BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nottingham Forest Home

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

Mowbray didn't grant Holtby paternity leave, he was entitled to take it as in the law 

Guess we have to accept that even though its very unusual. Nothing more precious than birth of your own child  Rooney allegedly did it about 10 years ago.

Question now is will or can he get back for Wednesday's game and will he be virus free and match fit? Manager's call.

Edited by Cherry Blue

Can someone tell me if I'm imagining things here, because I didn't think it at the time, but having just watched the highlights, Kaminski looks awfully slow to react to the deflection. He doesn't seem to have overcommitted himself to going the other way and I dunno, it just looked like he had time to react and make a fist of stopping it.

Maybe it's just the angle the highlight is at.

21 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Can someone tell me if I'm imagining things here, because I didn't think it at the time, but having just watched the highlights, Kaminski looks awfully slow to react to the deflection. He doesn't seem to have overcommitted himself to going the other way and I dunno, it just looked like he had time to react and make a fist of stopping it.

I've not seen it from behind, was there another angle from behind? Otherwise its tough to see properly 

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Kaminski already committed to side stepping to his right when Lolley took the shot. It was that moment the shot hit Johnson's half-assed attempt to block the ball and wrong-footed Kaminski. It's just unfortunate.

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I've not seen it from behind, was there another angle from behind? Otherwise its tough to see properly 

EFL Quest show it from behind the goal. Keeper beaten by the deflection which went in just by the post. He had no chance.

When I saw it live and on replay with the side on view I thought the Keeper was slow to react. Not the case.

Johnson had a mare in that one.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Here we go already, "let's give him until Christmas" etc.

Hopefully we won't have played ourselves completely out of contention barring a miraculous run by then.

Seemingly we have the players to mount a realistic challenge this season, we just need the manager.

We're 3 points off 4th come on Revidge let's have a little patience at least…

If we're in a similar position in 5 games time then maybe you're right, we have a decent run of games coming after Watford!

23 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

We had a couple of midfielders out that normally play. That's it.

Same front 3, better defence with Ayala and same keeper.

Normally agree with you Hoochie but games like that are won and lost in the midfield, as cliché as that sounds. Think you're understating it.

Rothwell Tavis (less of a miss as we knew he was missing this game) and Holtby would've made a huge difference given the performances of Johnson, Evans and Buckley.

Imagine Everton if they lost Allan, Doucoure and Rodriguez all at once. Any team in the world would struggle missing their first 3 CM choices.

23 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

If we're in a similar position in 5 games time then maybe you're right, we have a decent run of games coming after Watford!

Its the games after Watford that are the concern. Nicely placed with 2 home games on the spin the other week, 4 points should have been the minimum and we end up with one. How many times in the last two seasons have we just on the edge of the playoffs with decent games to come and we've ended up going backwards

• Like 3

8 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Kaminski already committed to side stepping to his right when Lolley took the shot. It was that moment the shot hit Johnson's half-assed attempt to block the ball and wrong-footed Kaminski. It's just unfortunate.

I know he had committed. As I said in my post, he didnt look to have over committed and like he still had time to adjust. I could do with seeing the  behind the goal view again really.

49 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Normally agree with you Hoochie but games like that are won and lost in the midfield, as cliché as that sounds. Think you're understating it.

Rothwell Tavis (less of a miss as we knew he was missing this game) and Holtby would've made a huge difference given the performances of Johnson, Evans and Buckley.

Imagine Everton if they lost Allan, Doucoure and Rodriguez all at once. Any team in the world would struggle missing their first 3 CM choices.

They were missed but my point was more about the fact Mowbray had said the team was 'thrown together'. It wasn't.

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well I didn't buy a season ticket due to being made redundant when they went on sale originally if you remember properly. Now with it looking increasing likely we won't be in stadium before March at the earlier. I not a fan of the Live I follow coverage and the time delay with the service. Now if you want to watch I follow coverage of Rovers that is fine with me But I know people who arent interested in watching Rovers this way. Yesterday I didn't watch or listen live to any of Forest game just for record. 

Out of interest, it looks like the midweek games are back on the sky red button starting this week, will you be watching those?

Because the time delay on those is even worse than ifollow, and the coverage is pretty poor too.

23 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Here we go already, "let's give him until Christmas" etc.

Hopefully we won't have played ourselves completely out of contention barring a miraculous run by then.

Seemingly we have the players to mount a realistic challenge this season, we just need the manager.

No, I didn’t say “give him till Christmas” I said see where we are at Christmas, but you and others want him out every time we have bad result.

I personally think he’s a decent manager, bought well in this window in a difficult time, unlucky we have a few injuries and unavailability of players,the time to judge is 15 or so games,and give the new signings to bed in.

Think 90% on here were happy with his transfer dealings, and a reasonable start, just wait till we get the main players back and see where we are....

I'd say that most supporters and people in the game, would agree that he is a decent manager, indeed I'd go further and say he is a loyal and decent man too. He can see and talk with passion about the game, emphasize loyalty that is otherwise lacking in football, he is able to sell this viewpoint which can bring on board players and supporters, almost all those who depart have nothing to say other than compliments about the man.

I would say that "I think" (as I have no actual evidence to support this claim), that perhaps he is let down by his support staff, coaches, backroom team. If I was Waggott I would be undertaking an impartial review of these rather than ToMo, to asses the entire coaching team's performance and consider what if any additional or replacement help might be needed. Resilience, mental toughness, winning ethos, conversion to succeed, worryingly we keep flirting with building on momentum, only to then see it stutter. 

1 minute ago, Boz said:

I'd say that most supporters and people in the game, would agree that he is a decent manager, indeed I'd go further and say he is a loyal and decent man too. He can see and talk with passion about the game, emphasize loyalty that is otherwise lacking in football, he is able to sell this viewpoint which can bring on board players and supporters, almost all those who depart have nothing to say other than compliments about the man.

I would say that "I think" (as I have no actual evidence to support this claim), that perhaps he is let down by his support staff, coaches, backroom team. If I was Waggott I would be undertaking an impartial review of these rather than ToMo, to asses the entire coaching team's performance and consider what if any additional or replacement help might be needed. Resilience, mental toughness, winning ethos, conversion to succeed, worryingly we keep flirting with building on momentum, only to then see it stutter. 

I could be wrong but hasn't he appointed all the backroom staff ?

• Like 3

And couldn't that 'loyalty and decency' which seems to be part of TM's DNA, lead to internal clashes - Mowbray vs. Waggott, even - if any such Review recommended getting rid of some of the backroom staff? That could be a real test for TM: loyalty to long-standing colleagues [say, Venus] vs. keeping his own job.

Having said that, I don't actually think it would come to that because I couldn't see Waggott having the cojones, as they say in Spanish football ? , to commission such a Review.

Unless, of course, our Owners ordered him to. And are they really that interested in us?

2 hours ago, m1st said:

And couldn't that 'loyalty and decency' which seems to be part of TM's DNA, lead to internal clashes - Mowbray vs. Waggott, even - if any such Review recommended getting rid of some of the backroom staff? That could be a real test for TM: loyalty to long-standing colleagues [say, Venus] vs. keeping his own job.

Having said that, I don't actually think it would come to that because I couldn't see Waggott having the cojones, as they say in Spanish football ? , to commission such a Review.

Unless, of course, our Owners ordered him to. And are they really that interested in us?

In my bit of Spain the don't use the word " cojones " in that context, it's always " huevos " ( eggs ) when they mean balls

8 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Out of interest, it looks like the midweek games are back on the sky red button starting this week, will you be watching those?

Because the time delay on those is even worse than ifollow, and the coverage is pretty poor too.

I will be at work so Will watch the game after when I come home in the morning. 

On 19/10/2020 at 01:03, roversfan99 said:

Unavailability played a part but so did Mowbrays tactical mistakes. As you say, Gallagher should have gone central, and having him wide and Chapman as a 10 was bizarre.

This too is a familiar story.

• Like 1

On 19/10/2020 at 04:08, yellowsubmarine said:

For those criticising Kaminski look where Johnson is though- I know the ball was travelling relatively slowly but Johnson is so deep it doesn't give an off balance Kaminski positioned to dive to his right to gather the shot any chance to shift his weight to go left.

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I will be at work so Will watch the game after when I come home in the morning. 

But I meant in general, if you weren't at work would you watch them on the red button? A service that is more behind, and of worse quality than ifollow?

22 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

We've had all these arguments over the last 2 seasons. What you say is of course correct but another way of looking at it is we're 3 points off it after ONLY 5 games. Extrapolate that over 46 games and.......

We're also 3 points off 18th. Massive improvement needed on performance levels shown  in the last 2 games. I'd say we need 4 points minimum from Watford and Coventry.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We've had all these arguments over the last 2 seasons. What you say is of course correct but another way of looking at it is we're 3 points off it after ONLY 5 games. Extrapolate that over 46 games and.......

We're also 3 points off 18th. Massive improvement needed on performance levels shown  in the last 2 games. I'd say we need 4 points minimum from Watford and Coventry.

Well Notts Forest may as well forfeit all their games then because on that reckoning their season is well and truly over ..

• Like 1