BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nottingham Forest Home

8 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Forest trying to get Knockaert over the line - hopefully not in time for Saturdays match.

The deadline is 5pm tomorrow, I think there is or was a bit more grace in terms of signing loans just before a game, so unsure if there is any scope for him signing before the deadline but not in time for the game.

Bit of a throwback and might have changed anyway but we signed David Jones and Cameron Stewart before that Peterborough debacle when we went 3 down at half time, I am sure they signed the morning of the game but I might be wrong.

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Don't think this is fair. Mowbray has played this very aggressive formation since the start of the season, and once Travis got injured he was happy to proceed with a Holtby, Johnson and Rothwell combo. Don't see why he will change that and become more conservative. I'll very surprised if Buckley does not start.

Not being harsh on Mowbray. How many games has Buckley started and how many games has Evans started? I think it's a no brainer the other way that Evans will start above Buckley. I'm not saying I agree with the decision but I am just saying he will prefer him. Hope I am wrong

On Evans, he's completely won me round from a few seasons ago when I would have happily let him go for nothing. I think the way that we're playing now though he would need to be the deepest player in the 3 for it to make sense, and I wouldn't want him trying to get as far forward as Holtby has been getting at times. In fact I think one of the things which did for him before Mowbray was that he had to get up and down the pitch too much in a 4-4-2, which clearly he isn't up to doing.

Different story if it's a 4231 or if we have two players in front of him doing more attacking. Need to get Buckley in for Saturday. 

I'm looking forward to the game after having had bugger all to do or watch that I'm interested in sporting wise during the international break. (Has it only been 2 weeks?) The new norm, couple of cans, settle down in front of the TV and hook up ifollow from the laptop, no mates, with BRFCS lurking in the background as best option for discussion. Fecking best we can all do with the current scenario!

Hopefully it'll be more of the same with the exception of the Cardiff stalemate. Rovers high tempo pressing game and speed of thought and movement in attack being the worry for Forest and not uncle Tony worrying too much about Hughton and his team.

Hopefully Kaminski will be available and if Williams is unavailable, as is the suspicion, Ayala and Darragh will be fine in the centre of defence. I hope JRC is fit because his link up down the right flank with Dolan shows great promise and will have me sat on the edge of my armchair! It will be a shame if Holtby isn't fit but, as others have said, could be a great opportunity for Bucko to fill his role. 

I hope TM isn't tempted with Gallagher in the starting 11 and leaves Big Ben, Arma and Dolan to carry on as they started the season and terrorise Forest in the final third.

So cheer us all up Rovers, COYB!!

6 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I'm looking forward to the game after having had bugger all to do or watch that I'm interested in sporting wise during the international break. (Has it only been 2 weeks?) The new norm, couple of cans, settle down in front of the TV and hook up ifollow from the laptop, no mates, with BRFCS lurking in the background as best option for discussion. Fecking best we can all do with the current scenario!

Hopefully it'll be more of the same with the exception of the Cardiff stalemate. Rovers high tempo pressing game and speed of thought and movement in attack being the worry for Forest and not uncle Tony worrying too much about Hughton and his team.

Hopefully Kaminski will be available and if Williams is unavailable, as is the suspicion, Ayala and Darragh will be fine in the centre of defence. I hope JRC is fit because his link up down the right flank with Dolan shows great promise and will have me sat on the edge of my armchair! It will be a shame if Holtby isn't fit but, as others have said, could be a great opportunity for Bucko to fill his role. 

I hope TM isn't tempted with Gallagher in the starting 11 and leaves Big Ben, Arma and Dolan to carry on as they started the season and terrorise Forest in the final third.

So cheer us all up Rovers, COYB!!

JRC is out unfortunately

14 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Well, Ryan is a more than capable replacement!

I thought he was awful against Cardiff. No intelligence. Continued bombing forwards the entire game straight into space that was already occupied. People commented that Dolan had a quiet game. A large part of that was because Nyambe did not pass to him once. Dolan is the type of player who doesn't even need to be in a good position. Just give him the ball to feet and let him have a go. 

If anything Rovers players will have to perform with the new signings due in today. If they drop performance wise then they know they face a fight to get in the starting 11 more importantly as we head toward November/December Dack and Travis will both be back hopefully so there will be some serious competition in that squad, a huge incentive to perform and do well

• Like 2

Kaminski

Nyambe   Lenihan   Ayala   Douglas

Johnson
  Buckley            Rothwell

Dolan       Armstrong       Brereton

For me with the injuries/doubts we've seen listed.

Just now, JoeH said:

Kaminski

Nyambe   Lenihan   Ayala   Douglas

Johnson
  Buckley            Rothwell

Dolan       Armstrong       Brereton

For me with the injuries/doubts we've seen listed.

That'll be the team, minus Douglas for Bell. Not a chance TM will be that bold quite yet.