BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nottingham Forest Home

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

You're on your own there matey. If you want entertainment go to the circus

No he's not. I hated Allardyce football too. I often came off thinking we'd lost when we'd won. So what are you saying jim mk2, football as a spectical is generally shit and  we have no right to expect to be entertained? Before you say anything further, yes highlight's a wonderful thing!

I'd say your opinions are totally outdated, football's an entertainment business. When was the last time you attended Ewood or are you quite at home now sat in your armchair, similar to the rest of us.

3 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

No he's not. I hated Allardyce football too. I often came off thinking we'd lost when we'd won. So what are you saying jim mk2, football as a spectical is generally shit and  we have no right to expect to be entertained? Before you say anything further, yes highlight's a wonderful thing!

I'd say your opinions are totally outdated, football's an entertainment business. When was the last time you attended Ewood or are you quite at home now sat in your armchair, similar to the rest of us.

You honestly went home disappointed after winning a Premier League game? Seeing our beloved Rovers, a club with limited resources, in the top half of the biggest league in the world?

Just can’t fathom that, honestly.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

No he isn't.

He really isn't. When you consider how many casual fans we've lost over the past decade, he's actually in the overwhelming majority. Personally, I would prefer to watch Blackburn Hawks ice hockey if that was back on. It might be 'Sunday League' quality, but it is certainly an entertaining evening!

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Whilst we have a good squad on paper, we have one big piece of the jigsaw missing and that is a manager. The owners seem to be showing interest in funding a promotion push in which case they must sack him and bring in a manager capable of getting us out of this league. 

Not many managers would’ve got much more out of that starting 11 today. Was thrown together at the last minute.

Just now, Riverside under the drip said:

He really isn't. When you consider how many casual fans we've lost over the past decade, he's actually in the overwhelming majority. Personally, I would prefer to watch Blackburn Hawks ice hockey if that was back on. It might be 'Sunday League' quality, but it is certainly an entertaining evening!

We’ve lost half our fanbase because we left the PL and had disgraceful owners taking the piss out of the fanbase, we had 20,000 ST holders in 2010 under that seeming ‘long ball Bolton Bastard’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

9 goals in two games and 2 clean sheets was pretty decent entertainment.

Just got to write today off as one of those days. Hopefully this revert to type is a brief step off the wagon due to stubborn opposition.

Was the same against Cardiff bar the opposition goal though, Tomphil. 180 minutes, absolutely bugger all created (save for the Gallagher chance in the previous match). Very concerning and proves it wasn’t a one off.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Just now, Mattyblue said:

We’ve lost half our fanbase because we left the PL, we had 20,000 ST holders in 2010.

That is true but that's the whole point. The football was not as entertaining because we didn't play very well, fans lost their connection with the club and the matchday experience felt awful. Anyway, we're drifting off topic a little. The game today felt exactly like games under Bowyer when you KNEW we wouldn't get anything out of it. Too many sub-par players. Hopefully, we'll drop Evans, Gallagher, Brereton et al soon...

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

We’ve lost half our fanbase because we left the PL and had disgraceful owners taking the piss out of the fanbase, we had 20,000 ST holders in 2010 under that seeming ‘long ball Bolton Bastard’.

I’m not sure we’ve ever had 20,000 ST holders in a season! I would love to be proved wrong but are you sure of your facts?

1 minute ago, Mellor Rover said:

Not many managers would’ve got much more out of that starting 11 today. Was thrown together at the last minute.

We have not been able to break down a defensive side on a regular basis for quite a few seasons. That is not, thrown together at the last minute. They are all pro players, I would not accept the amount of simple passes that went astray. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You honestly went home disappointed after winning a Premier League game? Seeing our beloved Rovers, a club with limited resources, in the top half of the biggest league in the world?

Its crazy, there seems to have been a shift in recent years within the whole culture of football whereby there is a certain type of football that seems to be considered acceptable and mandatory, passing it out from the back etc and if anyone shifts from that, regardless of results, they are treat with scorn.

The result has almost become of secondary importance. Another aspect is that the skill of goalscoring seems to have fallen down in the ranking of importance for attacking players. Being a consistent, prolific goalscorer doesnt do it for some people anymore.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

20,000 in spite of him, not because of him.

After all the comings and goings over the last few days, it’s pretty deflating to see Brereton and Gallagher up front again. Until Mowbray can do something about that ( like leave them out) we have no chance of challenging anybody.

• Like 3

To be fair we won’t know how good we are until we have a fully fit squad with all the new signings etc. Until then it’s hard to judge, some of the fringe players don’t appear to be good enough though. Some of those lads today won’t get a sniff in the coming weeks.

Edited by Tormund

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I may have been spoiled previously Matty but yes, after watching hoofball for 90 mins to scab a 1-0 win, sometimes I went home pissed off and bored to death. I was happy with the 3 points but unhappy with what I'd watched.

I regret that now in hindsight but that's what I thought at the time.

That said, I pay my money to be entertained on a Saturday afternoon and if we win, that's an added bonus. I don't want to watch an absolute load of shite scab a win, nor do I want to pay a fortune to go to City, United, Chelsea or Arsenal away and be embarrassed by an absolute thumping, as Allardyce thought acceptable. Little did I, or anybody else that thought similarly, know what was to come. Anyway let's leave all that shite behind us, I was just annoyed by jimmk2's reference to entertainment. For me, that's what it's all about!

Just now, den said:

After all the comings and goings over the last few days, it’s pretty deflating to see Brereton and Gallagher up front again. Until Mowbray can do something about that ( like leave them out) we have no chance of challenging anybody.

Those 2 will feature every match-day this season - and it will be to our detriment. Mowbray has 2 self inflicted problems - and so do we.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, den said:

Predictions of either getting 5+ goals seem fanciful right now. Absolute waste-of-spaces IMO.

• Like 3