BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Project "Big Picture"

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

The only good thing I can see in the proposal is the relegation play off, 3rd from bottom plays 3rd from top in the championship, works in other European countries. Imagine panning the dingles to swap places... 

Similar to how the English play offs started and i think Rovers v Chelsea was the first but again it'll be heavily weighted towards the Prem club in a lot of cases.

Just imagine us swapping places with Burnley in such a scenario though !  Heaven !

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Some PL clubs haven't sold season ticket like Liverpool and Man Utd. 

My heart bleeds for them. The sort of figures that these clubs deal in money from season ticket sales is chicken feed. Is this the same Man Utd who paid £40M for De Beek, who bid £91M for Sancho, who have singed Cavani on 200K a week? Is it the same Liverpool who have just spent over £73M on players and have a new kit deal worth £80M a year?  

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My financial or job situation position hasn't lead to me not buying Ifollow games but the coverage and the time delay has. Plus I don't enjoy streaming games. last 9 games were fine as temporary measure but now no thanks. 

My overall financially position wasn't affected by me being furlough for various reasons. I am quite happy to post them if you wish

I doesn't matter Chaddy I was trying to get through to you on a human level that spending £15 on top of the subscription fee is a lot of money to many people especially during these financially difficult times, but I really should have known better. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

For the purposes of whether it passes "The Premier League" is the clubs rather than the executives who have issued the statement on behalf of the league. The required threshold of 14 is probably high enough to ensure that the present proposal will not pass.

The plan is likely an opening gambit to start the bidding. The 9 clubs* with extra powers/status are likely in favour so all that is required is 5 more. Clubs who are not relegation material would likely jump at a bigger cut of revenue (18 instead of 20 to share the pot) and suddenly all that is needed is 2-3 votes that could be secured by throwing a few extra "crumbs" in the right directions...

*Clubs should possibly be replaced with the word "companies"

14 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I doesn't matter Chaddy I was trying to get through to you on a human level that spending £15 on top of the subscription fee is a lot of money to many people especially during these financially difficult times, but I really should have known better. 

These PPV PL games arent anything to do with Sky or BT. They are just showing them. From what I understand they won't be any studio presenter or pundits either from Sky or BT. 

People have probably saved money if you haven't bought ST or not attend and buying Shirts, pints and pies plus transport cost. 

Yes it is a financially difficult time for some people out there granted. But you linked to my financial situation when you didn't know what it is. 

13 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

The plan is likely an opening gambit to start the bidding. The 9 clubs* with extra powers/status are likely in favour so all that is required is 5 more. Clubs who are not relegation material would likely jump at a bigger cut of revenue (18 instead of 20 to share the pot) and suddenly all that is needed is 2-3 votes that could be secured by throwing a few extra "crumbs" in the right directions...

*Clubs should possibly be replaced with the word "companies"

I worry  if its been leaked oust EFL Chairman Rick Parry cos he is happy with this plan cos of the 250 million bailout fund

Edited by chaddyrovers

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

These PPV PL games arent anything to do with Sky or BT. They are just showing them. From what I understand they won't be any studio presenter or pundits either from Sky or BT. 

People have probably saved money if you haven't bought ST or not attend and buying Shirts, pints and pies plus transport cost. 

Yes it is a financially difficult time for some people out there granted. But you linked to my financial situation when you didn't know what it is. 

You volunteered the information on other threads that you were on furlough and I believe that you have said that your employer at the time wasn't paying the extra 20%. So by what you yourself have previously said I wasn't wrong to simply say that you had been financially effected by the pandemic as your employer was giving you 20% less. But the only reason I tried to use you as an example was that you only some to feel anything or think anything if it effects you. 

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well of course these game have something to do with Sky and BT as without them they wouldn't be show. I assume that there will be commentators? Are there going to be adverts on their which they benefit from? 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

You volunteered the information on other threads that you were on furlough and I believe that you have said that your employer at the time wasn't paying the extra 20%. So by what you yourself have previously said I wasn't wrong to simply say that you had been financially effected by the pandemic as your employer was giving you 20% less. But the only reason I tried to use you as an example was that you only some to feel anything or think anything if it effects you. 

I will DM you on this. Don't want everything in the public domain

37 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Well of course these game have something to do with Sky and BT as without them they wouldn't be show. I assume that there will be commentators? Are there going to be adverts on their which they benefit from? 

Won't these be PL commentators not Sky or BT companies. Like you get when you watching PL games with 3pm kick off time from different country pre pandemic? 

no idea I won;t be watching it live. 

But will watch Match of the Day instead

For me, the worst thing about this PPV proposal isn’t just the price point 

Easy to justify £15 per game in terms of market value/cost of physical tickets etc

But it’s the lack of any foresight or vision to create a true on-demand subscription service for fans of individual football clubs. There’s so many untapped millions of illegal streamers that could’ve been tempted by a solid, future-proofed proposition.

Netflix has proved that a gargantuan film industry can survive and thrive by taking  just a little bit of money monthly from a truly ginormous amount of people.

Now was the time to be brave, and to make PL football affordable for the millions...

It’s just myopic, protectionist greed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You can have Sky Sports £21 per month. That's is affordable in my opinion

Sure it is for a lot of people yeah, but you only get to see the games they decide. Again, it’s not really about that but the scope and direction.

I just don’t understand the logic of giving Murdoch a massive chunk of the cash and control.

The PL must know it has an insanely valuable product. 

So why do they wait for varying bids for people to cream off the top? In an outdated model that restricts growth?

£9.99 p/m paid directly to the PL for unlimited viewing access would absolutely explode.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Did the former Liverpool CEO Rick receive a mandate from the EFL clubs or is he just using his own initiative...? Hmmmm...?

From today's articles where it appears EFL clubs are in the dark I would say he is a lone wolf. I was told that he is only on a retainer with the EFL so maybe he is lining something up for himself. The word 'slippery' has been used to describe him in the past.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ossydave said:

The only good thing I can see in the proposal is the relegation play off, 3rd from bottom plays 3rd from top in the championship, works in other European countries. Imagine panning the dingles to swap places... 

Finishing fourth, fifth or sixth, and no longer having any chance of promotion though.

I just think this new model is a fissure opening up in football. The top teams should never have this much control. United have a vested interest in sustaining their own income. If Liverpool are crawling into bed with them then the beautiful game is gone.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Sure it is for a lot of people yeah, but you only get to see the games they decide. Again, it’s not really about that but the scope and direction.

I just don’t understand the logic of giving Murdoch a massive chunk of the cash and control.

Firstly, you aren't giving Murdoch any cash as he doesnt owned Sky anymore. Hasnt for a couple of years now. Comcast owned Sky now.  Same owners as NBC.

4 or 5 premier league games a week, a couple of EFL games plus highlights of every championship games, cricket, F1, Golf, NBA and NFL..

21 pounds a month is cracking price for all that sports coverage in my opinion 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly, you aren't giving Murdoch any cash as he doesnt owned Sky anymore. Hasnt for a couple of years now. Comcast owned Sky now.  Same owners as NBC.

4 or 5 premier league games a week, a couple of EFL games plus highlights of every championship games, cricket, F1, Golf, NBA and NFL..

21 pounds a month is cracking price for all that sports coverage in my opinion 

Murdoch or not, the point still stands.

You seem to have a penchant for being ripped off and exploited Chads so you do you.

But the point is I feel that the PL are working an outdated model and they could be earning even more and improve access for the public exponentially.

Edited by S8 & Blue

It's worth going on to The Guardian website to read the article by David Conn on this proposal. He is more welcoming of it than most pointing out that the EFL clubs will receive 25% of future Premier League TV deals ; the cost of that is covered partly by a reduction in the number of Premier League clubs from 20 to 18 and the abolition of parachute payments. There will still be a shortfall to the Premier League but the major clubs will make up for this from money spinning overseas friendlies and the anticipated increase in the number of Champions League matches ; it will be the Premier League clubs outside the top 6 who will bear most of the cost. This coupled with the proposed change in voting rights putting more power in the hands of the top 6 is why I think the proposal will fail to attract the necessary 14 votes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Murdoch or not, the point still stands.

You seem to have a penchant for being ripped off and exploited Chads so you do you.

But the point is I feel that the PL are working an outdated model and they could be earning even more and improve access for the public exponentially.

No your point doesnt stand about Murdoch as he doesnt owned Sky anymore. 

£250 per year for all that sport coverage.and able to watch it all. If you feel that is being ripped off and exploited, God knows what planet you are on. Watch 128 PL games, EFL games, every England cricket game, golf coverage of 2 tours if I want to watch them regular, 4 or 5 live NBA games a week. Value for money me and a bargain. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do you remember that time when I said clubs will be more than happy with BCD as the future of football... their fans are probably paying more now that when they bought a season ticket.

I’m falling out of love with football right now. Cancelled Sky Sports in March and have no desire to reinstate it. This pandemic and the need for the football gravy train to run on in spite of it is a sad indictment and yet a perfect summary as to how far removed clubs are from humanity. The whole thing needs to implode for anything to change. Any neutral fan paying £15 per game is an accessory to this whole fucked up mess.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Do you remember that time when I said clubs will be more than happy with BCD as the future of football... their fans are probably paying more now that when they bought a season ticket.

I’m falling out of love with football right now. Cancelled Sky Sports in March and have no desire to reinstate it. This pandemic and the need for the football gravy train to run on in spite of it is a sad indictment and yet a perfect summary as to how far removed clubs are from humanity. The whole thing needs to implode for anything to change. Any neutral fan paying £15 per game is an accessory to this whole fucked up mess.

The football gravy train has to run to pay people's wages; what's wrong with that ?

For someone falling out of love with football you post a heck of a lot on here, in excess of 15 and a half thousand times and counting.

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Clubs arent happy about no fans in Grounds. Sky and BT want fans back. Players want fans back. 

Well Stuart that's your opinion. I think cancelling Sky Sports for any big football and sports fan would be crazy. Plus Sky allow you to paused your Sky Sports contract for 3 months as they werent any live sport to watch. What more do you want?

What neutral fan is going to pay £15 per game to watch one game? Just watch Match of the Day later at night. 

Have you bought Season ticket or watching Rovers on Ifollow per game?

Edited by chaddyrovers