BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Watford v Rovers Wed 21st Oct 7.45pm

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Harsh on Dolan 2 bad games and dropped. Brereton has over 2 years of poor performances yet still starts.

Dolan wasn't actually bad in the last game, just unable to do anything with the players around him. He was trying.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Roversider said:

Evans had a much better 2nd half against Forest (1st half was pants) when the formation moved to him and Johnson acting as defensive midfielders.  I'd expect the same tonight with Holtby being the key pivot on the attack.

I'd expect the intention to be to keep it tight for the first half but who knows really ......

He really didn't. Johnson was very poor too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

99% of managers would have cut their losses on brereton,tony must be able see something that no one else can,7 million quid for a cf who can`t play there??fecking crazy imo

Then he did it again with Gallagher!

• Like 1

If I'm honest, the loanee I most wanted straight in was Douglas in place of Bell. Can't understand why we identify a weakness in the team, sign an improvement, then keep playing the original duffer. Same goes for Evans after all these years of nothing in particular.

Having said that, our best performances come with the least expectation. 1-2 it is...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I see Dolan has already been relegated to the bench in favour of the loanee. Not Tony’s pick so will have to prove himself several times over.

Elliott definitely needs to hit the ground running tonight.

Meanwhile Brereton and Bell get yet another pass.

Dolan has been poor the last two games. He needs a break.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We bring in these exciting players and Mowbray has no clue how to get the best out of them.

IMO, so true.

Have posted a number of times recently that I think we have the players to get us out of this season's bang average Championship, however, IMO, very much doubt Mowbray is the man to get a tune out of them.

A tough one tonight - up until now, Watford not scored many and we haven't conceded many!!!

Sneaking fancy for us tonight (hope it's not heart over head) but if we don't get out of the starting blocks pretty quickly over the next few matches, I would sack Mowbray - we can't afford another season of treading water.  We have the players - the excuses MUST stop and Mowbray MUST deliver and quick.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 3

Looks like most are extremely unhappy at TM's selection. Everyone forecasting a loss. All doom and gloom.

Watch Rovers put on a superb display and play Watford off the park.

Not my prediction but it usually happens.

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Dolan has been poor the last two games. He needs a break.

Correct.

Young energetic players can hit a brick wall if they aren't managed properly.  The lad has so much talent and the 'X Factor' and I would be disappointed if we don't get 30 games out of him this season.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

Jesus its so depressing on here.

People cream themselves over Elliott signing but sulk when he plays over Dolan.

Bell will be playing because, well look how much football Douglas has played in the past year, he will be starting before Bell before long.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Correct.

Young energetic players can hit a brick wall if they aren't managed properly.  The lad has so much talent and the 'X Factor' and i would be disappointed if we don't get 30 games out of him this season.

Mercer I am a tad baffled. First of all the majority of our players are poor signings and our recruitment is poor. Now that's fine but the management is poor?

Who gave the young players a chance in the same place??? Mowbray is no Messiah but I can see a style of play now and we look a decent shout for the play offs. Sacking him if he does badly over a few games, come off it lol!

Edited by imy9
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Correct.

Young energetic players can hit a brick wall if they aren't managed properly.  The lad has so much talent and the 'X Factor' and i would be disappointed if we don't get 30 games out of him this season.

Think it's more that he isn't an unknown anymore,  teams are keeping a tight rein. Playing him as a supersub will keep him out of the spotlight and give him more impact.

Just now, imy9 said:

Mercer I am a tad baffled. First of all the majority of our players are poor signings and we our recruitment is poor. Now that's fine but the management is poor?

Who gave the young players a chance in the same place??? Mowbray is no Messiah but I can see a style of play now and we look a decent shout for the play offs. Sacking him if he does badly over a few games, come off it lol!

the situation of playing well for a few games then playing badly for half a dozen has been the trademark of mowbray,he`s taken us as far as he can imo,but being fair,at least give him a chance to have a pop at the play offs

2 minutes ago, Steptoe87 said:

BB will play every week regardless he’s the highest payed player at the club. 
Buckley should be no where near the team at all he’s weak no pace and does nothing yet he get chance after chance where others don’t get a fair crack at the whip

He is far from the highest paid player at the club.

2 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Mercer I am a tad baffled. First of all the majority of our players are poor signings and our recruitment is poor. Now that's fine but the management is poor?

This league is all about organisation, confidence and momentum.

Start well and you fly otherwise you will struggle to catch the bus.

• Like 1