Stergiakis

Wharton

Douglas

Evans

Trybull

Chapman

Gally 

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Potentially, Buckley and Davenport to start for me.

I'd be really surprised if Davenport starts. Mowbray has been very keen to not play him, to the point of signing Trybull. Seems like (to me anyway) the pecking order for the midfield 3  is Travis, Holtby, Johnson, Rothwell, Buckley, Trybull, Evans, Davenport. 

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Trybull and Douglas eligible.

Douglas has just come from the Bielsa training regime.

He should be the most ready to play today at the club!

The line up almost certainly is going to be 

Kaminski

Nyambi  Ayala. Lenihan. Douglas

Trybull Johnson. Buckley

Gallagher Armstrong  Brereton

Subs Stergiakos Wharton Evans Dolan Chapman Bell Davenport

With 9 out and Elliott and Pears signed too late it pretty well picks itself.

Hopefully that is  the last time this season I will write that Mowbray has no choice in choosing the 18. 

It is possible there are more covid problems than we know about and some more under 23s get promoted to the bench.

The 18 at Watford will have Holtby Pears and Elliott available and I guess JRC Carter Williams and Rothwell come back into contention for Coventry. Talk about intense competition for places and that will be without long term absentees Dack Travis Bennett Vale and Butterworth

Edited by philipl

3 hours ago, philipl said:

Douglas has just come from the Bielsa training regime.

He should be the most ready to play today at the club!

The line up almost certainly is going to be 

Kaminski

Nyambi  Ayala. Lenihan. Douglas

Trybull Johnson. Buckley

Gallagher Armstrong  Brereton

Subs Stergiakos Wharton Evans Dolan Chapman Bell Davenport

With 9 out and Elliott and Pears signed too late it pretty well picks itself.

Hopefully that is  the last time this season I will write that Mowbray has no choice in choosing the 18. 

It is possible there are more covid problems than we know about and some more under 23s get promoted to the bench.

The 18 at Watford will have Holtby Pears and Elliott available and I guess JRC Carter Williams and Rothwell come back into contention for Coventry. Talk about intense competition for places and that will be without long term absentees Dack Travis Bennett Vale and Butterworth

Can’t see him throwing Douglas or Trybull in From the start without a full days training.

Either way, what’s good is that even with Travis, Holtby and potentially Rothwell out we still have some good options left in Johnson, Trybull, Buckley, Davenport and Evans. That’s 7 players for 3 spots...once Trav gets back they’re going to have to release Davenport on loan imo.

11 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Can’t see him throwing Douglas or Trybull in From the start without a full days training.

Either way, what’s good is that even with Travis, Holtby and potentially Rothwell out we still have some good options left in Johnson, Trybull, Buckley, Davenport and Evans. That’s 7 players for 3 spots...once Trav gets back they’re going to have to release Davenport on loan imo.

Could see Evans in for Trybull but I bet he won't resist throwing in Douglas and Gallagher onto the park together.

Even though Douglas doesn't meet Bielsa's natural athleticism, I bet his medical has shown him to be near the top of Rovers' fitness ratings. 

2 minutes ago, philipl said:

Could see Evans in for Trybull but I bet he won't resist throwing in Douglas and Gallagher onto the park together.

Even though Douglas doesn't meet Bielsa's natural athleticism, I bet his medical has shown him to be near the top of Rovers' fitness ratings. 

Interesting. See I also agree that he’ll be lickin his lips at the prospect of Douglas swinging crosses to the back post for Gally to throw himself at....but he’s loving this new set up and I think he’ll want to get on the training ground with them both first. Maybe he’ll throw them both on at some point. See if it clicks..

If Rothwell isn’t fit I’m almost certain it will be Evans Johnson Buckley which is more balanced. Evans fitness is a pain but when fit he very rarely lets us down imo.

Trybull is a 6 (Pivot) by all accounts. Plays at the base of the three, breaks play up and distributes. He’s covering Johnson who won’t be able to play twice a week until Christmas and based on last season could just fizzle out completely. Davenport, if he can kick on is a natural successor for Johnson next season.

Trav, Holtby, Rothwell, Evans and Buckley are 8’s. High energy, ‘up and downers’ with varied skills sets..(Evans and Trav more combative whilst the others are more creative).

Nit sure how I’ve got into 6’s and 8’s ?? but it’s clear we’re trying to emulate something like Klopps Liverpool...

• Like 1

Set up nicely for a Rovers defeat.  First.game after the international break we always seem lethargic.  Forest new manager bounce.  Optimism and hope sky high from the fans.  Forest been on a poor run, all the ingredients for a Rovers defeat casserole.  Fingers crossed we batter em but unlikely.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Set up nicely for a Rovers defeat.  First.game after the international break we always seem lethargic.  Forest new manager bounce.  Optimism and hope sky high from the fans.  Forest been on a poor run, all the ingredients for a Rovers defeat casserole.  Fingers crossed we batter em but unlikely.

Yeah I'm feeling a bit similar to this. Never seen optimism like this (certainly not a complaint mind!) for a long time. I imagine the Forest camp is also pretty optimistic too with the new gaffer on board.

Just hope if things don't quite go to plan today we don't see a massive knee jerk reaction.

The difference right now is pretty much every player on that pitch for us today knows if he doesn't shape up, there's someone in the squad to take their place.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Swanson said:

That "project" is hopefully over now, with both Dolan and Elliott able to play there.

I think it will be a tactic from the bench if anything. Well, I hope so. Against stubborn teams that are difficult to break down, throw on SG on the right and try those far post balls for him to miss sitters (like last time)

Tough game today, they've got matchwinners in the likes of Grabban, Knockeart, Lyle Taylor and Freeman (and whoever else they've signed in the last few days). They've spent quite a bit of money this summer (£7m on 2 CB's alone) and have some good players.

Hughton will have them organised.

Hopefully they are still in disarray after 4 defeats on the bounce but I have a horrible feeling they'll get something from the game.

Big test of our top 6 credentials.

Rovers 1 Forest 2

Attn - 168

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 1