Jump to content
philipl

Nottingham Forest Home

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, unsall said:

Excellent point,you would probably say 6 or 7 of those if fit would be in the match day squad and at least 5 in the starting line up, 

Early doors, let’s see where we are at Christmas.

Here we go already, "let's give him until Christmas" etc.

Hopefully we won't have played ourselves completely out of contention barring a miraculous run by then.

Seemingly we have the players to mount a realistic challenge this season, we just need the manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Have to say, the new signings won't make much difference because of Tony's well documented faults over poor selection and tactics and motivation. Unless some of the new lads such as Douglas who knows what is takes to get us promoted and can galvanise the dressing room, we're likely to end up in mid table again. We shouldn't have lost today and I just don't us getting anywhere this season - and that's all down to the manager. 

This.

Can anyone say we really looked up for it yesterday? We didn't really look that arsed, moving the ball around at snail's pace and standing about completely stationary waiting to receive the ball.

We've done exactly the same as in recent seasons, get into a promising looking position then chuck in two terribly lame performances. The new faces may help but there'd have to be a complete overhaul of the general attitude and tempo as well.

If you didn't know any better you'd think someone else like Johnson had been in charge of the side for the first three League games and Newcastle and that Mowbray had  resumed duties for the last two.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kie_BRFC said:

In other news, glad we didn’t sign that Freeman when we were linked last summer. Fat, lazy and a gobshite 

Scored an absolute belter in the last game plus scored 8 and assisted 6 in his last season at this level. If we had signed him, maybe we wouldnt have been lumbered with Brereton.

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

Can’t believe folk are posting teams again without Rothwell in them. First name on the team sheet for me.

How? Over Armstrong, Kaminski, Ayala, Lenihan, Nyambe etc? He repeatedly flatters to deceive, he played against Cardiff in a similar game and was totally ineffective when the onus was on him to unlock a stubborn defence. I hope this is the season that it all comes together but hope more than expect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having watched the game for the1st time. Only found out the result yesterday evening. 

We badly missed Holtby and Rothwell. Holtby for his passing quick and eye for pass and Rothwell running and dribble ability. Buckley couldn't provide the spark need. Our back 4 were solid and look good defensive. Kaminski good. Had nil nil all over it until their lucky deflected gola

Would have like us to gone 4-4-2 in game second half with Gallagher and Armstrong up front

I can understand why Trybull and Douglas weren't on bench. Probably not even had a training session with the players yet. Elliott and Pears weren't signed in time for game with cut off time 12pm Friday dinnertime. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Having watched the game for the1st time. Only found out the result yesterday evening. 

We badly missed Holtby and Rothwell. Holtby for his passing quick and eye for pass and Rothwell running and dribble ability. Buckley couldn't provide the spark need. Our back 4 were solid and look good defensive. Kaminski good. Had nil nil all over it until their lucky deflected gola

Would have like us to gone 4-4-2 in game second half with Gallagher and Armstrong up front

I can understand why Trybull and Douglas weren't on bench. Probably not even had a training session with the players yet. Elliott and Pears weren't signed in time for game with cut off time 12pm Friday dinnertime. 

We had both Holtby and Rothwell v Cardiff and they couldnt do anything in a very similar game, so I suspect that it is a little inaccurate to imply that with them, it would have been a different story.

Unavailability played a part but so did Mowbrays tactical mistakes. As you say, Gallagher should have gone central, and having him wide and Chapman as a 10 was bizarre. Also, having Johnson in front of the back 4 was costly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We had both Holtby and Rothwell v Cardiff and they couldnt do anything in a very similar game, so I suspect that it is a little inaccurate to imply that with them, it would have been a different story.

Unavailability played a part but so did Mowbrays tactical mistakes. As you say, Gallagher should have gone central, and having him wide and Chapman as a 10 was bizarre. Also, having Johnson in front of the back 4 was costly.

2 different games for me. We sadly don't know how either would have gone. I think it would be very different with both on the pitch. 

for Me, Mowbray's tactics aren't the reason we lost yesterday at all. So that is very inaccurate to imply that at all. 

Chapman went central to run and dribble at them from the centre of the pitch similar to Rothwell role. You are very good with the hyperbole language. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Having watched the game for the1st time. Only found out the result yesterday evening. 

We badly missed Holtby and Rothwell. Holtby for his passing quick and eye for pass and Rothwell running and dribble ability. Buckley couldn't provide the spark need. Our back 4 were solid and look good defensive. Kaminski good. Had nil nil all over it until their lucky deflected gola

Would have like us to gone 4-4-2 in game second half with Gallagher and Armstrong up front

I can understand why Trybull and Douglas weren't on bench. Probably not even had a training session with the players yet. Elliott and Pears weren't signed in time for game with cut off time 12pm Friday dinnertime. 

Why would you be happy to rewatch the match but not watch it live?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

2 different games for me. We sadly don't know how either would have gone. I think it would be very different with both on the pitch. 

for Me, Mowbray's tactics aren't the reason we lost yesterday at all. So that is very inaccurate to imply that at all. 

Chapman went central to run and dribble at them from the centre of the pitch similar to Rothwell role. You are very good with the hyperbole language. 

I did acknowledge the unavailability and I didnt specifically say that his tactics were "the reason we lost" but they certainly contributed.

You yourself said that Gallagher should have played central, under absolutely no circumstances should he be playing out wide, its amazing that the journalists interviewing him never really question him on it considering that it never ever works yet he keeps persisting with it. Chapman was totally anonymous and lost as a number 10, it didnt work at all. So yes, the tactical make up of our attack in the second half was wrong and the fact that we created absolutely nothing was of little surprise.

Something that I have repeatedly said is that Johnson should not be sitting in front of the back 4, he is not good enough technically to be trusted in that area and regularly gives the ball away. He did, he was typically sloppy in possession, Evans offered absolutely nothing in a role further forward which again he is not suited too, and Johnson's misplaced pass led to the winner.

The game was similar in that the onus was on us to break down a side and we never came close to doing so, we lacked ideas, we lacked tempo, we lacked craft. Holtby and in particular Rothwell certainly have ability but more often than not flatter to deceive, we would much rather have them available but considering that they had no effect v Cardiff and often have games were they are totally anonymous, its hard to put too much stock in their absence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kie_BRFC said:

Why would you be happy to rewatch the match but not watch it live?

why you asking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, roversfan99 said:

You yourself said that Gallagher should have played central, under absolutely no circumstances should he be playing out wide,

I said I would like us to gone 2 up front as a plan B option, But no guaranteed that it would have change the result at all. It would be interested to see Gallagher's heat map on his positional yesterday. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

The game was similar in that the onus was on us to break down a side and we never came close to doing so, we lacked ideas, we lacked tempo, we lacked craft. Holtby and in particular Rothwell certainly have ability but more often than not flatter to deceive, we would much rather have them available but considering that they had no effect v Cardiff and often have games were they are totally anonymous, its hard to put too much stock in their absence.

The onus is both sides to be honest cos no games feel like normal home games as we have seen this weekend with only one home win in the entire league. With no fans instead, atmosphere is dead, No encouragement from fans. Cardiff and Forest are two very different teams for me. You cannot dominated every game and expect every players to be on song every game. But you do. Cardiff are a very solid team thats can play only 1 way. You failed to get Cardiff the credit they deserve for their performance. 

I do wonder at times what joy you get out of watching Rovers with your constantly criticism of the team, Mowbray and certain players. 

We didn't lose the Forest game cos of performance, tactics or effort but a lucky deflected goal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

atmosphere is dead,

That's been the case at Ewood long before the pandemic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I said I would like us to gone 2 up front as a plan B option, But no guaranteed that it would have change the result at all. It would be interested to see Gallagher's heat map on his positional yesterday. 

The onus is both sides to be honest cos no games feel like normal home games as we have seen this weekend with only one home win in the entire league. With no fans instead, atmosphere is dead, No encouragement from fans. Cardiff and Forest are two very different teams for me. You cannot dominated every game and expect every players to be on song every game. But you do. Cardiff are a very solid team thats can play only 1 way. You failed to get Cardiff the credit they deserve for their performance. 

I do wonder at times what joy you get out of watching Rovers with your constantly criticism of the team, Mowbray and certain players. 

We didn't lose the Forest game cos of performance, tactics or effort but a lucky deflected goal. 

I suspect that questioning whether I get any joy out of watching Rovers is a pathetic argument made in the absence of anything more logical. I appreciate that people have different circumstances but seeing as I have bought a season pass amidst the uncertainty of being able to attend any time soon, whereas you are unwilling to purchase the games due to the production values and slight delay, then I also find it quite hypocritical that you have resorted to questioning whether I even enjoy watching Rovers in general.

To be honest, I dont get any enjoyment out of watching my team put in a really poor performance and lose a home game against a side yet to pick up a point, it put me in a bad mood because it was the opposite of what I wanted to see. If that in any way questions my enjoyment or purpose of being a Rovers fan to others then so be it.

In regards to yesterdays performance, I couldnt give a shit what a heat map shows about Gallaghers positioning, I could see using my eyes that he was again stuck on the wing and that Mowbray got his tactics wrong in regards to the positioning of our midfield and attack. To suggest that the result was purely down to luck, missing players who failed to perform in the previous game or indeed suggest that no alternative tactics could have made a difference is just shutting down any concept of debate and discussion over what caused a poor performance and poor result. Forest could argue that they were incredibly unlucky to hit the post just before the goal, and I didnt hear people suggesting that Johnson was very lucky to score a massively deflected goal the other week.

Edited by roversfan99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

We didn't lose the Forest game cos of performance, tactics or effort but a lucky deflected goal. 

I would agree that the match had 0-0 written all over it. However, the general team performance was poor - with a number of players looking off the pace. Tactically - when we saw that Forest had bottled up the game - I would have played Gallagher centrally - with Armstrong just behind. Whichever way you look at it - we struggle against the better defensive teams. We have played three half decent teams in the league - and have one point to show for our efforts. I would agree we deserved more from those three matches - but we need to find a way of beating these teams or mid-table beckons again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I suspect that questioning whether I get any joy out of watching Rovers is a pathetic argument made in the absence of anything more logical. I appreciate that people have different circumstances but seeing as I have bought a season pass amidst the uncertainty of being able to attend any time soon, whereas you are unwilling to purchase the games due to the production values and slight delay, then I also find it quite hypocritical that you have resorted to questioning whether I even enjoy watching Rovers in general.

To be honest, I dont get any enjoyment out of watching my team put in a really poor performance and lose a home game against a side yet to pick up a point, it put me in a bad mood because it was the opposite of what I wanted to see. If that in any way questions my enjoyment or purpose of being a Rovers fan to others then so be it.

In regards to yesterdays performance, I couldnt give a shit what a heat map shows about Gallaghers positioning, I could see using my eyes that he was again stuck on the wing and that Mowbray got his tactics wrong in regards to the positioning of our midfield and attack. To suggest that the result was purely down to luck, missing players who failed to perform in the previous game or indeed suggest that no alternative tactics could have made a difference is just shutting down any concept of debate and discussion over what caused a poor performance and poor result. Forest could argue that they were incredibly unlucky to hit the post just before the goal, and I didnt hear people suggesting that Johnson was very lucky to score a massively deflected goal the other week.

It was genuine point as you don't enjoy the performances unless we win. We performed well at Bournemouth and Newcastle games. 

Well I didn't buy a season ticket due to being made redundant when they went on sale originally if you remember properly. Now with it looking increasing likely we won't be in stadium before March at the earlier. I not a fan of the Live I follow coverage and the time delay with the service. Now if you want to watch I follow coverage of Rovers that is fine with me But I know people who arent interested in watching Rovers this way. Yesterday I didn't watch or listen live to any of Forest game just for record. 

Forest manager has said they got a lucky deflection with their goal that was heading for nil nil all day long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

It was genuine point as you don't enjoy the performances unless we win. We performed well at Bournemouth and Newcastle games. 

Well I didn't buy a season ticket due to being made redundant when they went on sale originally if you remember properly. Now with it looking increasing likely we won't be in stadium before March at the earlier. I not a fan of the Live I follow coverage and the time delay with the service. Now if you want to watch I follow coverage of Rovers that is fine with me But I know people who arent interested in watching Rovers this way. Yesterday I didn't watch or listen live to any of Forest game just for record. 

Forest manager has said they got a lucky deflection with their goal that was heading for nil nil all day long. 

Isnt that quite normal? I dont enjoy "good performances" (matter of opinion) if we lose and I never have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsor
7 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I would agree that the match had 0-0 written all over it. However, the general team performance was poor - with a number of players looking off the pace. Tactically - when we saw that Forest had bottled up the game - I would have played Gallagher centrally - with Armstrong just behind. Whichever way you look at it - we struggle against the better defensive teams. We have played three half decent teams in the league - and have one point to show for our efforts. I would agree we deserved more from those three matches - but we need to find a way of beating these teams or mid-table beckons again

I don't disagree that our performance was poor but after an international break(again) plus Holtby out for paternity reasons, Rothwell and Williams having to self isolated. The midfield 3 look like it hasn't been worked out so thats would suggest those 3 werent down to start the game before Rothwell self isolated problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Isnt that quite normal? I dont enjoy "good performances" (matter of opinion) if we lose and I never have.

I enjoyed watching good performances as well as wins. I enjoyed our we outclassed a Newcastle team worth 100 million plus and the Bournemouth performance. 

No-one like losing and never will. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst case scenario should have been a point yesterday, we got nothing, what does that tell you about the state of affairs? Piss poor in every way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It was genuine point as you don't enjoy the performances unless we win. We performed well at Bournemouth and Newcastle games. 

Well I didn't buy a season ticket due to being made redundant when they went on sale originally if you remember properly. Now with it looking increasing likely we won't be in stadium before March at the earlier. I not a fan of the Live I follow coverage and the time delay with the service. Now if you want to watch I follow coverage of Rovers that is fine with me But I know people who arent interested in watching Rovers this way. Yesterday I didn't watch or listen live to any of Forest game just for record. 

Forest manager has said they got a lucky deflection with their goal that was heading for nil nil all day long. 

So you’d rather watch it when it’s finished, how’s that for a time delay?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Kie_BRFC said:

So you’d rather watch it when it’s finished, how’s that for a time delay?

 

I worked nights Kie so I am asleep in the afternoons. I've just finished my 1st week in my new job. 

I didnt come on the site afternnon/last night after seeing no match highlights or match reports. Watched the game today, read a few match reports and analysis of the game.also today. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Forest manager has said they got a lucky deflection with their goal that was heading for nil nil all day long. 

Heading for 0-0? They hit the post just before they scored and forced a decent save out of Kaminski not long before that. Whilst we were certainly heading for nil they were coming on strongly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I enjoyed watching good performances as well as wins. I enjoyed our we outclassed a Newcastle team worth 100 million plus and the Bournemouth performance. 

No-one like losing and never will. 

 

 

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't disagree that our performance was poor but after an international break(again) plus Holtby out for paternity reasons, Rothwell and Williams having to self isolated. The midfield 3 look like it hasn't been worked out so thats would suggest those 3 werent down to start the game before Rothwell self isolated problem. 

I didnt enjoy watching either of those games particularly, of course mainly due to the results although the concept of entertainment is subjective and clearly we hold different opinions. In the Newcastle game, we did plenty of passing it across the back 4 in non dangerous areas but I never felt at any point during the night that we were likely to score, and so it proved. Against Bournemouth, I think the only 2 shots on target were the goals (one of which was a huge mistake by the goalkeeper from a speculative shot, surely if Lolley was lucky, again so was Johnson?!) and indeed I never felt that we was likely to win the game based on the performance.

Maybe it is slightly pedantic but Holtby and Trybull technically weren't unavailable, both were fit and well and in the latters case registered in time but ultimately Mowbray himself chose to grant Holtby paternity leave and leave Trybull out of consideration. Although the main issue was his use of the midfielders that he had left, Johnson is technically not very good and cant really pass but he is a powerful unit and a goal threat, whereas Evans is neat and tidy although if he goes over the half way line he gets a nosebleed. Why he put Johnson as the shield and Evans further forward is beyond me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Heading for 0-0? They hit the post just before they scored and forced a decent save out of Kaminski not long before that. Whilst we were certainly heading for nil they were coming on strongly.

Helped by Rovers going into Calamity Jane mode for the last ten minutes as well.

It was clear the confidence that any Rovers player could make a pass and we'd keep possession had drained out of the entire side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mowbray didn't grant Holtby paternity leave, he was entitled to take it as in the law 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't disagree that our performance was poor but after an international break(again) plus Holtby out for paternity reasons, Rothwell and Williams having to self isolated. The midfield 3 look like it hasn't been worked out so thats would suggest those 3 werent down to start the game before Rothwell self isolated problem. 

This season (more than any) we can't blame the absence of players as an excuse. IMO Mowbrays excuses post match were poor - at the end of the day he should be prepared for various eventualities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.