BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nottingham Forest Home

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Like what?  What is this something?  To me he, lacks pace, lacks strength, lacks power, lacks aerial ability and lacks shots/goals...so, what is the something apart  from his sideways academy football passes where the result doesn't matter?

Well considering he played an absolute peach of a ball to Armstrong for his assist he must hit some forward passes

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Well considering he played an absolute peach of a ball to Armstrong for his assist he must hit some forward passes

You mean the one when we were 3 up and game was won by his mates before he came on? ? 

Give it a rest. Flat track bully that lad.

Needs to go out on loan theres no room now we have some men in the building. I'd sell him outright if anyone would take him

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You mean the one when we were 3 up and game was won by his mates before he came on? ? 

Needs to go out on loan theres no room now we have some men in the building. I'd sell him outright if anyone would take him

It was you in the Blackburn End Enclosure slagging Wilcox off one half and Mark Atkins the other.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

It was you in the Blackburn End Enclosure slagging Wilcox off one half and Mark Atkins the other.

Used to love watching handbag when he was breaking through in the reserves. Midweek reserve games under the lights were great.  Pound to get in, tube of cherry boiled sweets from the snack shop round the back.....fabulous.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I can't trust you as a judge of player.

You said Dack was a crap signing and rubbish player.Now our best player 

You said Mols was an exceptional talent.Now at some Spanish Fourth division side 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Johnson isn’t an attacking player. He’s just as slow as Evans. Just has more technical ability and a better boot on him. Never an attacking player. Seems to huff and puff after making a 10 yard dart.

But he can score from distance. Evans does not have this ability. Of the two Evans is the better holding player, Johnson is the more likely to score, so why play them in the opposite roles?

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Used to love watching handbag when he was breaking through in the reserves. Midweek reserve games under the lights were great.  Pound to get in, tube of cherry boiled sweets from the snack shop round the back.....fabulous.

Thought so! Must be great to be able to keep it going. If Buckley goes who's next, Grayson? How's your golden child Mols doing these days?

You've clearly got an axe to grind with Buckley for some reason. I'm glad it's not just me that can see the youngster has clearly got bags of potential. For the record I don't see much in Grayson either but I wouldn't slag him off in a public forum either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I can't trust you as a judge of player.

You said Dack was a crap signing and rubbish player.Now our best player 

You said Mols was an exceptional talent.Now at some Spanish Fourth division side 

Put the proof here lah....

Mols is a good player, I don't care what you say.

Just now, darrenrover said:

Thought so! Must be great to be able to keep it going. If Buckley goes who's next, Grayson? How's your golden child Mols doing these days?

You've clearly got an axe to grind with Buckley for some reason. I'm glad it's not just me that can see the youngster has clearly got bags of potential. For the record I don't see much in Grayson either but I wouldn't slag him off in a public forum either.

Never slagged him off personally, just his ability as a footballer....this is a rovers forum and he is employed by the club...

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Johnson isn’t an attacking player. He’s just as slow as Evans. Just has more technical ability and a better boot on him. Never an attacking player. Seems to huff and puff after making a 10 yard dart.

I disagree that Johnson is technically better than Evans. Evans is very limited but he is neat and tidy, you can give him the ball on the half turn and he wont usually give it away. Johnson is really poor technically, it was his poor pass that led to the winner and he has tried to pick the ball up off the defence countless times and had the ball taken off him in his time here, he has been lucky that it hasnt led to more goals. He is a powerful player though and has scored lots of goals at this level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Never slagged him off personally, just his ability as a footballer....this is a rovers forum and he is employed by the club...

It's your opinion, thankfully you're not on Rovers payroll. Hopefully you're also not in any professional role involved in coaching young adults in any capacity.

If someone doesnt rate a player, a forum is the perfect place to share such an opinion. I dont see how that warrants comments about the relief of the poster not working for the club, it doesnt mean that in that scenario he would just repeatedly tell the player how much he doesnt rate him.

There is also an element of hypocrisy in saying that you "dont see much in Grayson" only to immediately follow it by saying that you wouldnt say so on a public forum!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LDRover said:

Well according to the FB illuminati not only should we roll out the red carpet to Venkys but we should also aim for Top 10 this season.

It’s like they don’t see the matches. Probably the same people that scowled at me when I had my black and yellow scarf on back in the day. “Those protests aren’t helping the team spirit...”. 

They’ll get their wish of mid table security/obscurity with Tony the dinosaur in charge. It’s clear the start of the campaign was a fluke. Today and the Cardiff was classic Tony.

I honestly do think that he wants to drag out our promotion challenge a few more seasons, so he can retire with the ‘no promotion bonus’ that’s been in place at Rovers for a while. If we get promoted with him in charge, we’d definitely keep him as manager and we’d be down by Christmas(or whatever time of year that stage of the season would fall nowadays) and he’d probably be replaced by a random SEM guy.  

• Mike E unpinned this topic
7 hours ago, darrenrover said:

F*ck off with your ballet references ARA, as you say I'd be at Covent Garden in preference to Ewood if that were the case, out of order.

I've stated my opinion regarding the past and also regarding the future. I'm far from Mowbray's biggest fan but am prepared to give him and his team the benefit of the doubt for now that they can get a proper tune out of the squad he has assembled between now and the rest of the season. He really has no excuses now.

Edit: apologies if my opening comment was a touch strong but I'm angered by the reference and todays performance.

My apologies, no offence was meant.

Yesterday we were tripe but I accept that TM has considerably strengthened the squad this window and when all are fit to play the first 11 will, I hope, in no way resemble yesterdays. As a 60+ year supporter of Rovers I should be used to our playing well one week and like donkeys the next. I'm not.

I had hoped that the new signings would have made those playing yesterday determined to fight for their places. It seemed that most sunk into depression.

Me too

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, islander200 said:

My god.Do you think we will line up with a midfield 3 of Johnson, Evans and Buckley many times this season.

When you saw Evans and Johnson together in the starting line up did you think we were likely to create a lot of chances today?

Do you not think that players such as Dack, Elliot, Rothwell and Holtby would have made a difference today?

Douglas coming in at left back ,do you not think his wand of a left foot will aid us in creating chances?

We were poor today no doubt but is it just me that can see the amount of players missing from the squad today?

By my count we had 11 unavailable today.

Pears

Elliott

Williams

Rothwell

Bennett

JRC

Travis 

Dack

Butterworth

Vale

Holtby

Douglas and Trybull were technically available but too recently signed to be considered so make that 13 out.

Edited by philipl

12 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So you think they played well and created clear cut chances? I seem to recall their undeserved winner taking a cruel / lucky deflection. 

I think our GK only had one decent save to make. Thrilling(!)

Think Kaminski had about 3 good saves. one from Lyle Taylor from the edge of the penalty box after he came on, one from Ameobi (towards the end), and one from a corner. Then our goalpost were hit twice too, from Ameobi shot and a cross which hit the top post. I don't really recall us troubling their keeper.

Forest deserved to win, just alittle bit more than us. They had a plan - came to defend. And yet, created more chances, and scored one more goal than us in 90 minutes. We just didnt know what to do with the ball despite all those possession in defence. For me, the midfield cost us the game today, there was just no bridge between the defence and attacking 3. All i can see is Ayala pumping long balls forward and expecting Dolan (of all people) to win headers. Lenihan tried the same thing but his long balls are worse than his defending. Couple of times, Armstrong had to come deep to try to get the ball but Buckley was so adamant he wants to keep hold of the ball and do something creative with it.

On the bright side, we will have better quality players walking into the first XI sooner rather than later. 

1 hour ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Think Kaminski had about 3 good saves. one from Lyle Taylor from the edge of the penalty box after he came on, one from Ameobi (towards the end), and one from a corner. Then our goalpost were hit twice too, from Ameobi shot and a cross which hit the top post. I don't really recall us troubling their keeper.

Forest deserved to win, just alittle bit more than us. They had a plan - came to defend. And yet, created more chances, and scored one more goal than us in 90 minutes. We just didnt know what to do with the ball despite all those possession in defence. For me, the midfield cost us the game today, there was just no bridge between the defence and attacking 3. All i can see is Ayala pumping long balls forward and expecting Dolan (of all people) to win headers. Lenihan tried the same thing but his long balls are worse than his defending. Couple of times, Armstrong had to come deep to try to get the ball but Buckley was so adamant he wants to keep hold of the ball and do something creative with it.

On the bright side, we will have better quality players walking into the first XI sooner rather than later. 

We had 6 (SIX) shots and just 2 on target. I think that includes the weak bobbler from BB straight to their keeper. 

In aerial duels we won 35%, I suspect most of those won were in our defence.

We tried 16 crosses and succeeded with just 3

For all our 60.9% possession we created very little with just 2 ''Key'' passes all game.

I don't know what qualifies as such a pass but assume it creates some chance of a goal.

I re-watched the game this morning, well the better 2nd half anyway as I missed a bit of that when live.

Gallagher wasn't as bad as I thought and Chapman not as bad as many others thought.

Bell continually hits an opposition player when passing or crossing and looks like he is unaware of their existence.

Brereton should stop diving. He's just not very good at it, looks a prat and Refs now have his card marked on that caper.

Forest showed more urgency than us late in the game and just about deserved their win.

Finally, Freeman is a twat and so is Arter so Gally gets an extra mark for leaving his on Harry boy.

I thought they were much better than us, which I suppose was helped by a new manager bounce.

They hit the bar, the post, headed over a practically open goal and Kaminski had to make 3 good saves.

We had a Brereton shot that there keeper could have put his foot on to save.

Disappointed with Buckley today, the way some on here go in about him you would think he was near Tugays level.

Hopefully with Holtby and Trybull in there along with Rothwell to come back and Travis in the new year, he can go out and get a loan somewhere in Jan so he can play some meaningful games for somebody instead of the non descript u23 games here. Hopefully he will then come back next season ready to start and impact games for us.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, philipl said:

By my count we had 11 unavailable today.

Pears

Elliott

Williams

Rothwell

Bennett

JRC

Travis 

Dack

Butterworth

Vale

Holtby

Douglas and Trybull were technically available but too recently signed to be considered so make that 13 out.

Excellent point,you would probably say 6 or 7 of those if fit would be in the match day squad and at least 5 in the starting line up, 

Early doors, let’s see where we are at Christmas.

Apologies if this has been covered earlier but why did Mowbray bring a tall centre forward on and play him wide[I know that has been covered] and then bring a winger on and play him in the no.10 role central? A player who can dribble, take a full back on and can cross a ball from out wide? Yet again Mowbray persisting with SG out wide is just not funny now!

• Like 1