BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Watford v Rovers Wed 21st Oct 7.45pm

7 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Do we need a code for ifollow for this one? The 'deal' with the ST said we'd get the midweek away games but I've had no code emailed from the club.

I can watch it on the red button but that's even worse than ifollow with SD and no replays.

Didn't realise you could watch midweeks on red button!! Cheers.

Much rather watch that than the OTT partial iFollow commentary team. Absolutely dreadful.

Edited by bringdunnback

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski

Nyambe Ayala Lenihan Douglas

Holtby Trybull Johnson

Gallagher  Armstrong  Elliott

I like this, but I am also somewhat sympathetic to Bell. He’s playing awfully well, maybe start him, and give Douglas a half.

JR-C I might pencil in, & give Trybull a runout in the 2nd half. If guys are doing well, leave ‘em alone, & change at 66’. 

I still like Dolan, but I would bring him off the bench in this one. 

I will optimistically say 1-1. I was worried about this fixture when they dropped down from PL.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I like this, but I am also somewhat sympathetic to Bell. He’s playing awfully well, maybe start him, and give Douglas a half.

JR-C I might pencil in, & give Trybull a runout in the 2nd half. If guys are doing well, leave ‘em alone, & change at 66’. 

I still like Dolan, but I would bring him off the bench in this one. 

I will optimistically say 1-1. I was worried about this fixture when they dropped down from PL.

Why a make a sub at half time to give Douglas a half? 

Didn't know JRC was available. 

I would bring Dolan off the bench to use to pace against Watford tiring defence

4 hours ago, wanderingrover said:

Mowbray may have targeted this game tactically more than Forest where a new manager made planning unpredictable. Could see him going with something like below. Johnson/Evans picking up Pedro when he drops in. Front 3 to stay high as much as possible...

Kaminski

Nyambe  Ayala  Lenihan  Bell

Johnson  Evans

Holtby 

Gallagher  Arma  Brereton

A point would be great if we could follow up with 3 at the weekend!

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski

Nyambe Ayala Lenihan Douglas

Holtby Trybull Johnson

Gallagher  Armstrong  Elliott

Gallagher on the wing presumably against the evidence of him never ever having a good game from that position?

And chaddy, Elliott and Trybull straight in despite us not needing either player?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Gallagher on the wing presumably against the evidence of him never ever having a good game from that position?

And chaddy, Elliott and Trybull straight in despite us not needing either player?

Trybull is put in cos Rothwell self isolated and Evans poor performance. 

Elliott in due to Brereton and Dolan a break. 

Despite me wanting neither in cos I wanted a left back firstly. doesnt mean we dont use either now unless this is your new position that if a fan says he doesn't want a player it means he cant pick them now?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Trybull is put in cos Rothwell self isolated and Evans poor performance. 

Elliott in due to Brereton and Dolan a break. 

Despite me wanting neither in cos I wanted a left back firstly. doesnt mean we dont use either now unless this is your new position that if a fan says he doesn't want a player it means he cant pick them now?

Not at all, but I just find it interesting that having been against the signings for fear of blocking the current players we have, youd chuck them in at the first opportunity.

Under no circumstances should Gallagher play on the wing. He NEVER has been effective there. Id rather play Pears there.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Amen. Anyone putting in Gallagher at RW needs their head checking (sorry Chaddy!).

• Like 7

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Not at all, but I just find it interesting that having been against the signings for fear of blocking the current players we have, youd chuck them in at the first opportunity.

Under no circumstances should Gallagher play on the wing. He NEVER has been effective there. Id rather play Pears there.

If Rothwell had been available I wouldn't have start Trybull. 

I don't see Gallagher has playing on the wing in 4-3-3 but starting right of a front 3. Plus I would further inside playing against Watford left centre back in their back 3. 

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why a make a sub at half time to give Douglas a half? 

Didn't know JRC was available. 

I would bring Dolan off the bench to use to pace against Watford tiring defence

LT says JR-C trained today. If he’s ready, put him in.

i agree on Dolan, good hustle vs a worn down D.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Rothwell had been available I wouldn't have start Trybull. 

I don't see Gallagher has playing on the wing in 4-3-3 but starting right of a front 3. Plus I would further inside playing against Watford left centre back in their back 3. 

Its on the wing, its wide. Weve done the pedantic nonsense before but as a winger, a wide striker, an inside forward, whatever you want to call it, he has never had a good game there.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• Like 3

Absolute classic over thinking as usual there and some wonder why we still get strikers out wide and somebody else shoved up top who does jack shit.  

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's just keeping everyone on their toes but echo the sentiment just get them in. They are already been talked of as good players they don't need to sit and learn anything just get them in.  JUst the Dolan effect alone from some of them could get us 3 or 6 valuable points.

Let the opposition bother about them instead.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Silas said:

21st October 2014: My wife was rushed into hospital for an emergency C-section due to a potentially dangerous placental abrasion. After a crazy few hours, I was dumped in a room with a newborn baby girl in my arms while the medics stitched her up. Dazed and confused, I sat there wondering how I was gonna look after this wrinkly alien, and then a thought popped in my head - We're playing tonight!

Cradling the alien in one arm like a rugby ball, I shifted in my seat and fished into my pocket for my phone. It's HT, 0-0 against Birmingham. A midwife came in to check on things, scowled at me pissing about on my phone, and promptly left in silent disapproval.  

Within minutes, everything started going our way. Ben Marshall scored, Brum had a player sent off, and we went on to win the game 1-0 (by which time my wife had been wheeled in like a drugged up zombie from the epidural). 

I looked down at my newborn and thought - You're a good luck charm you! 

Bear in mind we'd kept 2 clean sheets in 14 before that day. And it was 9 matches following before we kept another. 

Since then we've had 2 more matches on 21st October, 0-0 Derby 2015, 3-0 Portsmouth 2017. So the overall record for my good luck charm reads played 3 matches, Rovers 4 goals, opponents 0. Which is fairly impressive considering the teams defensive abilities over that period. 

If the run continues, hopefully we win tomorrow, and we win to nil. The last time we beat Watford away? Which was to nil too (0-1). Feb 2001, the season we got promoted to the Premier League. 

Summary: Win tomorrow and I will be hopeful of us getting promoted. Win to nil tomorrow and I will be 100% convinced we're getting promoted. Lose tomorrow and my daughter is immediately getting booted out the house as she will no longer be of any use to me........

Superb stuff!

• Like 1

In light of recent updates I think I'll adjust my starting XI hopes. Still believe we shouldn't throw too many new faces in from the start all at once, so gone for Bell over Douglas for now, Gallagher through the middle as a central striker, Armstrong out left and give Brereton a rest. Breo is only young, as young as a JRC or a Travis (sometimes people forget), and he's been starting every week for some time now. Don't want to overdo him.

Kaminski

Nyambe Ayala Lenihan Bell

Holtby Johnson Trybull

Elliott Gallagher Armstrong

• Backroom

Gallagher doesn't have the attributes to play as a wide forward. He either needs to be played as a target man or not at all. If SG does play then we'd be better off having Arma in the wide forward role - at least he has pace and the ability to cut in with a great shot from outside the box. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Still believe we shouldn't throw too many new faces in from the start all at once, so gone for Bell over Douglas for now, 

Kaminski

Nyambe Ayala Lenihan Bell

Holtby Johnson Trybull

Elliott Gallagher Armstrong

So, 4 new players and  not 5?..And probably the signing with most proven championship quality and our problem position for the last 3 seasons and he is the one you leave out.?

Venkys will not have trusted mowbray and co to bring in these signings to just improve on last season, a victory against a strong Watford tomorrow night will send a clear message and give us a big boost and for sure make things very rosey at ewood,  we need to go to Watford all guns glazing, i would put a couple new lads straight in cause Watford won't be prepared, my team would be this, the pace will cause Watford serious problems 

Kaminski 

Nyambe      lenihan   ayala     douglas

Johnson       holtby      rothwell 

Dolan      Armstrong    elliot 

Subs: pears, Williams bell, trybul, buckley, brereton, Gallagher 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Venkys will not have trusted mowbray and co to bring in these signings to just improve on last season, a victory against a strong Watford tomorrow night will send a clear message and give us a big boost and for sure make things very rosey at ewood,  we need to go to Watford all guns glazing, i would put a couple new lads straight in cause Watford won't be prepared, my team would be this, the pace will cause Watford serious problems 

Kaminski 

Nyambe      lenihan   ayala     douglas

Johnson       holtby      rothwell 

Dolan      Armstrong    elliot 

Subs: pears, Williams bell, trybul, buckley, brereton, Gallagher 

I thought Rothwell was still isolating ?