BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nottingham Forest Home

11 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Sams teams played better football than the shit served up today and against Cardiff.

Sam haters do my fucking head in. You opened the door for the cunt Kean.

Let's not kid ourselves and I've no wish to drag this up again but Sam's teams may have been effective over a season but the football was generally shit to watch.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, den said:

After all the comings and goings over the last few days, it’s pretty deflating to see Brereton and Gallagher up front again. Until Mowbray can do something about that ( like leave them out) we have no chance of challenging anybody.

I didn't like saying that when the euphoria about the recent signing was in full swing yesterday. You can get a bit tired of getting called negative. But that's the truth of it. Not enough of a goal threat at the business end. Lets hope the kid from Liverpool knows where the goals are.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, darrenrover said:

Let's not kid ourselves and I've no wish to drag this up again but Sam's teams may have been effective over a season but the football was generally shit to watch.

In your opinion, not in mine. If you want Ballet go to the Ballet.

Seriously though most of the time under the current manager its quite turgid stuff.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I didn't like saying that when the euphoria about the recent signing was in full swing yesterday. You can get a bit tired of getting called negative. But that's the truth of it. Not enough of a goal threat at the business end. Lets hope the kid from Liverpool knows where the goals are.

A neighbour of mine is a serious Reds fan and he thinks young Elliott is a good signing. He is quick and takes on defenders and is most  effective as a right winger, which probably means he will be behind BB and Gallagher in claiming that position in the team.

26 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Sams teams played better football than the shit served up today and against Cardiff.

Sam haters do my fucking head in. You opened the door for the cunt Kean.

Some people just can't admit they were wrong. Having said that it still really does beggars belief that after what has happened in the 10 years since he was sacked that people still criticise him.

• Like 5

When Dack is back a front 3 of Armstrong Dack Dolan/Elliot should pose a threat to any team.

A 3 of Rothwell, Trybull/Johnson/Travis when he is back  and Holtby should create chances.

I'm not Mowbray's biggest fan and this bringing Gallagher on out wide has to stop but today he does have a genuine excuse with our non performance with the amount of players that were unavailable.

Any team in the division would struggle with that list of absentee's

• Like 3

I think Buckley was really poor today, sorry for the young lad. Also Evans first half was abysmal and was Armstrong on the pitch today.. Johnson was the man who lost the ball for their goal and then it took a deflection on him for the goal so bad luck for Johnson today after fine performerances. This is why we need signings  and hopefully we have a better team next game.

7 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Just see they had 16 shots to our 6 today. We need to get working on the training ground on creating chances once again. Big time. 

My god.Do you think we will line up with a midfield 3 of Johnson, Evans and Buckley many times this season.

When you saw Evans and Johnson together in the starting line up did you think we were likely to create a lot of chances today?

Do you not think that players such as Dack, Elliot, Rothwell and Holtby would have made a difference today?

Douglas coming in at left back ,do you not think his wand of a left foot will aid us in creating chances?

We were poor today no doubt but is it just me that can see the amount of players missing from the squad today?

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

Not having Rothwell today was obviously a problem. His driving runs down the left have been part of the big success of the new system. Also Buckley was no where near as effective as Holtby unfortunately. But then again they were both in the team against Cardiff and we struggled.

The general pattern of play of this game and Cardiff is a concern. What do we do if teams sit deep against us? We don't really seem to know. Both games we get a lot of space down the flanks and in front of their defence but couldnt really do much with it.

I think the next thing we will try is Douglas and JRC at full back and try to use their improved crossing to open up teams. That's a reasonable plan. But I am really concerned we don't really have anyone who can get their head on the crosses in a congested box. I think that could be a big problem for us if most sides intend to be very defensive when they play us.

35 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

In your opinion, not in mine. If you want Ballet go to the Ballet.

Seriously though most of the time under the current manager its quite turgid stuff.

F*ck off with your ballet references ARA, as you say I'd be at Covent Garden in preference to Ewood if that were the case, out of order.

I've stated my opinion regarding the past and also regarding the future. I'm far from Mowbray's biggest fan but am prepared to give him and his team the benefit of the doubt for now that they can get a proper tune out of the squad he has assembled between now and the rest of the season. He really has no excuses now.

Edit: apologies if my opening comment was a touch strong but I'm angered by the reference and todays performance.

Edited by darrenrover

We don't just shrug shoulders and 'move onto the next one'. We analyse the hell out of today and Cardiff and work out how to address failings that have seen one point and no goals in 180 home minutes.

Mowbray outdone again today. Not a surprise because Hughton is a top operator at this level who knows how to dig wins out of difficult situations.

We don't do that which is why we will never be serious promotion contenders. What I'd give for a couple of those Forest performances and wins. Starting midweek at Watford.

We need more in the locker than what we've served up the last two games.

What was being hailed as a brilliant start is actually now a mediocre start with a decent goal difference. 7 points from 15 is OK. Nothing more than that.

• Like 5

Just now, islander200 said:

My god.Do you think we will line up with a midfield 3 of Johnson, Evans and Buckley many times this season.

When you saw Evans and Johnson in the starting line up did you think we were likely to create a lot of chances today?

Johnson is more likely to score or create a goal than the £7 Million waste of space.

I thought Buckley was OK but his two partners in midfield were abysmal.

Forest were well organised like Cardiff were but I thought that they were lucky for the whole of the game. They had the rub of the green. In the last 30 minutes I lost count of the times I shouted at my screen, "You jammy gits!". Even their goal was a jammy deflection.

So annoying.

• Like 2

Just now, JHRover said:

We don't just shrug shoulders and 'move onto the next one'. We analyse the hell out of today and Cardiff and work out how to address failings that have seen one point and no goals in 180 home minutes.

Mowbray outdone again today. Not a surprise because Hughton is a top operator at this level who knows how to dig wins out of difficult situations.

We don't do that which is why we will never be serious promotion contenders. What I'd give for a couple of those Forest performances and wins. Starting midweek at Watford.

We need more in the locker than what we've served up the last two games.

What was being hailed as a brilliant start is actually now a mediocre start with a decent goal difference. 7 points from 15 is OK. Nothing more than that.

Did the manager not make four signings on deadline day?

He obviously feels there are areas that need addressing.

A team consisting of Douglas, Armstrong,Dack, Elliot, Dolan ,Rothwell and Holtby will create chances.

I'm not the manager's biggest fan but crikey look at the amount of players unavailable today, we are analysing a midfield that barring an injury crisis I would put money on them not starting all together again.

Just now, islander200 said:

Did the manager not make four signings on deadline day?

He obviously feels there are areas that need addressing.

A team consisting of Douglas, Armstrong,Dack, Elliot, Dolan ,Rothwell and Holtby will create chances.

I'm not the manager's biggest fan but crikey look at the amount of players unavailable today, we are analysing a midfield that barring an injury crisis I would put money on them not starting all together again.

None of which matters. What matters is what happens between the whistles on matchday. 

Don't get points or prizes for injuries or deadline day business.

• Like 1

Just now, bazza said:

I thought Buckley was OK but his two partners in midfield were abysmal.

Forest were well organised like Cardiff were but I thought that they were lucky for the whole of the game. They had the rub of the green. In the last 30 minutes I lost count of the times I shouted at my screen, "You jammy gits!". Even their goal was a jammy deflection.

So annoying.

I agree with you bazza but collectively we were second best, particularly in an attacking sense.

15 minutes ago, islander200 said:

When you saw Evans and Johnson together in the starting line up did you think we were likely to create a lot of chances today?

Do you not think that players such as Dack, Elliot, Rothwell and Holtby would have made a difference today?

Douglas coming in at left back ,do you not think his wand of a left foot will aid us in creating chances?

We were poor today no doubt but is it just me that can see the amount of players missing from the squad today?

Yes, I don’t think we’ll line up like this every week. But barely a sniff on goal in 180 minutes is unacceptable - whichever way you mask it up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Johnson is more likely to score or create a goal than the £7 Million waste of space.

Why are you mentioning Brereton in that post.They don't play the same position.

And like I said in a previous post when every body fit it will be Armstrong, Dack, Elliot as the front 3.

Brereton doesn't play as a striker for us.He was ok v Bournemouth,better at Wycombe and excellent at Derby.Been poor the last 2 games but so has Dolan and Armstrong.

Breretons runs and general play led to goals in the Wycombe and Derby matches.

I find it pretty pathetic your obsession with Brereton, he didn't put the 7 million price tag on his head, didn't force Mowbray to pay it, as far as I'm aware he has never bigged himself up but this season at least he has been trying.And whatever you say he did play well in the first 3 games, last 2 games not many have played well

• Like 1