BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Watford v Rovers Wed 21st Oct 7.45pm

21 minutes ago, DE. said:

Gallagher doesn't have the attributes to play as a wide forward. He either needs to be played as a target man or not at all. 

For me, that would be not at all then, because he doesn’t have the necessary strength or skills of a front runner. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, den said:

For me, that would be not at all then, because he doesn’t have the necessary strength or skills of a front runner. 

I tend to agree, although he did score some goals for us as part of a front two so it's possible there is a formation that makes him somewhat useful. I don't think it's any of the formations Tony prefers though, which makes his signing all the more baffling. 

I think it’s a bit premature for dire predictions. 
Watford is a top side, anyway, we already knew that. We got everything we said we needed, and none of them have even played yet.

If these last four additions don’t help, I will be right with some of you, asking for bigger changes, but let’s wait and see if they make a difference... at least until Boxing Day. That’s only two months and some change. We can wait that long to demand heads roll. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

So, 4 new players and  not 5?..And probably the signing with most proven championship quality and our problem position for the last 3 seasons and he is the one you leave out.?

Two instead of four... Elliott & Trybull. We need something a little different to Evans in midfield, and I think Brereton could do with a break. What do you mean four instead of five??? Baffling.

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Two instead of four... Elliott & Trybull. We need something a little different to Evans in midfield, and I think Brereton could do with a break. What do you mean four instead of five??? Baffling.

4 new ones. Ayala, Elliot, etc and you don't thi k we should go one more, especially as its probably our best signing against probably one of the best attacking teams.  Seems odd to me to just leave him out for no reason. Douglas plays for me if fit away at Watford without a doubt. 

25 minutes ago, JoeH said:

In light of recent updates I think I'll adjust my starting XI hopes. Still believe we shouldn't throw too many new faces in from the start all at once, so gone for Bell over Douglas for now, Gallagher through the middle as a central striker, Armstrong out left and give Brereton a rest. Breo is only young, as young as a JRC or a Travis (sometimes people forget), and he's been starting every week for some time now. Don't want to overdo him.

Kaminski

Nyambe Ayala Lenihan Bell

Holtby Johnson Trybull

Elliott Gallagher Armstrong

I dont think the reason to take Brereton would be to rest him down to his age or out of fear of overdoing him, I think he simply hasnt done enough over the 7 games to continue to warrant a start. Travis has never needed a rest since he broke through, and Rankin Costello again probably never has guaranteed a spot in the team. Dolan is the most obvious example of someone needing to be taken out due to his age, someone totally new to proper football, but even then, the main reason is that he has been totally ineffective for a couple of games.

Douglas has to start for me. Also Trybull is also a defensive midfielder and Johnson lacks the ability on the ball to be the deepest of the 3 so I would swap them round. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Still confusing seeing people post line ups with Gallagher on the wing. 
Unless you’re trying to predict what Mowbray May do, you must have seen that it simply doesn’t work by now?

• Like 8

I just want to see him/us have a real go at it.  Said the same last season but even more so now they've nothing to lose, if you're going to land in midtable anyway at least do so after trying to get into the top 6 not just trying to tread water and hope for a marginal gain.

If we fall short we fall short but enough of the self preservation stuff please.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I just want to see him/us have a real go at it.  Said the same last season but even more so now they've nothing to lose, if you're going to land in midtable anyway at least do so after trying to get into the top 6 not just trying to tread water and hope for a marginal gain.

If we fall short we fall short but enough of the self preservation stuff please.

Yeah that’s how I feel. I’m well aware there is probably ten teams in this league with the same ambitions, same ability etc and it’s recognised as one of the most difficult leagues in the world for a reason. Even with the squad assembled I don’t demand a top six finish. I do demand that we do everything and leave no stone unturned so if we fall short it’s because we simply wernt good enough. If I can clap them off the pitch at the end then you can’t really ask for more from the players. If we could clearly see Tony’s game plan and in game management and it made sense even if I didn’t agree with it then I’d be happy with that. it’s when we lose at home to a lesser team and we didn’t bust a guy to get the winning goal, the lack of urgency and then things like nyambe on the bench and Gallagher on the wing that leaves you feeling short changed and frustrated. I don’t want what if this season . I want get in or oh well we gave  it a bowyer ( a phrase adopted For the kids homework)

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

I hope to see

Kaminski

Nyambe Ayala Lenihan Bell

Trybull Johnson Holtby

Elliott Armstrong JRC

I expect to see

Kaminski

JRC  Ayala Lenihan Douglas

Holtby Johnson Evans

Gallagher Armstrong Brereton

14 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I hope to see

Kaminski

Nyambe Ayala Lenihan Bell

Trybull Johnson Holtby

Elliott Armstrong JRC

I expect to see

Kaminski

JRC  Ayala Lenihan Douglas

Holtby Johnson Evans

Gallagher Armstrong Brereton

Where's Dolan?!?

A lot will depend on how Watford approach the game, and whether they have started to adapt to the realities of football in the championship. If they look to play premier league tap n go, Rovers can revert to the style that served them well in the first few games, rather than the pedestrian plodding and sideways stiflebore we saw against Cardiff and Forest. Am expecting goals this evening, with the side somewhat shaken up by the inclusion of at least two of our new arrivals, which should wrong-foot the opposition.

Nothing to fear, except baffling selections and players with their heads held under water in obviously wrong positions... We have the squad to NOT do that anymore. Simple for me - get wingers crossing to tall centre forwards / nimble strikers and bang the ball in the onion bag.giphy.gif