BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nottingham Forest Home

2 hours ago, only2garners said:

I can't see any confirmation yet but this is on the BBC website: -

Another Republic player missed Sunday's draw with Wales after a positive test.

Four other squad members - John Egan, Callum Robinson, Callum O'Dowda and Alan Browne - who were close contacts, also missed the Nations League game at the Aviva Stadium.

As I understand it there were 5 players altogether - one positive and 4 who had close contact. So if Williams was one of the five I presume he is the positive one.

Short of LT saying it directly, it sounds like Williams- they expect him to miss both the Forest and Watford games.

He tested on Friday apparently which means he could have just been infected at or around the Cardiff game but very unlikely to have been infectious- the other four Irish lads are the unfortunate ones rather than four Rovers being ruled out.

LT are saying unless JRC and Lenihan have had any set backs, they are expected to be available v Forest.

So two right footers- Ayala and Lenihan at the centre of defence with probably Leniham playing the Williams role of being the more venturesome. Another yellow for Darragh then!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JoeH said:

For me a pairing of Ayala and Wharton would be exposed with any kind of pace from the opposition.

Lenihan is more mobile, Williams is more mobile, Magloire is of course the most mobile in terms of pace for recovering in behind.

The discussion is about who plays if both DL and DW are out, and for me as easy as it is to just say okay, 3rd choice and 4th choice play, I think you have to consider how those two would play together as a pairing.

But Williams is hardly fast, so the difference between Wharton and Williams next to Ayala compared to the Cardiff game. Pace is not essential. Besides, against Forest, they have an aging Lewis Grabban and Lyle Taylor up front, we wont be facing blistering pace.

Magloire is a player who really struggled in his last senior game here, and has only had a very unsuccessful loan spell where he was sent back after a couple of poor games. His stock has crazily risen off the back of a friendly and its crazy. 

• Like 2

Apparently if you test positive for Covid on international duty, you are not named.

So it appears the player who might formerly have been known as Del, tested positive on Sunday, negative on Monday morning and positive again on Monday afternoon.  

Ten days from Monday afternoon explains why he would be ruled out for the Watford game as well as the Forest match.

6 hours ago, philipl said:

Apparently if you test positive for Covid on international duty, you are not named.

So it appears the player who might formerly have been known as Del, tested positive on Sunday, negative on Monday morning and positive again on Monday afternoon.  

Ten days from Monday afternoon explains why he would be ruled out for the Watford game as well as the Forest match.

Your first statement sounds unlikely.

• Moderation Lead
23 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Del the man with no name.  Not just a gobshite on the field then.

Has Derrick had an affair with your partner or something? You seem to have an irrational dislike of the guy. He’s a limited player, granted, but I don’t think he’s been anything like a gobshite, either on the pitch, or on social media from anything I’ve seen.

• Like 8

On 13/10/2020 at 13:03, philipl said:

Short of LT saying it directly, it sounds like Williams- they expect him to miss both the Forest and Watford games.

He tested on Friday apparently which means he could have just been infected at or around the Cardiff game but very unlikely to have been infectious- the other four Irish lads are the unfortunate ones rather than four Rovers being ruled out.

LT are saying unless JRC and Lenihan have had any set backs, they are expected to be available v Forest.

So two right footers- Ayala and Lenihan at the centre of defence with probably Leniham playing the Williams role of being the more venturesome. Another yellow for Darragh then!

Thanks, Philip. 

Sorry, but out of the blue, I suddenly remembered Kenny Dalglish's response to Radio Lancs' Guy Havord, who had had the temerity to pursue the issue of Shearer's Hepatitis..

"Are you a doctor now, all of a sudden?" 

Could be very bare on numbers come Saturday. Holtby is being given family time in Germany, Williams is isolating, Bennett has ankle ligament problems, Rankin-Costello misses out too. Today is COVID testing at the club and Evan's and Kaminski haven't yet arrived back at Brockhall so fingers crossed they are back in time to get tested, or have not picked up anything whilst away.

Edited by cesus
  • Like 1

Kaminski

Nyambe      Lenihan       Ayala      Bell

Johnson   Buckley   Rothwell

Dolan     Armstrong    Brereton 

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Kaminski

Nyambe      Lenihan       Ayala      Bell

Johnson   Buckley   Rothwell

Dolan     Armstrong    Brereton 

Agreed this is the team though Johnson has always played in the central role since the start of the season. So him and Buckley swap round.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

I'd go with Buckley instead of Evans but TM will probably start with Evans if he is fit 

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Got to be Buckley in the Holtby role. He deserves a crack in his absence. Evans will probably be out with a sniffle or something tomorrow anyway.

I'd go with Buckley too but I doubt Mowbray will start him. He'll cop out and do the 'safe' thing unless Evans is out injured with a plucked eyebrow.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

I'd go with Buckley too but I doubt Mowbray will start him. He'll cop out and do the 'safe' thing unless Evans is out injured with a plucked eyebrow.

Don't think this is fair. Mowbray has played this very aggressive formation since the start of the season, and once Travis got injured he was happy to proceed with a Holtby, Johnson and Rothwell combo. Don't see why he will change that and become more conservative. I'll very surprised if Buckley does not start.