BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Project "Big Picture"

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Same powers that they have to tell pubs to shut at 10.00pm or to close all together.  They have an 80 seat majority so they can soon sort out the Premier League, if they want to that is.

Those are emergency powers being used to deal with a global pandemic - and even that is proving controversial. I don't see how the government have a say in which clubs are in the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I wouldn't want Labour involved either.

Fair, that kind of regulation works both ways for us all.

Oh to live in a world where we could be confident the people representing us genuinely had our best interests at heart.

Wish these super-franchise-mega-clubs wouldn’t bother with these stop gaps, leave us alone, and get their closed shop Super League over with.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 2

Football reflects society since the formation of the Premier League - the elite and richest have got more wealthy and more powerful while the rest scramble around for the crumbs under the table. For the EFL to vote in favour of even further inequality is like the Red Wall voting for their masters in the last election - it doesn't make any sense at all

• Like 5

Premier League respond is interesting and seems not in favour of the Man Utd and Liverpool proposal. 

Its no wonder EFL chairman Rick Parry and EFL Clubs would be in favour as they get more money and cover their current loses due to this pandemic. So its no surprised that they are in favour of it. Cos its gives them exactly what they want. 

English football need teams Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Manchester United , Arsenal plus Everton and Leicester City who willing be breaking into that top 6 this season and beyond. 

I think allowing PL clubs to allow more youngsters out on loan and 4 at one club. Also creating like a feeder club but reducing League 1 and 2 clubs cost of wages. And scrapping the Community shield as its a waste of time now and not be like the charity shield. More like a fitness exercise., 

So the FA receive a 100m gift but the clubs get a loan leveraged on future income that results from broadcast deals and terms decided by the Premier League (more accurately by 6 clubs in the PL).

Would the terms "bung" or "hush money" be inappropriate as it the plan probably needs FA approval to get past Fifa and UEFA?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

Tbh I really wouldn’t want to open the door to the Tories having a say in the football industry.

That rule is there for a reason, even if it is a blessing and a curse.

Government can't interfere in Football governing bodies otherwise would be suspend by UEFA and FIFA from playing international football games. 

Like Spain face possible World Cup ban as FIFA warns over government interference in 2017

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-spain-federation/spain-face-possible-world-cup-ban-as-fifa-warns-over-government-interference-idUKKBN1E92AX

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Government can't interfere in Football governing bodies otherwise would be suspend by UEFA and FIFA from playing international football games. 

Like Spain face possible World Cup ban as FIFA warns over government interference in 2017

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-spain-federation/spain-face-possible-world-cup-ban-as-fifa-warns-over-government-interference-idUKKBN1E92AX

Chaddy there is no way that Spain would have been banned or that they would ever ban England. Cash is king in football and those 2 countries bring a lot of it with them. All that matters to the top divisions, the games authorities and the FA's is money. All these clubs in the top divisions keep saying that they are missing the fans, it's nonsense all they are missing is ripping them off and taking their money. Fans are now merely viewed as customers.

• Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Chaddy there is no way that Spain would have been banned or that they would ever ban England. Cash is king in football and those 2 countries bring a lot of it with them. All that matters to the top divisions, the games authorities and the FA's is money. All these clubs in the top divisions keep saying that they are missing the fans, it's nonsense all they are missing is ripping them off and taking their money. Fans are now merely viewed as customers.

PL Clubs are charging £15 per game which is only £5 more than Ifollow. Do you pay £10 for Ifollow to watch Rovers game?

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Their plan pretty much amounts to forming a cartel. The competition and markets authority would have a duty to intervene, let alone authority.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

PL Clubs are charging £15 per game which is only £5 more than Ifollow. Do you pay £10 for Ifollow to watch Rovers game?

Without wanting to get to personal Chaddy I'd have thought as someone effected by the pandemic financially you'd have appreciated that in this current climate that £15 is a sizable amount of money to many people. As I said they aren't interested in supporters all they interested in is how much money they can rip them off for. 

I have watched the league cup games and one league game on Ifollow. I am in a fortunate position where I am able to afford it I but I don't take the I'm alright Jack attitude. 

Also you have to remember that Championship unlike the Premiership doesn't have TV deals worth Billions. But most Saturday's I like to go out and support my local non league clubs, yesterday I saw a good game of football, parked my car, got a draw ticket, had a pie and a pint and  still ended up with £1 change out of £15.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Without wanting to get to personal Chaddy I'd have thought as someone effected by the pandemic financially you'd have appreciated that in this current climate that £15 is a sizable amount of money to many people. As I said they aren't interested in supporters all they interested in is how much money they can rip them off for. 

I have watched the league cup games and one league game on Ifollow. But I am in a fortunate position where I am able to afford it I but I don't take the I'm alright Jack attitude. 

Also you have to remember that Championship unlike the Premiership doesn't have TV deals worth Billions. But most Saturday's I like to go out and support my local non league clubs, yesterday I saw a good game of football, parked my car, got a draw ticket, had a pie and a pint and  still ended up with £1 change out of £15.

Some PL clubs haven't sold season ticket like Liverpool and Man Utd. 

My financial or job situation position hasn't lead to me not buying Ifollow games but the coverage and the time delay has. Plus I don't enjoy streaming games. last 9 games were fine as temporary measure but now no thanks. 

My overall financially position wasn't affected by me being furlough for various reasons. I am quite happy to post them if you wish

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can't see their plans passing considering the Premier League statement response to this plan. 

For the purposes of whether it passes "The Premier League" is the clubs rather than the executives who have issued the statement on behalf of the league. The required threshold of 14 is probably high enough to ensure that the present proposal will not pass.

• Like 1