BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nottingham Forest Home

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

None of which matters. What matters is what happens between the whistles on matchday. 

Don't get points or prizes for injuries or deadline day business.

Ridiculous response.So missing about 6 players that potentially start doesn't make a difference.

You think other clubs wouldn't struggle with that amount out?

Ok so we might aswell forget about the rest of the season so because you are basically saying the players returning and due to come into the side won't make a difference

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

but this season at least he has been trying.

'At least he's been trying'. Dear me that just about sums up how low people's expectations are for him and just how useless he is. You can't point to any goals or assists from an attacker but only to the fact that at least he has been trying. 

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 5

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

'At least he's been trying'. Dear me that just about sums up how low people's expectations are for him and just how useless he is. You can't point to any goals or assists from an attacker but only to the fact that at least he has been trying. 

Ffs you are saying he has done nothing this season when he did play well in the first 3 matches only someone with an agenda or doesn't have a clue about how the game is played would suggest otherwise.

You also keep calling him a striker when he never plays up front.He was involved in goals in our first 3 matches,his runs opened space for others and he does have an assist when he Unfortunately hit the post.

IV said he is never a 7 million man but he played well in the first 3 games has been shit in the last 2 games but so have the majority of the rest of the team including Armstrong and Dolan

Just now, islander200 said:

Ffs you are saying he has done nothing this season when he did play well in the first 3 matches only someone with an agenda or doesn't have a clue about how the game is played would suggest otherwise.

You also keep calling him a striker when he never plays up front.He was involved in goals in our first 3 matches,his runs opened space for others and he does have an assist when he Unfortunately hit the post.

I know plenty about how the games played and I said after a few games that he looked a poor player everything else I have seen in the following 2 years has only backed up my opinion. I also said when many on here were getting excited about Buckley that he was miles of being good enough for this level and today many have been given a big reality check in regards to him.

I called him an attacker which is what he is. It's not classed as an assist when he hit the post and let's be honest he should have scored it anyway. 

55 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

That said, I pay my money to be entertained on a Saturday afternoon and if we win that’s a bonus 

Totally arse about face. If you want entertainment watch the tv, go to the cinema or pick blackheads in front of the mirror. I watch rovers and any sport to see my team win. I find it staggering after nearly 10 years of purgatory since we sacked Sam allardyce that so called fans cannot see that it was one of the most stupid moves the club has made in its entire history. I can only conclude that such fans haven’t a clue how about how football works and what it takes for a club such as ours to survive at the highest level.

Anyway back to today and another failing rovers manager, the latest in a long list since Sam allardyce was forced out of the club

• Like 6

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

I know plenty about how the games played and I said after a few games that he looked a poor player everything else I have seen in the following 2 years has only backed up my opinion. I also said when many on here were getting excited about Buckley that he was miles of being good enough for this level and today many have been given a big reality check in regards to him.

I called him an attacker which is what he is. It's not classed as an assist when he hit the post and let's be honest he should have scored it anyway. 

It is classed as an assist he also made a very good run and played Rothwell in who put it on a plate for Armstrong.

I do not think Ben Brereton is a world beater,has he been poor for the majority of the time he has been here,yes.

When everyone is available he wouldn't be in my starting 11.

But did he play well in the first 3 games of this season he did play well and your overall opinion of him is blinding you to that fact imo.He ok first game ,good v Wycombe and he was excellent against Derby.Last two games he has been poor but so have all our other attackers.

And on Buckley didn't realize he finished his career today.

So is Tony to blame for failing to get in signings that we can actually use in the team straight away, as was needed today?

If not and the FA has made in next to impossible to sign players without it being too late to feature them in your first squad after the transfer window ends, as apparently Tony is claiming, then the FA need to be made to explain themselves. 

Either way it is a shambles. We needed our players today, not some time down the road in the future. 

This Mowbray got undone nonsense is absolutely ridiculous. Mowbray put every attacker he has on the pitch today, switched formation at halftime. We looked fairly solid at the back but struggled to break a very well organized Forest side down. 
I was more upset about the Cardiff game then today, knowing that 5/6 of the front 6 won’t be playing very shortly. 

Ayala I thought was solid today. Lenihan too for the most part. Nyambe and Bell were okay. 
Midfield diabolical, and with Johnson looking like he was half cut, what on earth was he doing for the goal. Player of month, absolute nonsense.

Evans with a pathetic first half in particular, he so slow and boring, should be long gone. Buckley, I’ll hold my hands and say I was wrong, he looked nervous and shaky all game, couple of nice balls but need more.

Brereton poor, Gallagher not a footballer and Armstrong’s movement was dreadful not for the first time, when teams sit in he is useless. Dolan just lost his starting job.

There will be way more enjoyable Sat afternoons then that. 

Would not be surprised if it’s Rothwell Trybull Holtby next week. Rothwell was a massive miss today and makes the 4-3-3 tick for me

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

So is Tony to blame for failing to get in signings that we can actually use in the team straight away, as was needed today?

If not and the FA has made in next to impossible to sign players without it being too late to feature them in your first squad after the transfer window ends, as apparently Tony is claiming, then the FA need to be made to explain themselves. 

Either way it is a shambles. We needed our players today, not some time down the road in the future. 

Aka this Wednesday.

Not a good performance  - but unlucky to lose to an ultra defensive forest.

We missed Rothwell drive from midfield and seemed to play far too many long balls.

Doran - is he a flash in the pan? Poor today.

I am probably alone but thought BB did ok with limited opportunities to shine. Johnson - think he was playing for Forest as he seemed to find their players more frequently than our own.

Armstrong hasn't played well for a few matches now.

Think we were undone tactically - timing is everything - pre Houghton we would have won.

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Totally arse about face. If you want entertainment watch the tv, go to the cinema or pick blackheads in front of the mirror. I watch rovers and any sport to see my team win. I find it staggering after nearly 10 years of purgatory since we sacked Sam allardyce that so called fans cannot see that it was one of the most stupid moves the club has made in its entire history. I can only conclude that such fans haven’t a clue how about how football works and what it takes for a club such as ours to survive at the highest level.

Anyway back to today and another failing rovers manager, the latest in a long list since Sam allardyce was forced out of the club

No , I really take issue with your statement and belief that football in your eyes is not an entertainment business. Do you therefore believe that continued support is totally down to blind loyalty and that alone? Your appalling insinuations and suggestions really piss me off but I'd be interested to know when was the last time you paid to watch Rovers at Ewood live? I'd like to go further but I'll desist or I'd be banned from the site.

What's the word? cnut!

8 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

This Mowbray got undone nonsense is absolutely ridiculous. Mowbray put every attacker he has on the pitch today, switched formation at halftime. We looked fairly solid at the back but struggled to break a very well organized Forest side down. 
I was more upset about the Cardiff game then today, knowing that 5/6 of the front 6 won’t be playing very shortly. 

Ayala I thought was solid today. Lenihan too for the most part. Nyambe and Bell were okay. 
Midfield diabolical, and with Johnson looking like he was half cut, what on earth was he doing for the goal. Player of month, absolute nonsense.

Evans with a pathetic first half in particular, he so slow and boring, should be long gone. Buckley, I’ll hold my hands and say I was wrong, he looked nervous and shaky all game, couple of nice balls but need more.

Brereton poor, Gallagher not a footballer and Armstrong’s movement was dreadful not for the first time, when teams sit in he is useless. Dolan just lost his starting job.

Would not be surprised if it’s Rothwell Trybull Holtby next week. Rothwell was a massive miss today and makes the 4-3-3 tick for me

spot on for me Fraser.

• Like 1

Hmm. Same old Rovers and why we aren't going anywhere under TM. 

Gally still wasted on the wing. 

We still struggle to break teams down. 

We still get a nosebleed when we get in/near playoffs. 

We are still gloriously inconsistent. Played 5 won 2, lost 2 drawn 1, is utterly typical Rovers form. The good news is it is better than any other chancer we ha e had since Venkys rocked up, the bad news is it will never get us promoted. 

We'll go on a few runs that will get our hopes up, and a few that get us nervous, but I don't think we will trouble either end of the table too much. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Couldn’t put it better myself. I felt for Dolan. No winger could perform with that horror show in the centre today. He missed his quick link play with the likes of Rothwell & Holtby. He can’t do much when you have the likes of Evans who has a much creativity as a slug! 

Armstrong again frustrates the hell out of me. I’ve never rated him, despite his wonder goals. Lazy and far too inconsistent. I do hope he keeps bagging wonder goals in though, anything more than 3 million for him is flattering. Wouldn’t last too seconds in the prem. 

Edited by BankEnd Rover

Lots of criticism on here for Brereton, but he was comfortably the pick of the 3 forwards that started this afternoon. 

Not saying that he played particularly well, but the other 2 were worse and the fact that Ben is getting pelters and the other 2 aren’t being mentioned says more about the posters on here than it does about him.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I didn't say he did but he is miles away from being ready for the Championship. Best thing we could do for him now is send him out on loan to a National League club.

Brereton had a hand in all the goals we scored against Derby and that's a fact you only have to watch the highlights to see it for yourself

Buckley looked overawed today and a little out of his depth but the way senior players at Ewood and management talk about him and iv seen glimpses with my own eyes I think he has something.

Johnson and Evans shouldn't line up together again.

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

The Johnson/Evans partnership today brought back horrific memories of the Smallwood/Evans partnership. Maybe Evans is just shite.

As I say, until you chuck the kid into a NI jersey. Just get rid, he’s had more than enough chances now and we’re just spunking a decent wage down the drain.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

How can you be ultra defensive and have 16 shots on goal?

Did you watch the match? I wouldn't say they were ultra defensive but their 16 shots I'd say 1 or 2 troubled the keeper.

It was a poor game and both sides were bad.We were absolute dogshit today but a draw still would have been a fair result

Armstrong reminds me a bit of Benni MacCarthy in that sometimes be doesn't do much but pops up with a goal from the one chance he has. Nothing wrong with that sort of player but it does mean the others really have to be on their game. 

Evans strikes me as a fair weather player. I've never seen him have a decent game unless we are well on top. Even then I don't think he is really good at anything, just not terrible at anything either.  

Didn't Johnson have a good start last season before fading? Think he is an inconsistent player equally capable of pulling a 9/10 performance or a 3/10 performance. Makes it a hard dilemma as to.whether to pick him or leave him out. 

Just a few thoughts.