed up,we can see it`s going to be a repeat of last season,terrible games interspersed with a few good ones

3 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I can’t believe some of what I read here sometimes. 
No Dack, Bennett, Travis, Holtby, JR-C, or Williams. None of our 4 new players made the 18. We lose on a plucky shot, at 90’. 
we can’t catastrophize after this one game. C’mon. 

The players that were out playing were signed and/or trusted by the manager. Difficult not to be frustrated.

Edited by booth