BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Watford v Rovers Wed 21st Oct 7.45pm

Crucial game coming up on Wednesday night at Vicarage Road against the newly relegated Hornets.

After 5 games, 7 points and it'is absolutely mid table esq and one point from 2 latest home games has been disappointing to say the least. How often after 2 decent performances and results, are we swiftly brought crashing down to earth by two equally poor displays. 

All the new signings should all be available for Mowbray to freshen up his squad.

Early days granted but for me it's a must win game on Wednesday.

I couldn't begin to guess on the team selection but I'll start us off with Kaminski in goal......

• Like 2

Hopefully we can make a few changes to freshen things up. I think Dolan and Brereton need to come out of the team, Elliott should come in and with Dack still out and Rothwell likely to be out isolating, I see little choice but to give Gallagher a shot. Armstrong has struggled to get involved so have him from the left, under no circumstances should Gallagher play wide. Douglas needs to come in at left back, we look weak in central midfield so hopefully Holtbys extended paternity wont extend to Wednesday, and hopefully Trybull can sit in front of the back 4. If Downing signs prior, get him on the bench over Bell.

Kaminski

Nyambe Ayala Lenihan Douglas

Trybull

Holtby Johnson

Elliott Gallagher Armstrong 

Subs: Pears, Williams/Wharton, Rankin Costello, Bell, Evans, Brereton, Dolan

Its an important game. Lose a very difficult fixture and 7 points from 6 games is not the best start.

• Like 4

dolan nailed on to be replaced,with who,only tony knows,important to get elliot in the side,if mowbray can`t get the best out of him he should resign pronto, trybull and douglas hav`nt played for months so i doubt we`ll see them involved,sadly i think watford will be to powerful for us,though i often think we are better suited to playing away so you never know

• Mike E pinned this topic

Like the first game of a new season.

Even without Williams, Rothwell, JRC, Dack, Travis, Bennett, Butterworth for sure, there are enough returning and new faces available for this to feel like a completely new team.

Would be cruel to drop Bell after he was one of the few to emerge with credit in the last two games. 

However, overall we have gone from a team which couldn't stop scoring to one which looks like it won't score again this side of Christmas.

Elliott looks like he could have what it takes to unlock a massed defence so he comes in for Brereton for me. I would certainly play Trybull over Evans and Holtby for Buckley. Start with Gallagher and have Dolan as an impact sub. Dolan incidentally didn't do too badly but needed more mobility from other players around him to take advantage of space created by defenders not getting tight to him.

Remember Watford have their own wonder kid.

I fear we could get thrashed if Watford score early but am expecting a Bournemouth style of match with hopefully Rovers prevailing this time by the odd goal.

• Like 1

Needs some changes. Frustratingly, some players have failed to take the chance offered to them and others haven't done enough in the last 2 games to retain their place.

That said, we can't drop everyone.

I refuse to put Gallagher out wide, likewise Armstrong who is poor when played out wide.

LINEUP111603002134404.png

• Like 3

Will be a totally different type of game to Forest or Cardiff. Watford will come out to play which should suit us.

Holtby back and Douglas into team seem likely to me. I think Mowbray will persevere with Dolan. Big question is will Brereton get potted for Elliot?

Team very uncertain but my guess is :

------------------------Kaminski

Nyambe------Ayala-------Lenihan-----Douglas

----------Holtby------Johnson----Evans

----------Dolan-----Armstrong-----Elliot

But realistically I could see TM starting any of Brereton, Trybull, Gallagher or Bell.

Watford have got the quality where they will expect to beat us at home. Will be interesting to see how well we can compete with them.

Two teams in a row have nullified us at Ewood. I don’t think Watford will given their personnel, but without fans in stadiums I wonder if some teams may employ similar tactics against us at home, knowing how good we are on the counter?

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Can’t see anything but a very sobering defeat. To much quality in the opposition side to keep quiet , to many injuries and unbedded players in our side to trouble them. Easy win for Watford. Every game from then on is when I put the spotlight back in Tony’s direction 

Elliott the least ready to play of our new signings if Mowbray’s interview is anything to go by. So I’m not expecting him to start. I also think Amari’i Bell was one of our better performers against Forest and I don’t think bringing in too many new lads will be helpful for continuity in the same straight away.

Let’s work with what we’ve got for one more game. Give Dolan a rest after a frustrating afternoon and revert to a formation that suits the players we actually do have to work with.

Corry Evans cannot play in a 3 midfield formation, he needs to play in a double pivot and I think that showed on Saturday. We looked better once Evans and Johnson moved to a two block in front of the defence.

Gallagher whilst a frustrating player, might throw something at Watford from the start that they weren’t expecting. Play him centrally, definitely not out wide.

My assumption is that Holtby will be back in time for the game, I think he needs to play. He’s the creative glue and John Buckley (unfortunately, because I like him) didn’t manage to replicate the German’s form in midfield. We missed Holtby big time at the weekend and he should play.

Kamniski

Nyambe
Ayala
Lenihan
Bell

Evans
Johnson

Brereton
Holtby
Armstrong

Gallagher

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Hopefully we can make a few changes to freshen things up. I think Dolan and Brereton need to come out of the team, Elliott should come in and with Dack still out and Rothwell likely to be out isolating, I see little choice but to give Gallagher a shot. Armstrong has struggled to get involved so have him from the left, under no circumstances should Gallagher play wide. Douglas needs to come in at left back, we look weak in central midfield so hopefully Holtbys extended paternity wont extend to Wednesday, and hopefully Trybull can sit in front of the back 4. If Downing signs prior, get him on the bench over Bell.

Kaminski

Nyambe Ayala Lenihan Douglas

Trybull

Holtby Johnson

Elliott Gallagher Armstrong 

Subs: Pears, Williams/Wharton, Rankin Costello, Bell, Evans, Brereton, Dolan

Its an important game. Lose a very difficult fixture and 7 points from 6 games is not the best start.

Elliott, Douglas and Trybull aren’t starting this game. It’s dreamland. We know Mowbray, we’ve heard the interviews. We need to be realistic in terms of our expectations for what the Starting XI will be.

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Can’t see anything but a very sobering defeat. To much quality in the opposition side to keep quiet , to many injuries and unbedded players in our side to trouble them. Easy win for Watford. Every game from then on is when I put the spotlight back in Tony’s direction 

Get your money on a Rovers win?

I'll be more confident of a result here than at Coventry the following match.

Having said that Watford are a tough nut to crack and for all our gusto about our quality attacking players and abilities ive not seen much to show for it since Derby.

I expect a low scoring affair. We won't win it but could come away with a point if we keep it tight.

I just hope we don't turn up trying to outscore them and exposing ourselves.

3 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Needs some changes. Frustratingly, some players have failed to take the chance offered to them and others haven't done enough in the last 2 games to retain their place.

That said, we can't drop everyone.

I refuse to put Gallagher out wide, likewise Armstrong who is poor when played out wide.

LINEUP111603002134404.png

This is the team that ld go with. I also think you arnt far wrong from what TM select. 

I'd expect to see bell for Douglas and that's about it. 

Kaminski

Nyambe    Lenihan           Ayala     Douglas

Holtby     Trybull     Johnson

Elliott             Armstrong          Dolan

Subs: Pears, Williams/Wharton, Bell, JRC, Evans, Gallagher, Chapman

49 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Elliott the least ready to play of our new signings if Mowbray’s interview is anything to go by. So I’m not expecting him to start. I also think Amari’i Bell was one of our better performers against Forest and I don’t think bringing in too many new lads will be helpful for continuity in the same straight away.

Let’s work with what we’ve got for one more game. Give Dolan a rest after a frustrating afternoon and revert to a formation that suits the players we actually do have to work with.

Corry Evans cannot play in a 3 midfield formation, he needs to play in a double pivot and I think that showed on Saturday. We looked better once Evans and Johnson moved to a two block in front of the defence.

Gallagher whilst a frustrating player, might throw something at Watford from the start that they weren’t expecting. Play him centrally, definitely not out wide.

My assumption is that Holtby will be back in time for the game, I think he needs to play. He’s the creative glue and John Buckley (unfortunately, because I like him) didn’t manage to replicate the German’s form in midfield. We missed Holtby big time at the weekend and he should play.

Kamniski

Nyambe
Ayala
Lenihan
Bell

Evans
Johnson

Brereton
Holtby
Armstrong

Gallagher

I'm genuinely amazed that Evans gets in anyones side injuries or not 

The most non descript footballer we have.

• Like 5

I fear for us in this fixture.  Watford will be a tough nut.

Can't see too many changes as I think our new signings are short of game time and match fitness.

I look at our results to date:

Bournemouth (3rd in league) - loss, no surprise

WW (23rd in league) - handsome win, but WW will be the league's whipping boys as an opening five defeats on the bounce and twelve goals conceded suggests 

Derby (21st in league) - handsome win, but Derby are struggling as four defeats out of their first five games indicates 

Cardiff (18th in league) - poor draw, games we should and have to win

Forest (20th in league) - poor loss, rocked up at Ewood having lost their first four games and having sacked their manager.  No excuses, we should have won and have to win these type of games.  Think Mowbray's bullsh1t about having to throw a side together is lamentable

Recipe for success in this league is simple.  Organisation and a fast start providing confidence and momentum.

Think we have the players to get us up in what I feel will be a bang average league this season.  Sadly, we are in danger of being left in the starting blocks unless Mowbray gets his act together very, very quickly and sadly, IMO, clarity of thought and decisiveness are not Mowbray's strong points.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

Given Douglas played for Leeds vs Hull and Trybull has been training with Norwich I'm not sure what either will be missing.

If Douglas has had a pre season and played under Bielsa then he's ready to play here. Same for Elliott and Trybull.

They aren't coming from the other side of the world with different stages of fitness. They should be ready.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Given Douglas played for Leeds vs Hull and Trybull has been training with Norwich I'm not sure what either will be missing.

If Douglas has had a pre season and played under Bielsa then he's ready to play here. Same for Elliott and Trybull.

They aren't coming from the other side of the world with different stages of fitness. They should be ready.

Ayala hadn't played a game since January before he made his debut for us, he can't have been ahead of either of those 3 in terms of match fitness.

Edited by davulsukur

45 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Bournemouth (3rd in league) - loss, no surprise

WW (23rd in league) - handsome win, but WW will be the league's whipping boys as an opening five defeats on the bounce and twelve goals conceded suggests 

Derby (21st in league) - handsome win, but Derby are struggling as four defeats out of their first five games indicates 

Cardiff (18th in league) - poor draw, games we should and have to win

Forest (20th in league) - poor loss, rocked up at Ewood having lost their first four games and having sacked their manager.  No excuses, we should have won and have to win these type of games.  Think Mowbray's bullsh1t about having to throw a side together is lamentable

I agree with you on the whole, but when i was young you never saw a league table until 10 games in, so the positions of our opposition is irrelevant at this time whilst everyone is still sorting their teams out.  

I think many on here wanted our business done early, bed the newbies in and start well...as usual Mowbray faffs about and i suspect december before we get an idea of our best team.

Some were quite happy for him to leave it to the death to bring anyone in

Edited by Sparks Rover

29 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If they are an improvement on the players they are replacing, get them in.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

To be fair Bell did little wrong on Saturday so I dont see the need to replace him for this one. Further forward every player did not do much right for the last two games so all of them could easily be replaced without a blink of an eye.

But yet again he didn't produce much. I want more than, did little wrong.

• Like 2