BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Project "Big Picture"

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The battle now starts to get the Championship Clubs an equitable deal. With the big 6 voting rights issue now off the table the other 14 PL Clubs might not feel quite so magnanimous towards the second tier Clubs who are desperate to replace them.

Need to be careful any deal doesn't include the first gradual steps towards ringfencing the PL off as was the situation with the original proposals.

Yes. A very dangerous time...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How can anyone take anything that Neville says about the finance and sustainability of the game seriously. He is part owner of a club that over the last few years have spent crazy money. People like Neville are part of the problem not part of the solution.

• Like 3

Noticed yesterday that the EFL put out a joint statement yesterday rejecting the offer of £50m to L1 and L2 Clubs firstly because it wasn't enough but primarily because they would only entertain an offer which included all its members ie Championship Clubs as well.

Sensible approach to take but L1 and L2 Clubs must be fairly confident  of a better offer being quickly forthcoming given how desperate they appeared to be to accept the original proposals the other day.

3 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

How can anyone take anything that Neville says about the finance and sustainability of the game seriously. He is part owner of a club that over the last few years have spent crazy money. People like Neville are part of the problem not part of the solution.

It's the hypocrisy and the nerve of Neville to compare himself to Jack Walker that's the problem. All likes of Neville did (that is people associated with Man United) was sneer at Jack and moaned about "buying the title". Lim's the guy putting the big money in what exactly have Neville and the other prats contributed besides media publicity? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Noticed yesterday that the EFL put out a joint statement yesterday rejecting the offer of £50m to L1 and L2 Clubs firstly because it wasn't enough but primarily because they would only entertain an offer which included all its members ie Championship Clubs as well.

Sensible approach to take but L1 and L2 Clubs must be fairly confident  of a better offer being quickly forthcoming given how desperate they appeared to be to accept the original proposals the other day.

I don't think this is going to have a happy ending. I read yesterday that there is a real reluctance from most of the PL clubs to hand over any money to the Championship clubs. Probably the most common reason was that too many Championship clubs are in the predicament they are in because of poor management. Reading were cited as paying something like 175% of their income on wages alone. There are many others too who are living well beyond their means. Another reason was that lots of Championship clubs are owned by extremely wealthy people and it should be incumbent upon them to bail their own clubs out.

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

I don't think this is going to have a happy ending. I read yesterday that there is a real reluctance from most of the PL clubs to hand over any money to the Championship clubs. Probably the most common reason was that too many Championship clubs are in the predicament they are in because of poor management. Reading were cited as paying something like 175% of their income on wages alone. There are many others too who are living well beyond their means. Another reason was that lots of Championship clubs are owned by extremely wealthy people and it should be incumbent upon them to bail their own clubs out.

You can see the Premier League Clubs' point of view on that really. It's one thing bailing Clubs out because of enforced BCD due to the virus, it's another thing entirely if they're in difficulty due to rank bad management or if the respective  owners can afford  to fund them.

Hasn't there been a suggestion in the past of targeted assistance based on proof of income and expenditure etc? Is that still on offer?

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Also, those Championship clubs are trying to replace those in the Premier League....

Just now, Herbie6590 said:

Also, those Championship clubs are trying to replace those in the Premier League....

Exactly. I flagged that up the other night. That's probably the crux of it, potentially you could be funding a Championship Club to replace you in the Premier League.

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You can see the Premier League Clubs' point of view on that really. It's one thing bailing Clubs out because of enforced BCD due to the virus, it's another thing entirely if they're in difficulty due to rank bad management or if the respective  owners can afford  to fund them.

Hasn't there been a suggestion in the past of targeted assistance based on proof of income and expenditure etc? Is that still on offer?

I haven't read anything about that. Is that historic or future income and expenditure?

35 minutes ago, Vinjay said:

It's the hypocrisy and the nerve of Neville to compare himself to Jack Walker that's the problem. All likes of Neville did (that is people associated with Man United) was sneer at Jack and moaned about "buying the title". Lim's the guy putting the big money in what exactly have Neville and the other prats contributed besides media publicity? 

Given it is election time in the states,  "Summariser, I served with Jack Walker. I knew Jack Walker. Jack Walker was a friend of mine. Summariser, you're no Jack Walker.."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vinjay said:

Don't forget his mate Peter Lim also owns Valencia and gave Gary a manager's job there until he turned out to be poop. I always want Salford to lose as it's all corrupt, having a Sky pundit and Skybet sponsoring the team, and the league they're in.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

This hasn't gone away yet. There is some interesting stuff in the article including an American company who want to buy 20% of the EFL.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54587893

I heard this last week, very murky going’s on. The EFL bureaucrats at HQ deemed the £300 odd million on the table from the US, with clubs facing extinction, not something to pass on to the clubs to even consider - you know the 72 entities that ARE the EFL.

Nothing to do with Parry not wanting to derail his Liverpool/Man Utd venture, of course?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Even with the latest plans, the "big six" won't leave the English league, they want a European super league to go alongside it replacing the champions league.

I'd rather they left the English league altogether to be honest and leave us with a good competitive top flight, but that will never happen.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Even with the latest plans, the "big six" won't leave the English league, they want a European super league to go alongside it replacing the champions league.

I'd rather they left the English league altogether to be honest and leave us with a good competitive top flight, but that will never happen.

I completely agree with this and the sooner the better. 

• Like 1

It’s a joke that United are being invited. Still living off Fergie’s reputation.

Have to laugh though. Liverpool win the league once and suddenly they are too good for it!

If they go then they should forfeit everything. FA Cup included.

Prediction: this won’t happen and it is all to put pressure on the EFL and FA over their original plans. 18 teams and 6 English side involved along with Spain, Germany, Italy and France?

Personally I’d call their bluff and let them go. Another nail in the coffin of fans being at games.

BCD FTW!

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

It’s a joke that United are being invited. Still living off Fergie’s reputation.

Have to laugh though. Liverpool win the league once and suddenly they are too good for it!

If they go then they should forfeit everything. FA Cup included.

Prediction: this won’t happen and it is all to put pressure on the EFL and FA over their original plans. 18 teams and 6 English side involved along with Spain, Germany, Italy and France?

Personally I’d call their bluff and let them go. Another nail in the coffin of fans being at games.

BCD FTW!

Funniest scenario ever if they were left behind. Of course they were the first club to benefit from the "champions" league qualifying for 98/99 as runners up to Arsenal. Real fair play there UEFA!

Speaking of "left behind" Jones has been omitted from their Premier League squad (limit of 25) for rest of season.

Edited by Vinjay